Search Unity

Submissions for the Made with Unity Showcase at Unite '16 are now live!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by nathaniel-ventura-unity, Jul 20, 2016.

1. nathaniel-ventura-unity

nathaniel-ventura-unity

Hey everyone! Nathan here from the Made with Unity team.

We're excited to announce that open submissions for the Made with Unity Showcase at Unite '16 are now live! This is a great opportunity to showcase your game to other developers, media, publishers, and investors. Selected developers will get 2 conference tickets, an area to showcase their game, and promotional support on social media for your game.

If you have a playable demo available you should definitely apply! All you need to do is fill out the submission form and sign up for a profile on the newly redesigned madewith.unity.com. Let me know if you have any questions!

Edit: Check out the Made with Unity Showcase Blog Post for some more details.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

What date is the submission deadline?

3. supadupa64

supadupa64

What happened to the thread about winning a ticket to this when we submitted a developer story?

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

supadupa64 likes this.
  5. nathaniel-ventura-unity

nathaniel-ventura-unity

Hey @theANMATOR2b the deadline is August 14th at midnight PDT. Also @supadupa64 the finalists were announced on this blog post. I'll get the thread back up with the updated finalists. Sorry about the confusion.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. supadupa64

supadupa64

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  7. supadupa64

supadupa64

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  8. McMayhem

McMayhem

I just looked at the submission page and it says the deadline is August 21st at midnight PDT, can we get an update on this? Has the date changed?

9. DeXoN

DeXoN

Has anyone received an acceptance notice yet? According to the submission form acceptance notices were sent out yesterday.

McMayhem likes this.
  10. McMayhem

McMayhem

Yea, I was wondering about this as well. Tried calling the San Fransisco office, but it went straight to voicemail. Normally, I'd just wait until something got sent to my email, but there's that one line on the official page that worries me:

I'm not sure if there are issues getting the email through or if the response date was pushed a week like the submission deadline, but some clarification on this one would be very much appreciated!

DeXoN likes this.
  11. DeXoN

DeXoN

Perhaps we didn't get selected. However, I will say none of my promo codes included in the submission have been collected. So, if I wasn't selected, then at least I know they didn't even attempt to launch the game.

12. McMayhem

McMayhem

Well I'm sure that a company that stresses the importance of community would put in the minute effort required to send a mass email to all participants letting them know that the selection was complete. So I doubt that's the reason. My guess is the evaluation queue still has a few projects left in it and they're giving themselves more time to adequately vet the candidates.

There's also the fact that it's Labor Day weekend in the US right now. So it's possible they're going to wait until they all get back to work before finishing up the selection.

theANMATOR2b and DeXoN like this.
  13. eastes

eastes

I'm itching to find out as well. *crosses fingers*

14. macdude2

macdude2

So my guess actually, is that its going to take one more week than they posted on the form. I believe they pushed back the submission date by one week so I have no doubt they will need an "extra" week to finish evaluating all the submissions as well. But its hard to say for sure.

eastes likes this.
  15. bigheadjack

bigheadjack

So any updates? Any estimate of when we will receive notification one way or another?

16. eastes

eastes

I'm still in limbo with booking international flights. I'm still assuming I'm not accepted, but we just need to find someone who is accepted to find out for sure.

DeXoN likes this.
  17. DeXoN

DeXoN

Exactly!

18. McMayhem

McMayhem

@DeXoN Did you find out if any of the promo codes you included in your submission were used? It just feels really weird that they wouldn't even bother to play it before deciding.

I sent an email to @nathaniel-ventura-unity but never got a response back. It's been well over a week now since the original date (9-1-2016) and still nothing from Unity on this.

19. DeXoN

DeXoN

Yes, we're quickly approaching 2 weeks beyond the official response date. To answer your question, none of the promo codes I submitted with the application have been collected.

20. eastes

eastes

Was just notified that we didn't make it. Good luck guys!

McMayhem likes this.
  21. McMayhem

McMayhem

Yea, we didn't make it either which is too bad, but that's always the risk of trying I guess :).

Hope some of the others were able to make it in. See you guys at Unite 2016!

22. DeXoN

DeXoN

Same here. Sigh :(