Search Unity

[Solved]Unity 4.6 and UnityVS aren't working well. Has some advice?

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by jackdracon, Dec 19, 2014.

1. jackdracon

jackdracon

Hey guys, how are you?
    Last month with all news about Unity's new version and Microsoft's program to incentive a development with Visual Studio Community 2013, they released a UnityVS free for this version. I tried to update some games that I was working on and to improve myself with this new features.
    This update what I think as a normal choice, wasn't so good and still persists to be bad.
    Below a little of my experience with this update and feature:
    1. One simple game what I was working on over the last 3 months, merely cleaned up all the scene. Yep, all my scene/level structure get clear. To the start point. (Here, I didn't even used UnityVS);I simply decided to leave this project, because I want and I need to launch something to mobile. So, I decided to create a new project, very more simple than the other. But I choosed to use the UnityVS and give it a try.
    2. With the project and UnityVS solution created, I coded something VERY BASIC:
      Code (CSharp):
      1. public void Start () {  Debug.Log("START");  }
    Attached that file in my Main Camera, play button. Then, nothing happens.
    To me, Unity isn't compiling the files. But is wrong, because it detect when is something wrong on the code.
    I reinstalled Unity but don't work. May be I need to delete related to my user profile infos. Am I correct?
    Is someone here getting similar problems? Do have some suggestions about it?
    Thanks,
    Jack.

2. kaykay

kaykay

I have experienced the same problem what you talked..
    Unity 4.6.7 / Visual Studio 2015 community/ VSTools 2015

There's a problem like this..
    When I attached the script to the Main Camera.. the debug by the UnityVS didn't worked..
    But after I moved to the same script to the another Game Object, the debug worked...well..

How do you solve this problem???