Search Unity

Spell Game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by RecursiveRuby, Feb 4, 2015.

1. RecursiveRuby

RecursiveRuby

Hey so working on a Magicka / Diablo style game. Its still in the verrrrrrry early stages but I have the spell system working pretty well I just need to add a bunch more spells now. Anyway the basics are the player has 8 spells and 4 different elements. Each spell has a certain elemental cost so certain spells may need the player to have certain elements. Here's some gameplay footage anyway. The music is just to set the mood I wouldn't actually be using it if I were to release it a long time from now. Also to explain what is going on, these are just some simple enemies that get faster every few seconds. The player can shoot ice shards which slows them down, a fire blast which will give them a burning dot, or a fire beam which is mostly effective against just a single target or a speed buff. These are just the current spells I intend on adding much more.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. zeman97

zeman97

Looks pretty good, I always enjoy the creativity and variety of spells that come from games like this :) would be cool if you keep developing it

3. RecursiveRuby

RecursiveRuby

Hey bit of an update. It's still very rough around the edges. I've been playing around a lot with level design trying to find a nice feel for the game. Have a lot of work to do on the combat system yet mainly creating new enemies and coming up with a bunch of spells. Hope you like it anyway :)