Search Unity

Studio Animals quest first build

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by daidokoro, Sep 16, 2014.

1. daidokoro

daidokoro

Hi
    After some nights learning and learning again, please find below a first build prototype Mac & Pc. The game works on keyboard or joystick and should work the same on all platforms. Thanks for your feedback on this.

This is a tentative color version, want to achieve a flat poly look, not final but getting there.

pc & mac version, there is no download link available now, soon in beta

Ok back to work, now designing level 2 and leaving playmaker & unity for a brain break.

Thanks for your valuable feedback

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
    Stranger-Games likes this.
  2. Stranger-Games

Stranger-Games

I just played it it looks too cool, but somewhat mysterious :)
    I think the controls need to be easier.
    If the right analog rotate the camera and player around it will be cool.

3. daidokoro

daidokoro

Hi thanks for the feedback. Yes indeed now i have the second stick (or mouse) controlling the rotation of the camera. I will post a new release soon

4. FBTH

FBTH

Please post some video, or pictures of the game please. I would download it, but it is a bit risky to do so without pictures.

5. daidokoro

daidokoro

Hi
    So after collecting feedback and working some nights, please see below a new proto build of my game.

First some pictures from the game :

http://www.F***themidtones-games.com/screens/Screen5.png
    http://www.F***themidtones-games.com/screens/Screen1.png
    http://www.F***themidtones-games.com/screens/Screen2.png
    http://www.F***themidtones-games.com/screens/Screen3.png
    http://www.F***themidtones-games.com/screens/Screen4.png

Camera : after a lot of feedback, the camera is now of an orbit type and you can control it with mouse or right stick. There are still collisions problems but this is in the work. Other ToDo : lock the cam a few seconds at the start of the scene to avoid player to see sky or ground / if player stop then cam will be re-centered to keep a nice pov.

Main character : jump is less powerful with less air flow but i’m keeping a bit of it for later. There is now a double jump (just double click space bar or joystick button) but i will allow only 10 per level to spice the game
    Also i have implemented a Run Fast function hit C ou left bumper gauche when you are moving the player character. One button for Fire (joystick ou mouse) but i’m thinking about a second one that you can pick. Sounds of the character (footsteps / weapon & jump) to come in the next build.

Level : still working on a score board with stars for each level. There will be a scene loader before each scene to avoid wait and blank space (will give the player some random tips)(ToDo next build).
    Level 1, bonus level added ( please find) and there is now a second music when you come closer to the boss area atht e end (by the way you need to kill it to access menu and next level (need to fix the size of the trigger to shoot the boss probably better).
    Level 2, need to rework the end boss (rigging & anim ToDo) / work on details + Enemy AI behavior at the start (the small enemies can’t be killed by the way but they can kill you ). Sound level ToDo
    Level 3 : working on the design and game meca.

Hope to reach 6 levels for now at some point…

So, on a general aspect this is quite close of the look i want for the whole product… still lot to optimize but it is still a prototype.
    Game is also working on PSP Vita (good progress, small optimization needed) & on Ouya (still a lot to optimize, scratching my head...)

Thanks for your past comments and the next ones, your valuable time and support and let me know what i can still improve.

Cheers from France / Emmanuel

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
    FBTH likes this.
  6. daidokoro

daidokoro

Long time no posts...been busy with development :)

So this is the game running on Sony Vita.

One more level to complete, some optimization and the game will be ready for beta then release.
    If all go to plans and we are selling a bit, we will do DLC with new small games and levels every 2 months.

Also an old trailer showing the WIP of the game (warning old footage much more advance now)

And a behind the scenes about Boss and character rigging/animations

7. daidokoro

daidokoro

and the main character player now in color (need to fix the needle with no shiny mat. as it is rusted)

PlayerPainted.png

8. daidokoro

daidokoro

So manage to finish the final look of the game as you can see in this video

FBTH likes this.
  9. daidokoro

daidokoro