Search Unity

Stencil Buffer problems

Discussion in 'PSM' started by Project-Mysh, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Hi,

This error was reported weeks ago (case 611704) but still no answer and no fix for the official realese: stencil buffer its not working as expected with shadow cutout. Take a look in the screenshot comparison:

Editor:

VitaComp2.jpg

PSVITA:

2014-06-20-132241.jpg

If someone have found a solution for this, pls help me!

2. eriQue

eriQue

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Unfortunately the bug was reported too close to the finalization of the Official Release version.

But indeed - there seems to be a bug in shadow volume rendering for the PS Vita. From what I can tell the only valid workaround is to use alpha instead of the stencil buffer (until we manage to release a fix).

3. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Ok thanks for the response. Using alpha its a solution, but not a good one. Draw calls are very important on a mobile platform, but glad to hear that this will get a fix.

Thanks for your response!

4. PeterD

PeterD

Are you able to sneak this into the GPU Skinning fix cycle. We'll all look the other way and pretend to cough while you do. Should provide a good distraction. ;)

5. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Hi eriQue,

Thanks for the fix in the hotfix release. Now you can close the "Case 611704" (its still open).

6. PeterD

PeterD

Screenshots or it didn't happen! Actually I just liked your demo scene :oops:

7. Project-Mysh

Project-Mysh

Here you go:

PSVITA screenshot:
    2014-07-31-152204.jpg

PeterD likes this.