Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

SOUL AXIOM | First-Person-Puzzler | Cyber-Thriller | PC, PS4, XB1, Wii U

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by WalesInteractive, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalesInteractive

WalesInteractive

Greetings from Wales!

Ben Tester here from Wales Interactive showcasing our sci-fi adventure game, Soul Axiom. I originally started this post in the Showcase section but I thought as there is still a bit of time left in development, it makes sense to post here. The game is in Early Access with its full PC, Mac & Linux release in a couple of months' time. Expect the console release during Q4 2015.

I'll leave you with some of the game details below along with the trailer. Please let us know your thoughts and feel free to join in on the Early Access with the links below.

We're currently working on a new trailer for Gamescom Cologne and we're also in the middle of upgrading the engine from Unity 4 to 5 so it'll be a couple of weeks before we release new content.

The Game

Explore Soul Axiom's rich environments and immersive story to unravel the mystery of your life, and your digital afterlife. You will be taken on an intriguing voyage of discovery, through beautiful, haunting locations, facing challenges that will lead you into danger on your mission to unlock your identity, your story, your mystery. But beware: some mysteries are better left unsolved.

The Story

Take your first steps to paradise by uploading your soul to Elysia, named by critics as "the single most important development in the history of the human race" (Era Magazine, 2027). As the latest state of the art Digital Soul Provider, Elysia is a sprawling server where your memories and dreams become reality. Our patented SoulSync system allows you to choose the memories you want to enjoy for eternity; whether you are a living user or you simply wish to leave a lasting testament of your life that the whole family can relive at their leisure.

In Elysia, death has no dominion. In Elysia, life has no boundaries. Cast off your mortal shackles and discover the secret to immortality in your digital afterlife. Discover Elysia.​

Thank you all for taking the time to check out the game and I hope you like what we have worked so hard on over the past 12 months. If you have any questions about the game or the team behind the game then please leave your comments below.

Cheers!
    Ben

STEAM: store.steampowered.com/app/279900
    Web: walesinteractive.com/soulaxiom

Facebook: facebook.com/WalesInteractive
    Twitter: twitter.com/WalesInter

Last edited: Jul 3, 2015
    Mister-D likes this.
  2. WalesInteractive

WalesInteractive

Here's a few more screenshots from the game! You can quickly see them all by following this link.​

IndieAner3d likes this.
  3. Debhon

Debhon

wow nice screenshots! Good work!

WalesInteractive likes this.
  4. WalesInteractive

WalesInteractive

Thanks Debhon, much appreciated! I'll keep you updated with more screenshots coming soon :)

5. WalesInteractive

WalesInteractive

Here's a couple of GIF's to show off some of the game. The first being the front end menu followed by one showing the first power you collect. It's called the 'Phase' power and essential materializes and de-materializes objects, meaning you can walk through them or have other objects pass through them. This is just 1 of 3 powers available in the game now with a 4th power to come very soon!

Hope you all like what you see and if you have any questions, just give me a shout!

-Ben

6. WalesInteractive

WalesInteractive

We are currently in the process of upgrading from Unity 4 to Unity 5 and have come across more of a delay than expected. If anyone has been following the development you'll know we've been releasing one level every 1-2 weeks but due to the long delay with the upgrade we have a couple of levels due to come out at once. Here's a couple of sneak previews into the upcoming levels!

Please leave your comments or questions below :)

Cheers,
    Ben

7. IndieAner3d

IndieAner3d

WoW

Awesome looking Project ^o^
    Very interesting to read ^__^
    The screens makes appetite for more *_*

I like the Art/Design a lot ^^
    It´s look like a Crossover from/ with
    Old school Retro/ Tron to/ with New school Bioshock/ Farcry-Dragon Blood... ^^
    Very interesting °-°
    And the best is definitely the Glitched Moon... HaHa looks so cool... ^^

You show one "Puzzle Effect" ^^
    I would like to see more of that and how it works... ^^
    What´s about Enemy´s and Story...?!?

Greetz ^^

8. WalesInteractive

WalesInteractive

Hi Aner3d, thanks for your comments! I remember someone saying they thought it was a bug with the texture on the moon making it glitch out which was quite funny.

We're calling the game a sci-fi adventure thriller, so the main aim is to really find out who you are and what your story is. When you start the game you're literally dropped into a level without knowing anything at all and you have to explore the levels to piece together clues to your story.

Soul Axiom is a spiritual successor to Master Reboot, so it's based on the same premise that when you die, it's possible to upload your soul to a digital server. This means you can re-live your precious memories and dreams for eternity. In Soul Axiom, this digital world or Digital Soul Provider, is called Elysia.

In the game you'll be taken on a voyage through various locations, sometimes quite haunting and other times quite beautiful. You'll face challenges along the way which is where you hand powers come into play. They will help you manipulate your surrounding environments to solve puzzles. Currently 3 powers are available (Phase, Play & Destroy) with 1 more to come soon. The Phase power is the one shown, the Play power essential let's you animate objects and pause/unpause them in time and the Destroy power is self-explanatory with the option of quick weaker shots or one slower powerful shot.

If you like, I'll leave some links to some previews below :)

Rock, Paper, Shotgun Preview
    Destructoid Preview
    IGN Preview

Cheers!
    Ben

IndieAner3d likes this.
  9. IndieAner3d

IndieAner3d

Hiii@WalesInteractive ^^

First ThX for your detailed answer and the links... very interesting ^^
    Second in the end, I just search Soul Axiom on Youtube... and
    found some Walkthrough/Let´ play which answer me more question
    than I can ask for...!!! xD

And on looking the Walkthrough it gets more interesting... ;---)
    Now I have a better view to your Product... And what it is... ^o^

I wish you and your Team/Title the best and good luck... ^__^

10. WalesInteractive

WalesInteractive

You're very welcome and glad to hear you looking into more footage of the game!

Thanks very much for stopping by :)

IndieAner3d likes this.
  11. WalesInteractive

WalesInteractive

Greetings to the Unity community!!

A few weeks' back I posted an announcement here and on Steam stating we’re upgrading the game engine from Unity 4 to Unity 5. If you haven’t seen that, you can click this link. Updating the engine has required us to completely overhaul every level and steps have been made to improve a number of aspects of the game which would have caused problems with the old engine. Because of this it has taken us a little longer than expected but it just means the final game will be a much improved version.

We are now happy to announce we’re very close to the end and have planned to release the new content next week.

We will make a detailed announcement of all the cool new features as well as bug fixes and general game upgrades when the update is complete but expect the main improvements on the surface of the game to be within the lighting, shaders, audio and general frame rate. Note that your hand powers will now illuminate areas that are intended to be dark. On top of this we’ll also be releasing the much awaited final levels of Chapter Four!

Here’s a few screenshots to show off some of the progress in the earlier levels…

Gamescom 2015 & New Trailer

It’s finally confirmed we’ll be taking Soul Axiom to Gamescom Cologne 2015! More top secret news will be coming soon with regards to this event so keep your eyes open for that as well as a brand new trailer. The trailer will feature a lot of unseen footage so you won’t want to miss it. Be warned… it’s cool, really cool!

Thank you all again for your patience with this update and we hope you’re all looking forward to completing Chapter Four!

Don’t forget if you want to support the game then you can leave a Steam review on the store page or share the game with your friends. Feel free to share any of our updates on our Facebook and Twitter also.

If you have any questions just get involved on the forum or get in touch at support[at]walesinteractive.com.

Cheers!
    Ben

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.