Search Unity

(Star Trek) Broken Mirror 3: Rise of The Empire

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JPB18, Dec 9, 2012.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

Oh it is up for debate, obviously not on this thread but it's me facepalming not you. Oh by the way I've watched star trek all my life, so don't automatically presume.

2. DWFlash

DWFlash

Well, I think if there's any one thing Trek fans can agree on, it's that we'll argue about anything regarding Trek. :p

In seriousness though, STBM is a completion of a project I started about 7 years ago, back when the flash game was popular. This was all going to be a flash game eventually set in the same universe as Flash Trek. But then I met Joao and somehow we ended up making this! This has also been our first foray into Unity and 3D game development in general, so in a lot of ways, this whole project has been about learning more than anything.

Because of this project, I have several game ideas on the backburner for a variety of different projects, one of which being a Trek game that would put the player as a junior officer in Starfleet. It's a pretty big concept already in my head and I'm honestly not sure if it's feasible for just the two of us to develop. But that's a ways down the road, so we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!

3. CarterG81

CarterG81

Hey guys, perhaps someone should make a thread about how Doctor Who is about combat too. That is why it's popular. The Explosive Doctor-Based Combat.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
    Razputin likes this.
  4. CarterG81

CarterG81

Sounds good.

Your game sounds fine :)

There is nothing wrong with, nor do I have anything against, Star Trek combat. FTL was entirely about star trek style combat and nothing else, and it was a great game compared to many releases.

5. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Deleted User and Ocid like this.
  6. DWFlash

DWFlash

7. JPB18

JPB18

Just an heads up: 0.2.2 Beta version has been released right now! Same website as before:

http://brokenmirror3.com/index.php/openbeta

Pretty much we implemented in this version:
    - Colonization
    - Government AI
    - Cloak
    - Game Over Screen

And begun work on:
    - Economy
    - Energy
    - Upgrades

Added the Akira and Defiant classes, and added much more things! However, most of it is inacessible at the time being :p (we need to include several panels for it). But it's a WIP! You can also check the changelog in the download!

8. joshuadz1295

joshuadz1295

9. Razputin

Razputin

10. joshuadz1295

joshuadz1295

Oh :oops:

Razputin likes this.
  11. joshuadz1295

joshuadz1295