Search Unity

Graphics [HDRP-UPR ✅] Sky Master ULTIMATE-Physical skybox-Volume clouds-Weather FX-Ocean-Realtime GI-Mobile

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by nasos_333, Nov 1, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.3e: new Gradient coloration system

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.4 - 3.5: new Gradient coloration system, with Volume shader clouds and FFT ocean & shader
    UPDATE:

The new gradient coloration system is now in place, and I will create the Inspector controls for the new variables. Another thing that remains is the integration to the latitude/longitude system, which is a bit tricky as the mapping of the gradient corresponds to a nominal day coloration and this has to be translated to sun angle space to cover for the lat/long variation in sun positioning.

After these are done and more testing the system will be ready for release, plus i am developing this alongside the new FFT waves and shader and the new Volumetric Shader clouds, thus both these systems will be gradient coloration ready and also their release will follow soon after v3.3d in succession (v3.4 for clouds and v3.5 for water so i can optimize as much as possible)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2016
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Volumetric Clouds
    for v3.4 & FFT Water & shading for v3.5 WIP

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Volumetric Clouds
    for v3.4 & FFT Water & shading for v3.5 - WIP.

Adjusting the dusk coloration and tweaking for best dusk settings.

erichkr and red2blue like this.
  4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Early WIP on the new volume lighting system for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.6

The new volume shader clouds, FFT ocean and volume lighting system will be worked in parallel for best adaptation and combination in the final system and for blending best with the upcoming in v3.3e gradient coloration system.

erichkr and red2blue like this.
  5. nasos_333

nasos_333

Another addition for v3.3e

- Time zone definition for the lat/lon system, so the current_time variable corresponds to the actual day time in the shifted from 0 time zone regions.

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The final step to the new gradient based coloration scheme is now done, adapting it perfectly for the latidute/longitude system, so the gradient will be followed correctly for all regions.

The current WIP is the Inspector/confgurator integration and the release will follow soon after.

red2blue likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few pics from the v3.3e new Gradient coloration system

red2blue likes this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

The integration of the new Gradient based sky coloration scheme with the Inspector is now done and is being tweaked. A sample gradient will be available as start point (enabled with button press in the configurator).

Also i have grouped better all configurator variables and tweaked the inspector look, for easier preview and access to the various options.

erichkr and moure like this.
  9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Added a few more tweakable parameters for the new Gradient & curve based sky (and fog-cloud-water-ambient etc) coloration scheme.

Also other enhancements include water shader changes preview in editor, multiple new configurator options (reflection strength and controls, fog power, ambient controls, performance controls, new grouping of items etc)

erichkr likes this.
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few pics from my current WIP and tweaking

red2blue likes this.
  11. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few pics while tweaking the upcoming FFT ocean, volume clouds & gradient coloration systems together

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

It has come to my attention that the SpeedTree link for the snow shader for SkyMaster was not enabled in the first page of the official thread (linked though the congfigurator). I have now added the link back and can be directly downloaded from the front page (http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/v3...ds-weather-extreme-performance-mobile.280612/).

Also linked below:

Speed Tree shaders download: The shaders must replace the ones in the leaf material of SpeedTree trees and then will be ready to gradually receieve snow in Snow Storm weather. Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/79230236/CUSTOM/SpeedTree_SM3.unitypackage

red2blue likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few pics from the current WIP

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Dusk with the new Gradient coloration system

Lohrion likes this.
  15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Full volume lighting (v3.6), tests on full Sky Master suit & demo

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Pics from the WIP with gradient based coloration and the new volumetric shader clouds.

Since the clouds are in a very advanced development state and the controller is nearly done, i think of bringing forth directly v3.4 in the next update, than split to v3.3e (gradient coloration) and then v3.4 (volume clouds).

Also i may hold a beta test phase for the system, to further perfect it. More on these will be decided as i move ahead and finalize the clouds in parallel with the gradient system and see if i can get everything fully polished for a joint release.

Lohrion likes this.
  17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video (WIP) from the integration of the new volume clouds and volume lighting, shows how sun beams follow the areas where the sun light passes through the clouds and shadows occlude sun light. Sun beam coloration based on TOD is not yet in in the video (the beam color will shift according to the time of day coloration in the final version).

red2blue, Lohrion and moure like this.
  18. nasos_333

nasos_333

One more Video (WIP) from the integration of the new volume clouds and volume lighting, shows how sun beams follow the areas where the sun light passes through the clouds and shadows occlude sun light.

Sun beam coloration and cloud colors based on TOD is not yet in the video (TOD cloud coloration can be seen in the pics posted two posts above)

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE Volumetric gradient fog in use with the new optimized distant 3D forest system of InfiniGRASS

The distant forests react properly to volumetric fog, lighting and shadowing.

A seasonal and weather exchange infromation and automatic style change on the fly is planned for the case both systems are in a project

Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
    red2blue likes this.
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

A small taste of what is coming in v3.4. Full gradient coloration & curve based control system, volumetric clouds with light scattering and time of day controller are a few of the upcoming enhancements.

The FFT ocean and full volume lighting model will also arrive soon after v3.4 as are both ready and working and require optimization and completion of integration to the system.

21. elbows

elbows

With the volumetric clouds & fog you are starting to get me very interested in this asset.

A couple of questions:

Do you have a rough idea of when that stuff may be available?

The total height of the volumetric clouds doesn't seem that large in your demo videos, is it possible to increase the vertical size of these clouds?

22. elbows

elbows

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

About the clouds and the new gradient based coloration system, these will be submitted later next week and on the store about a week after that.

The clouds are made of domes or quads and you can stack them higher (but not to full vertical formation as that would require many quads), plus i have various ways to make them look thicker both in shader and scene placement, also an arrangment to have emergent clouds from behind mountains etc

I will post more videos with these soon for reference. The latest video shows the most flat cloud bed style, so this can get a lot thicker if needed.

My volume lighting system is based on Blacksmith system, i have not played with the one in the link so i cannot compare, but will have about same functionality (light scatter, volume shafts from any sun angle and wind noise modulation, the last one is still WIP and i am considering of giving some extra volumetric calculations with the noise for extra volume, these will be done after first release though)

24. nasos_333

nasos_333

One more note on this, the system i will be using is DX9 compatible and does not require DX11 like the linked system, the goal is always to have best compatibility first as a general purpose tool. I will see if i can fit more features in a DX11 mode, but this will come as option

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Integration with volume sun lighting

26. red2blue

red2blue

this looks really nice. Looking forward to this stuff!!!

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

This is also a base WIP, i am now working more on the texturing to make it look even more relaistic (with less hard edges that will better simulate how real leaves would look at distance for example).

Also this shader will be comatible with Sky Master seasons for color and snow changes and i am evaluating what else could go in to look even better based on weather type etc

28. elbows

elbows

Thanks for answering my questions. I'll keep my eyes on the threads for further developments :)

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

np :)

I am now working on bringing the new clouds and volume lighting as soon as possible and i will focus on the FFT ocean next (so v3.4 will have both clouds and sun volume lighting and v3.5 will be about water, then next versions will cover full volume effects like extended volumetric fog with wind modulation & local point lights)

30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tweaking the volume clouds and lighting systems

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

More cloud formation styles, WIP on higher thickness clouds

red2blue and elbows like this.
  32. Murgilod

Murgilod

So I have an odd question.

I'm very interested in Sky Master, but I was wondering, is it possible to rewind/advance the cloud positions to a specific time? I know it's possible to do this with some trickery using shuriken but I'm not totally sure how Sky Master works.

Here's a video that gives a rough outline of how I'm handling time progression in my game.

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

The volume particle clouds use the Legacy particle system, so if there is a way to turn back particles in time on this, then should work with the particles. I keep them alive at all times, so should also be adjusted for that.

Another way would be to turn wind the opposite way and then should also feel like going back in time. Also since you have complete control over the particles at a given time, it might be possible to create a position keeping system to turn back motion for a few seconds etc, but i am not sure how efficient this would be.

I will also check the new shader based volume clouds, these can be made to seem to go back in time again using the wind modulation the opposite direction, so maybe these can also be used in such a scheme.

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on a 3rd option (single quad) for the new volume shader clouds

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

36. elbows

elbows

I think you probably need to get the shape of the clouds to evolve slightly as they move in the sky or it looks a bit weird to the human mind!

nasos_333 likes this.
  37. nasos_333

nasos_333

The cloud evolution is an option defined by regulating the cloud layers speeds, i use steady state for the coloration tweaking so far, here is a sample with evolution regulation

elbows likes this.
  38. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

I am getting an error when I add sky. its just continous.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Artngame.SKYMASTER.SkyMasterManager.Update () (at Assets/SkyMaster/Scripts/V1.0 Scripts/SkyMasterManager.cs:2786)

39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is there a Main camera in the scene ? I will check the code line and get back with other possible issues as well.

Which Unity and Sky Master versions are used ?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
  40. nasos_333

nasos_333

I checked and is indeed Main camera related, it cannot find a main camera in the scene, which produces an error when tyring to cache the camera for later use in the update(). Please add a Main camera (or tag as main an existing camera) and see if the issue is resolved.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

More in volumetric cloud styling WIP, the system will have at least 3 different modules at release, for various performances and cloud styles (dome, multi and single quad volume types, for perfect regulation of performance based on target platforms).

red2blue likes this.
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volume clouds and lighting WIP (v3.4)

43. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

yes there is a camera in the scene within a 1st person controller. I am using 5.3.4 p3

44. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

Ill give that a go and let you know.

45. sgtkoolaid

sgtkoolaid

worked like a charm :)

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

Great :). Let me know for any further issues and questions.

I am now hard at work at v3.4 that will bring new volume cloud and lighting options and a much more streamlined and refined configurator and a new gradient based coloration system for easier access to sky coloration (besides the coded presets of previous versions) and adaptation of all systems to sky and cloud gradients for perfect matching of colors all around (clouds, ambient, water, fog etc)

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volume clouds & lighting WIP

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volume clouds & lighting WIP (v3.4)

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volume clouds & lighting WIP (v3.4)

Performance with all effects turned on after latest optimizations. Volumetric clouds with wind, shadows and cloud evolution, volumetric sun lighting with sun shafts from any sun angle and atmospheric shadows (new in v3.4) & full reflections on water.

The new in v3.4 gradient & curve based coloration and effects control system is also in full effect.

50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Final touches in the new cloud system weather effects and control of coverage and other variables by weather type.

Also light scattering in clouds tweaking (last row pics)