Search Unity

Stealth Tutorial Error

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Hormic, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Hormic

Hormic

Hi all,

I'm on Chapter 1 - Gamecontroller -> http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/stealth/game-controller
    When i want to execute the game so far i get this errormessage:
    but line 23 seems correct, i copied it now from the tut to be safe its not an typing error:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         alarm = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag(Tags.alarm).GetComponent<AlarmLight>();
    i controlled every script and can't find the reason.

Maybe it's because i don't have the pro-version, and the problem is with the directional light setting on the light_main_directional and light_alarm_directional?
    Or maybe because there are scriptcommand changes in the newest version since the tutorial was written?

Thanks for help!

2. dannyhodge

dannyhodge

Instead of 'Tags.alarm', try 'alarm' inside the brackets (without the speechmarks). I'm still a beginner with Unity, but that is the way I do it, so maybe it works :)

3. Hormic

Hormic

thank you danny for your reply, but this was not the problem,
    i have sorted out the error above it was my own mistake of choosing the Alarm Tag instead of the Alarmlight Tag.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  4. Hormic

Hormic

I'm done with the tut now, and i enjoyed it very much, but i still have error(s).
    The game is functioning, execpt the shootingpart, the guards are chasing me but they don't shoot.

The errormessage i get is this one:
    Line 53 in script EnemySight is this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. anim.SetBool(hash.playerInSightBool, playerInSight);
    i can't explain the error bymyself, have controlled all involved scripts with the hash table creation and so on,
    and nothing seems wrong.

Thanks for help on this.

5. Hormic

Hormic

push - nobody an idea?