Search Unity

Strange error, "Assembly-CSharp.dll.mdb"

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by MichealIkruhara, Nov 28, 2014.

1. MichealIkruhara

MichealIkruhara

After I saved a JS script that edits collision box dimensions, the compiler got this error;

Internal compiler error. See the console log for more information. output was:
    Unhandled Exception: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "E:\game\Temp\Assembly-CSharp.dll.mdb" is denied.

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean anonymous, FileOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, Boolean isAsync, Boolean anonymous) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor (System.String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CompilerServices.SymbolWriter.MonoSymbolWriter.WriteSymbolFile (Guid guid) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.SymbolWriter+SymbolWriterImpl.WriteSymbolFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.SymbolWriter.WriteSymbolFile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.CodeGen.Save (System.String name, Boolean saveDebugInfo, Mono.CSharp.Report Report) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Compile () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Mono.CSharp.Driver.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I found the file in the Temp folder it's referring to, but I don't know what it has to do with anything or why this problem has occurred. NONE of the script components on my objects work anymore, they all have the same error, saying next to a yellow triangle that it cannot be loaded; I can however still open and edit scripts, so they're still there.

I don't know what saving that script had to do with this, especially because the script already worked and all I did was edit some integers and change them into floats. And the file is called Csharp, I've never used Csharp in this project.

I tried reloading Unity, but the problem persists. I am using version 4.6.0f3.