Search Unity

Speed tree replacement shader

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by scrawk, Sep 1, 2015.

1. scrawk

scrawk

Does anyone know how to render the speed tree's using a replacement shader.

With the old tree's you just used the TreeTransparentCutout or TreeOpaque render type but the speed tree's just have a generic TransparentCutout render type.

This means I can not tell the difference between a speed tree and a normal TransparentCutout object in the replacement shader and there fore can not apply the vert displacement for wind movement to the trees.

2. Plutoman

Plutoman

Could you just modify their internal shader? It's all in the shaders zip file. Modify it and define a new type to render from. I was glancing through their shaders simply to pull features I want from them into my own shaders, as theirs does not have the feature set I want, but I did want some of the wind & hue variation.

3. scrawk

scrawk

Yes I could just add a new tag to the shaders but this is for something for the asset store and I rather have a solution for this rather that say to people they have to modify the internal shader in there project.

Im just kinda surprised Unity didn't put a 'SpeedTreeTransparentCutout' tag in the shaders. Must be a reason? or a over sight?

4. Plutoman

Plutoman

Ah, in that case, I can't help. That would be nice, but I have no idea on how to do that simply and easily without a modification.