Search Unity

Struggling With Enlighten

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by SteveJ, Mar 4, 2015.

1. SteveJ

SteveJ

Anyone know of any good tutorials/pointers for baking with Enlighten? I'm hitting a deadend with it - just getting terrible results (see screenshots). I'm pretty much just using the default settings. I've tried tweaking things here and there but nothing seems to make much difference to the "general look" of the results. I'm using the new Standard shader on everything. The torches in the game are all point lights set to baked only. Anyone know what I might be doing wrong?

Before baking:

After baking:

2. SteveJ

SteveJ

And another thing I don't understand - if all the lights in my scene are set to "Baked", why are they visible and active when I run the game without any baked lightmap data?

3. SteveJ

SteveJ

Oh! And there's this...

According to Unity's tutorial video (http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/modules/beginner/unity-5/unity5-lighting-overview) the "Linear" color space is the default and "best" for the new lighting system.

I found that my project was set to "Gamma" though, so was that the old default? The problem is that if I switch it to Linear, my project suddenly becomes extremely bright, including my NGUI interface.

Anyone know more about this and what the full story might be?

4. Brainswitch

Brainswitch

Gamma was the old default, and the only option available to Free users prior to Unity 5.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  5. SteveJ

SteveJ

Gamma:

Linear:

Also, each time I change back and forth between the Color Spaces, Unity throws an error. Might be a separate issue though:

6. Fer00m

Fer00m

Regarding the baked lighting... Maybe switching Directional Mode to Directional Specular could help?