Search Unity

SpriteSheet Trilinear Filter Issues

Discussion in '2D' started by Akini, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Akini

Akini

Hey,
    im new to Unity. I have a problem with the SpriteSheet Filter. It seems, that the Trilinear Filter is bad on the SpriteSheet. Why is that so? The Edge is Blurry in The SpriteSheet but not in the Single File. I sliced it correctly.
    fehler.png
    Thx for any help

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

needs more padding.

3. Akini

Akini

Thanks for your reply.Added really big paddings. Still have the Problem with the trilinear filter. tesat.png

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

no it needs to be padded without alpha, ie filling the clear areas with boundary pixels - try ticking Alpha Is Transparency option in texture import too.

5. Akini

Akini

Sry, i dont know where do you mean in the Graphics Editor?? I Use free Images. Or can i make this in Unity?, when yes where?

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Unity texture asset. Click the texture.

7. Akini

Akini

Sry, i really dont find it.I have Opened the Texture in unity and there is not such an option. :(

8. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Try advanced?

9. Akini

Akini

Thx. The Option Alpha Is Transparency is Selected. I tried a bit. No Improvement.

10. Akini

Akini

fehlerextended.png

Any other suggestions?? Would be great, because i dont know how to fix this.

11. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Firstly, a bilinear or trilinear filter applies to the fragments INSIDE the bounds of the geometry. It doesn't have anything to do with any pixels outside of the bounds of the object, and it doesn't make the edges of geometry smooth on the outside either. If there are still gaps with bilinear, trilinear, or no filtering, then it maybe has to do with the coordinates being slightly off, the objects maybe not being quite wide enough, maybe some floating point rounding error, etc. Because if you have enough padding and the geometry is overlapping each other a little bit there shouldn't be gaps.

12. Akini

Akini

The gaps are in the bounds. There are no gaps with no filtering ( Points). With a single sprite it works fine, but not with a spritesheet

13. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Are you on mac or windows? I've noticed some gaps before between different platforms and had to a sort of per-platform hack to fix it.