Search Unity

Space Raider

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DeanMarquette, Aug 19, 2015.

1. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

"Space Raider"

Hi, this is a paid game ($1) so please at least check out the video and let me know how you think it looks. Thanks!

In this game you’ll be fighting off an android attack from space pirates who have boarded your spaceship.

This fun and exciting game uses a progressive difficulty format. There are 6 stages 3 of which contain tricky bosses and super advanced robots. Each stage contains pickups and power ups for your player to help you get through alive!

There are two players to choose from. One has a simple knife for hack & slash gameplay and the other has a riffle.

The melee player has greater health but is a lot slower when it comes to destroying robots on the timed stages.

The armed player has an assault rifle which always him to kill much faster than his unarmed counterpart however, his health is much lower.

Choose the player that best fits your strategy and try to complete the game. Then choose the other player and play again as you try to adopt a new strategy.

Please let me know what you think, thank you!!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.BowersLLC.SpaceRaider

2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

The game looks alright. I'm not sure if you used the Unity robot or not, but it looks like the one Unity provides.
    When the quy with the rifle runs he holds the weapon very unrealistically. The proper way to run with a rifle is to run while holding it with both hands.
    The one other thing I noticed that just stood out as needing some improvement was the reaction animations of the player characters and the robots. They didn't look very natural, and they seemed to play in slow motion. I'd expect to see some sparks flying from the robots when they were hit or shot.

Other than those few things, good job on release.

3. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Thanks for the review I really appreciate you checking out my new game.

Yes, it is the Unity robot I'm using. I actually have an animation for holding the rifle with both hands so I'll add that one for sure.

I think I can just simply speed up the hit reaction animation. Although, my own thoughts about this are that I intended to make it look like you really feel that hit. So I'll get some more input before I change it.

Oh! thanks, I forgot about the sparks. They have "The Exploder" on sale in the asset store, I think I'll add a small explosion for a couple robot deaths as well.

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Slowing down a reaction animation reduces the effect of impact the animation is supposed to deliver. Speeding up the animation - back to normal speed may not deliver the effect of impact either if the animation isn't strong (over-exaggerated) enough. Might consider a different animation, or improve the one you are using with animation software.

I'd also suggest changing the texture of the Unity robot just so it looks different. Since you are charging for this, there are a lot of free games and tutorials that use that same robot as only example for testing.

5. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

I actually have 3 different textures on the robots but I guess because of the camera distance and fast past style of the game you cant really tell. I'll make some major changes regarding this, they'll look completely unique when I'm done. The original fit so perfectly though but I have some original textures of my own that should fit just as well.

Thanks again for the advise. I'll keep tweaking until its about as good as it can get before I move on to another project.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. Nothnless

Nothnless

7. DeanMarquette

DeanMarquette

Thanks!