Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Space Seclusion - Indie Survival Horror Game

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by KaiDev404, May 28, 2015.

1. KaiDev404

KaiDev404

boxshot.png
    Description

While travelling through space you get attacked by aliens. While the aliens are attacking they kill all your fellow crew members. When you realize what’s happening, it’s too late. Next thing you know there are aliens boarding your ship and you have nothing to fight back with. Your only option is to restore the ship’s power and activating the security. When you do this the systems will kill the aliens.
    The main objective is to repair the systems that were damaged in the attack. While you are doing this the aliens will be patrolling the ship in search of survivors. While they are doing this they will be damaging system along the way.
    The only equipment with you is a flash light and a tablet which you can view the security cameras with.

How long can you survive

http://www.desura.com/games/space-seclusion

Gameplay

The game put you in a first person's view of a ship's engineer. You have security cameras that you can access through a tablet. Repair systems to recharge the ship's power. You can hide from the alien so they can't kill you . When the ship's power is restored you can activate the ship's security systems and then the systems will kill all the aliens on board.

SCREENSHOT3.png
    SCREENSHOT1.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Kai - pretty interesting development.
    The description you provided made me think of FTL, then when I watched the video it was a shock to see the first person gameplay. It works though.

If you have plans to iterate on this here is a little feedback for you to consider.
    The audio needs to be equalized. It's hitting out of range in several areas, and it's painful when wearing head phones.
    The normal mapping on the walls isn't really working. It makes the walls look like melted putty instead of panelled walls. You may be able to fix this by adjusting the intensity of the normal map.
    I found it a little humorous - this is obviously in the future and the tech is advanced and there are aliens -- and the security system is black and white video with distorted lenses. I don't think this really needs to be changed, but it made me smile. It looks good.
    There are a lot of overly bright areas in all the environments. The red is kind of painful to look at. I kind of get the sense you are attempting to deliver, but it isn't working exactly right. May want to work on some texturing instead of solid material colors and tone down the emisive properties on nearly everything. Smaller more subtle emisive applications could work real well in this corridor type environment you've created.
    The lense flair, bright spark thing on the splash image above isn't very pretty. Consider doing something with the alien head and the logo instead of trying a composite image with that bright distraction.

The alien models are nice but the animations are very generic humanoid stock animations. Aliens would benefit from some quality textures and custom animations to make them look and act more 'alien'.

You have a solid iteration so far. I think with a couple more passes it could really be a nice product.

3. DanglinBob

DanglinBob

Clever idea, and I agree with the above that the B&W cameras look great but the first person camera... doesn't. :)