Search Unity

StateMachineBehaviour not getting called

Discussion in 'Animation' started by x2unity, Oct 22, 2015.

1. x2unity

x2unity

I have a project in Unity 5.0.2. which relies on StateMachineBehaviour and works fine.

Then I upgraded to Unity 5.2.2 (or 5.2.0), after which StateMachineBehaviour aren't receiving calls (OnStateEnter) for some GameObjects but is working for other GO, even though the animation controller are the same for both GO. The animation is trigger correctly. It's just the SMB method is not called.

I downgrade to Unity 5.1.0. ([Edit] and 5.1.4) And everything works fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
    David

[PS] While in PlayMode, if I make any modification to the animation controller, such as checking and unchecking WriteDefault, the SMB for the GO will start to work again. However stopping the game and starting again will revert back to same buggy behavior.

[PPS] As far as I can tell, the major difference between GOs that's work and one which is not working is the working one is created from a Prefab, and the not work one is cloned from a scene GO.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2015
  2. cybie

cybie

(I am op) More information:

When SMB is not getting called, it doesn't seems to be there! If I all animator.GetBehaviour<MySmb>(), I will get null.

Likewise if I call GetBehaviour on an animator which is working properly, I will get a non-null value.

3. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

This is a know bug and was fixed this week, the fix should be available soon in a patch release.

4. x2unity

x2unity

Great Thanks!

David

5. x2unity

x2unity

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015