Search Unity

[Solved] simple question for java users

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by Thibault-Potier, Oct 4, 2015.

1. Thibault-Potier

Thibault-Potier

hey ;)

sorry to post this here but since i'm use to this forum and know that the community here is cool, i'll expose my question here.

I'm student and have an exercise:
    It's about object programmation (and heritage). I'm suppose to write a hierarchy in c++, but instead of giving us a UML graph, my teacher gave the .java version of the exercise (the class made the java exercise last year). (I wasn't following his class last year so i'm a bit sad he chose to ignore new students).

So basically i'm suppose to translate files from java to c++. I've nerver learn java and i'm a bit lost.

What the hell is "extends" and "implements" and "interface" suppose to mean ??

i'm guessing "extends" is the syntaxes to declare a relationship of heritage. I only know C++ :/

I just want to draw the UML, and after i'll be just fine.

Thanks for help <3

2. Thibault-Potier

Thibault-Potier

Nevermind, i find out.

Interface is an abstract class.
    implements is used when you are derivating an interface.
    extend is used when derivating a simple class.

3. passerbycmc

passerbycmc

Well interface is used to defining a new interface. Extends is if you are inheriting from a class and implements is when you are on implemeamting the methods of a interface or a abstract class.

Also why ask questions about Java and C++ here, since Unity Dosnt support either language. StackOverFlow may be a better source of information for you.