Search Unity

SPACE1999 Moon Base Alpha inside Unity3d - Game Work in Progress.

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by arraoal, Apr 15, 2015.

1. arraoal

arraoal

Hi all, i start 3 months ago making a Moon Base as low poly for create a game in Unity3d, this model take me 3 months working hard until be ready , at the moment i develop many Lods and other buildings for i get good performance in such huge model. 1.500k polys total. This video shows all the exterior base without terrain just the 3d model intself. (this was the first fase)

The secound fase was insert a huge terrain with resolution enoght for make a lunar landscape. You can see in this video.

In this fase im doing interiors and more complex instalations around the main base.

Some interiors of the underconstruction main mission and other animated buildings some few from unity 3d assets.

CGI 3D model made in 3dmax and render by Peter O´Rockye iin Lightwave,

The interiors of Main Mission

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
  2. OboShape

OboShape

nice one, looking sweet, looks like alot of work has went into it, well done!

brings back memories of watching it on telly :)

tango209 and arraoal like this.
  3. mewhy

mewhy

This is pretty stinkin' legit! keep up the good work!

arraoal likes this.
  4. paulojsam

paulojsam

now you need the histerical captain giving orders to everybody ...

5. arraoal

arraoal

Thanks to all, the game concept is a free walk throug first person missions the idea is drive vehicles like moon buggy the tank and the eagle with many diferent modules. The idea is in development yet.

New improvements inside the main mission area, dont pay atencion to some errors they have there yet cause its not completed. All base meshs are make it with Lods 2 or 3 for achive beter performance in game as much as possable im studing also the implementation of the ocllussion culling but im learning this stuff yet im more a 3d modeler them a coder in unity , so a huge work farward like you all can imagine.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Very nice work arraroal. If you could get the moon surface to look as good in Unity as the renders that would be VERY nice!

That would of been cool! The earliest thing I remember was Voyager showing pictures of Jupiter for the first time.

arraoal likes this.
  7. arraoal

arraoal

Yes theANMATOR2b i remember to im from this age ehehehe, yes the Moon surfice need to be painting yet alot of work on that. Thanks for your post.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  8. arraoal

arraoal

Im try here to use less lights as possable and make use of the emission light for get more performance in game. New rooms.

Some more external shots.

OboShape likes this.
  9. paulojsam

paulojsam

very nice work, whats your favorite episode

arraoal likes this.
  10. arraoal

arraoal

Thanks Paulojsam, i think all the first series. I dont have one in special, but i love the first one.

11. paulojsam

paulojsam

i agree the second one, well only a few episodes matched the quality. Can you make a game out of it, or the copyright still exist

12. arraoal

arraoal

Yes i think i can make a game out of ITV SP1999 episodes.. yes the copyright exists but retain the rights for Movies, aniway for games is easy have the aproval from Uk ITV i have some British people related with this subject and very well informed in Liverpool ..but try make a movie based on that series and probably you never get the license. They already try it and failed.

13. arraoal

arraoal

Im using now Oclussion culling in the terrain and all meshs, amazing how they go up in performance specialy when using such large detailed terrain.

Hi all i start to make the Area2 some lazer barrier efects and lights i already add on it. Animation for activate barriers and desactivate already works nice.

14. paulojsam

paulojsam

now you need the funky electric guitar and the episode trailer !!!

15. arraoal

arraoal

Eagle one as Landed.

16. arraoal

arraoal

A new video.

17. arraoal

arraoal

Hellow all , finaly i make a decente video HD 1080dpis with high frame rate of all the work i make until now, i hope you like it. Work in progress.

18. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Well I must say that it is about time that someone paid homage to probably one of the most underappreciated "realistic" SciFi TV shows and this is it!!

Watching all the videos makes me want to explore every single area of MoonBase Alpha! The detail on the base is amazing and the work on the rescue Eagle is just fantastic.

I can see this game being up on Greenlight or Kickstarter as it has the potential to really give us a chance to see the moon and explore what it would be like to live in such environment.

Keep up the great work!

arraoal likes this.
  19. IO-Fox

IO-Fox

Wow, very impressive work!

arraoal likes this.
  20. arraoal

arraoal

Thanks very much CaptCanada and Tayer, yep i think we canot let die such amazing Science Fiction kickstart movie series from the years 70,s who really start to launch the other science fiction movies, so much was be done and was So...very well done with so litle resources, is amazing how can they do such series without CGI design and computers. Just models made by hand and old cameras, i m sure this push for intelect ideas and inprovisation from this Guys, they are really Artists literaly.

So... the SHOW Must Go On like Freedy says.

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  21. Spaceblinkey

Spaceblinkey

Hi - is this available to download anywhere ?

22. CaptCanada

CaptCanada

Is this still in development??

23. 3dGeek

3dGeek

This is really awesome!!! I'm a huge fan of the show. Is the model available for download? Are you making a Space 1999 game? Do you need any collaborators? Because I'm interested.