Search Unity

Splash Screens vastly increasing game size

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by DaveTheSlave, Jul 16, 2014.

1. DaveTheSlave

DaveTheSlave

Hey guys, we've been having a really nasty issue, any help would be greatly appreciated!

In a previous Unity version, when building to iOS, the xcode project would display default Unity splash screens for each resolution. I used to just replace the splash screens at that point. With no splash screens, the build would be roughly 42 MB deployed by XCode's prediction. WIth the splash screens applied that way, it came out to 46 MB, which is roughly the size of the added images.

As of at least the latest build, although I don't know how long ago the old xcode management was, I can't find the same splash screens to apply. By trying to put them in through the player settings, the same four images, it would come up to ~76 MB. I have no idea where it's getting 30 MB from those four images, but it only seems to happen when putting in the splash screens through the project settings.

Am I applying the images wrong? Is there a place to put the splash screens in the same way as before?

2. DaveTheSlave

DaveTheSlave

Maybe I posted this in the wrong section? I've never heard of going this long without someone chiming in? Is this problem that rare? :-(