Search Unity

Space shooter project not working?

Discussion in '2D' started by Michael_93, Jan 12, 2014.

1. Michael_93

Michael_93

I'm trying to download the assets for space shooter but whenever I click launch application it won't work or nothing appears to be happening.

Thank you for any input on the matter

2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

What do you mean "launch application"? Are you opening the project, opening the scene and hitting play?

3. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Are you referring to this project:
    http://unity3d.com/learn/tutorials/projects/space-shooter

This project is not 2D. It's 3D, or arguably 2.5D as it plays out on the x-z plane.

To download this project directly into Unity, it's best that you have Unity open and you go to the asset store using Window / Asset Store or use the hot key of <cmd> + 9 (mac) or <ctrl> + 9 (win) to open the asset store in the editor and search for Space Shooter. Use the "download" button to download the assets directly into your project.

You can alternatively follow this link in a browser and select "Open in Unity".

kamal4unity and y4gamilight like this.
  4. zzzfirefox

zzzfirefox

When I try to "Open in Unity" from the asset store it says please wait and just hangs. Is this because I need version 4.3.1 but have 4.3.4 (free), or is the link just broken?

5. softwizz

softwizz

Thats never worked for me, just open unity and open the asset store in unity.

6. zzzfirefox

zzzfirefox

Thanks softwizz it worked perfectly.

7. Nikomskiy

Nikomskiy

When I'm trying to download from the project link or open window - > assets store in unity, I always get the message "you are currently offline" and I can import only default assets, that are not needed for the space project. I'm connected to the internet. Anyone knows what to do?

8. OboShape

OboShape

can you check to see if you have any proxy settings that may be blocking access.

i had this a while ago and found that a wifi connection at work had altered my proxy settings and added entries into my HOSTS files. normal browsing was fine, just that one connection to the asset store

9. y4gamilight

y4gamilight

It's worked. Thank you Adam Buckner

<