Search Unity

Sound Max distance trouble

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Sentjes, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Sentjes

Sentjes

Hello there,

I have a stupid problem/bug!

I made an new empty GameObject, and gave it a mono-sound (mp3 file).
    Now i want would like to only hear the sound in a certain distance (80 units)
    So i change the 3D settings to:
    Min Distance: 20
    Max Distance 80
    Volume: 1
    Play on Awake and Loop are checked.

When i walk over those 80 units, i can still hear my sound on the maximum volume.
    Even when i am at the other side of my world. I can still hear my sound on the max. volume.

How can i fix this?

2. Sueko

Sueko

I have the same problem. Did you fix it?? Any ideas? I have waisted around 10 hours on this soon....Tried everything I could found..

3. BL00DCELL

BL00DCELL

I have the same problem. This $hit is annoying.

4. Chiaro22

Chiaro22

I have the same problem. I've got the listener attached to the camera, 3D sounds checked, added a audio source to an empty game object, but no matter how I set the min max values there's still the same audio volume level all over the scene.

5. Chiaro22

Chiaro22

After some trial and error I found out that you can manually edit the volumecurve in the 3D sound settings for the problematic audio source. Dragging it manually to 0 finally solved my problem.

For setting a good max value it also helps to select top down view in the Scene view, select the audio source, and visually see the max radius change in the terrain as you change the max value. Just a couple of findings I thought I'd share in case others get the same problem later.

6. MakeCodeNow

MakeCodeNow

If you change your falloff from Logrithmic to Linear, it'll also fix this issue. Confusingly in Unity (and FMOD), Logrithmic Max Distance means the distance at which the sound *stops getting softer* :p