Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Steampunk 3D Runner (Playmaker)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Graham-B, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Graham-B

Graham-B

Hey guys, just wanted to get a little feedback on the progress of my latest Playmaker project. There are a bunch of power-ups that need testing, but all in all I'm happy with the direction it's taken. It's been a lot of fun making this, I've been learning a ton about mecanim.

Special thanks to Rosalie for creating such a cool character!

You can try the Web Player Demo or the Android APK on your phone or tablet.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2015
  2. Alex-Chouls

Alex-Chouls

Very nice! BTW, the image seems to be broken in your post...

If you take some video I'd love to add it to our YouTube showcase playlist!

3. Graham-B

Graham-B

That would be awesome Alex! I'll let you know as soon as I have a video ready, will be working on it this coming week.

4. Sykoo

Sykoo

This is actually very fun to play! Keep it up.
    I'd suggest you to add some more brutal effect when player collides with the 'walls'. I.e when running at the right track, then if you swipe/go right again then you die or something. Because the slow down feels like some sort of help.
    Looks promising, good job! :)

5. Graham-B

Graham-B

Thanks Sykoo, I agree that in it's current state the feature is more of a helper than anything since you can keep hitting walls to slow down. I was actually imitating the effect from when you hit walls in other running games I've played. Hitting the wall once slows you down and hitting it a second time you are dead. The slowing down would let an assailant catch up to you or something along those lines.

I guess my version is just half a feature for now, I will have to decide a route to take with the wall hits. Does anyone have any cool ideas for what he is running from, or basically what is the danger of slowing down from hitting a wall?

6. ScottSewards

ScottSewards

When I played the game I encountered a glitch. Nothing serious. When the character was running and I tried to jump a gap between two higher platforms I almost made the jump but caught the edge of the platform in which my character became stuck and the game did not progress until I decided to jump again. It's very likely that it won't happen again.

Good game likewise.

7. Graham-B

Graham-B

Thanks for reporting the bug Scott. There are some strange things happening when the player go to high areas like that, I got stuck in a tunnel ceiling myself. o_O

8. Graham-B

Graham-B

The first version of this is now live on the Asset Store and 3DSauce.com. I've also just submitted an update that addresses numerous issues and adds Unity 5 support. Thanks for all the feedback!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    theANMATOR2b likes this.