Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Graphics [HDRP-UPR ✅] Sky Master ULTIMATE-Physical skybox-Volume clouds-Weather FX-Ocean-Realtime GI-Mobile

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by nasos_333, Nov 1, 2014.

1. nasos_333

nasos_333

Many thanks :). I am getting closer to the release, it was (and still is) a crazy amount of stuff to tweak and add, but is now fully controllable and all integration is done and i am mainly doing the final steps to ensure the better ease of use and have many weather and volume cloud options.

I will also try to replace some of the older particle systems, to see if this fixes the strange errors issue. I got that a lot in my RPG as well when i moved to Unity 5, mostly from Unity 4 particles, so it might be a conversion thing from Unity 4 to 5, but as you said there is still no definite answer to these internal Unity errors.

I post some pics i created for my RPG, while tweaking/discovering the ideal settings for a river for Sky Master 3.0, the water is a true marvel to look at now :)

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  2. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

All clouds have now been defined and most weather patterns are in, a few more tweaks and tests, plus some more controls in the configurator and the system will be ready for the first beta very soon.

WIP video on Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  3. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offer on Sky Master ULTIMATE purshase, a free voucher for Toon Effects Maker ($50 worth) will be granted for every new purshase this week, until vouchers last

3/3 Toon Effects Maker vouchers left

Toon Effects Maker provides an easy way to put together spectacular special FX, has a toon ocean module and a very large library with ready to use effects and scenes. The tools support selective particle reconfiguration based on other particles, sprite sheet creation from any animaton including particles and much more.

TEM is an ideal companion for both Sky Master ULTIMATE and Particle Dynamic Magic assets.

4. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 configurator WIP

One step closer to beta release, all weather tweaking is now done and snow, rain, clouds have a smooth transition and synchronization, plus the desired look all times of day. Some extra optiomizations have also gone in and i am now adding the water presets.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2015
  5. Mad_Mark

Mad_Mark

OMG, I am loving the water streaming on the camera effect. Can that be applied to windows rather than to the view camera? That would be so juicy. Starts raining, and you see the streaks and drops, the splashes on the pavement, then the rain starts streaming down the glass windows. MAN! That would look so immersive.

Mark

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

I have made the effect modular, it is a plane in front of the camera, so this plane can be copied and applied anywhere needed, so windows is definitly in :). I may need to add a global controller to start/stop the effect though for windows, as my controller is for the camera currently and the effect may require different handling for windows.

Also this is not just drops, it can do inwards and outwards freezing effect, so that would also look very cool on windows. I will definitly do a global controller, if not for v3.0 will definitly come in v3.1

7. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

The system to synchronize all fogs and water (underwater) fog is proven to be a bit tricky, so this may create a small delay in the beta, i am working fully to perfect that aspect for complete automation and smoothest transitions, so the pack can be perfect in that regard.

I will post more as this is finilized and pics/videos to show the final version.

Lohrion likes this.
  8. nasos_333

nasos_333

Rain on windows, snow fog and some more tweaks on the Caribbean ocean preset.

I am also uploading a video with the window rain, to show the motion and will post as soon as it is live on Vimeo

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

Rain drops on window - video

10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Freeze effect (top right) and rain drops at day and night

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

Rain drops on ocean

12. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Basic height calculations for the ocean are now finalized, so in the next version (v3.1), there will be a full buoyancy system for the ocean !!!

Also note that the ocean is fully shader based, for maximum speed. There is no direct mesh manipulation that can be extremely slow comparing to the shader based method.

It was hard getting the height and converting the calculations, but i think is totally worth it.

Ocean preset video for Sky Master 3.0 water:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Ocean view

14. nasos_333

nasos_333

Underwater, glass and InfiniGRASS (with gradual snow growth based on Sky Master weather)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Nearly finished with the Ocean preset

Simple water height and wave follow (no buoyancy or rotation added yet). The displacement follows the complete model and is also emulating the latency in x-z axis.

Short video:

Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE will be at a discounted price ($80) until v3.0 release.
    The new price should be up at the store soon.
    Enjoy :)

Also a free voucher for InfiniGRASS is granted for the next two Sky Master ULTIMATE purshases.

2/2 vouchers left

17. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last Ocean preset for v3.0. Many more will come in v3.1.

Also a free voucher for InfiniGRASS is granted for the next two Sky Master ULTIMATE purshases.

2/2 vouchers left

18. nasos_333

nasos_333

Final Ocean preset (Purple Dusk)

Weather with volumetric fog & clouds, snowstorm with gradual snow growth

2/2 vouchers left.

19. nasos_333

nasos_333

Underwater Refraction

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  20. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 WIP

Floating boat in the new ocean system. This is a fast test of the height calculator for the GPU based water, a complete buoyancy system will follow in v3.1 of Sky Master.

Sky Master ULTIMATE is now discounted to $80 until v3.0 release !!!, for a more indie friendly pricing until the behemoth v3.0 update releases, adding the new Ocean-Water, Snow, Volume Weather systems, the Configurator for ease of use and much more.

21. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I have now played with two buoyancy versions, one faking it and one more precise. The system will come in v3.1 to do it justice, but should be easy now to do as i have both working great in my PANDORA 2D water system.

The InfiniGRASS offer is now over, all vouchers have been granted.

22. nasos_333

nasos_333

A clarification about the new Ocean system.

This module will be a free bonus for Sky Master ULTIMATE and will be included in v3.0

If it eventually gets its own pack, all updates will be available to both Sky Master ULTIMATE and standalone versions.

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

"PoseidOn" Ocean system - volumetric clouds and volumetric fog (plus Unity fog)

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  24. nasos_333

nasos_333

Volumetric Rain and Snow storms, true volumetric illumination from lightning

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 Configurator,
    Real time Controls and Sky, Cloud, Water Library

UPDATE:

The final controls are now in and the overall system can be customized in various ways from the inspector, for direct mood manipulation.

Only thing missing is the icons in the water presets selection, for visual reference (and perhaps another control for the speed of gradual snow growth)

I will be testing the system today and tomorrow and the beta should be released this weekend.

25. nasos_333

nasos_333

Water WIP

26. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video of the one draw call True Volumetric Clouds and sun - fog interaction.

Refratcted caustics on white cubes underwater - high intensity, all parameters are adjustable

27. nasos_333

nasos_333

Final test and tweaks before v3.0 beta release

True volumetric clouds - Ocean - Shafts

28. IanStanbridge

IanStanbridge

This is looking super nice. Looking forward to the beta

29. nasos_333

nasos_333

Thanks Ian :)

i hope i will have the beta very soon, I am doing the final tweaks and additions to be as perfect and feature full as possible and will release early this week.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  30. nasos_333

nasos_333

Final water inspector, all v3.0 presets defined with preview (over and underwater).

Many more presets will follow in v3.x cycle, covering any extra features after this initial release.

31. nasos_333

nasos_333

Special FX section

Special FX and particle scaling section.

32. nasos_333

nasos_333

Foliage section

The foliage section provides information on the various modules that enable snow growth on the different types of objects. The Unity terrain foliage will be handled by extracting a included unitypackage that will replace Unity's shaders. These can be erased or altered if they create any conflict.

I decided not to readilly have them replace Unity's, as it is impossible to test that these will work in all configurations, as other assets may do the same replacement and there might be a conflict, so i will have them as optional insertion to the project.

The SpeedTree shader will be available in the Sky Master forum thread here for download, as i am not sure whether i can distribute it with the pack, in unitypackage format that will play them shaders in the right SKy Master folder. The shader may replace the leaves shader in SpeedTree trees and enables snow growth controled by Sky Master weather.

The rest of types, like Unity terrain, meshes etc are directly snowable, by applying the included mesh and Unity terrain varieties of snow shaders, which can be done through the configurator as well. There are two varieties for meshes, one SM2.0 for compatibility with just snow and another (SM3.0) that also has mud puddles and running water emulation.

InfiniGRASS is supported directly, without any modification for transparent grass, the vertex grass will also be supported in the next InfiniGRASS update. The windzone created in Sky Master must be inserted in the Grass Manager so the grass may receieve the same wind direction and turbulence as the Sky Master controlled items.

33. nasos_333

nasos_333

Dusk and some of the volume cloud options

34. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 beta is now ready to go !!!!

I am writing a small manual for the starting up and i will upload to dropbox later today or tomorrow.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 Beta is now ready for download !!!

All Sky Master ULTIMATE users can participate in the beta, please let me know with a PM and the Sky Master invoice and i will send a link to the v3.0 beta asap.

37. Baraff

Baraff

Hi @nasos_333 Tons of cool images there.

Can you tell me whether this package is capable of creating a good looking beach with shore break waves and soft foam. I can't quite see from the images shown. Do you have an image example of a sandy beach.

38. nasos_333

nasos_333

Video (no foam):

Hi,

There is foam and transparency control based on depth, i post some pics and a video showing the interface to ground. I dont have a wave breaking feature, but i can see if i can add one in next versions.

There is also a lot more to come on the Ocean side, like a full bouyancy system, a LOD system for the tiles, more surface creation options, evaluation of FFT waves to see if they make sense performance wise (the current waves will always be kept as an option, as they are very fast) and much more.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2015
  39. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi everyone

The Beta for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 is ready for download. Also there has been a first hotfix uploaded.

Please let me know with a PM if you would like to participate in the beta (open to all sky Master users)

40. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

v3.0.1 BETA hotfix fixes an issue with the terrain setup.

v3.0.2 BETA will add a new control for getting a perfect dark night (now coloration is set to 0.1f, the new control will shift this preset at will to get a pitch dark night or brighter one if required)

Also i will add some notes on the required tags (Flammable, Flamer) that are needed by the more advanced FX, like particle and decal effects. The tags are not required, but if they are not used the equivalent system need to be removed from Sky Master Manager so they dont produce the missing tag error.

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

Tests of strong and subtle volumetric fog and sun shafts in Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0, with infiniGRASS for foliage.

All grass was painted in play mode and was grown back in the editor with the new in v1.4 module to grab play mode grass for editing and saving in the scene.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  42. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniTREE 2 (early WIP) and InfiniGRASS with Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

A few extra notes on the v3.0 beta

- There are two skybox shader options, one is SM2.0 for compatibility (the base) and a two sun version that is SM3.0 and will do correct atmospheric scattering to the 2ond sun as well.

- The moon shader allows phases to be emulated, the phase shift can be seen by setting the day cycle speed very high to pass the days faster

- The volumetric clouds are always one draw call, the changes to shading are made through the new shaders and no extra draw calls are introduced.

- Some volumetric cloud aspects are still WIP, like the decoupling of motion from the performance gain system (spread to frames and update every x seconds) and the LOD system (it works, but the distances and method are beeing tweaked)

44. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

I have been working on the shore line effects and i have a way to grab the map depth now, so i will start the adjustements and implementation to affect the vertex shader based on the map, for smooth shore lines.

I am also open to more suggestions and ideas about how this could be done in other ways. I have one more idea how this could be calculated on the fly, which is a bit more expensive and i will work on that a bit too to see if the depth map can be avoided.

45. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

v3.0.2 BETA hotfix is being tested and will be released soon for download. It will allow the control of sky brigness for perfect pitch black nights and reflections control on water, plus few minor extra enchancements.

46. nasos_333

nasos_333

UPDATE:

A new demo with a pre-made scene is in the making and will be included in the next hotfix (v3.0.2), to use as reference for the possibilities of the configurator.

The Beta for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 is ready for download.

Please let me know with a PM if you would like to participate in the beta (open to all sky Master users)

47. nasos_333

nasos_333

InfiniGRASS and Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 combine for creation of gradual snow growth and melting in next gen grass and ground. The terrain shader can emulate wetness after the snow is melted.

Sky Master ULTIMATE is discounted to $80 until v3.0 release, for a more indie friendly pricing until the behemoth v3.0 update releases, adding the new Ocean, Snow, Volume Weather systems, the Configurator for ease of use and much more.

The Beta for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 is available for download for all users of the pack. Please post here or send a PM if you would like to participate in the beta.

48. nasos_333

nasos_333

Sky Master ULTIMATE is discounted to $80 until v3.0 release, for a more indie friendly pricing until the behemoth v3.0 update releases, adding the new Ocean, Snow, Volume Weather systems, the Configurator for ease of use and much more.

The Beta for Sky Master ULTIMATE v3.0 is available for download for all users of the pack. Please post here or send a PM if you would like to participate in the beta.

49. nasos_333

nasos_333

New offer for the end of the month !!!

Buy Sky Master ULTIMATE, try the beta and write a nice review that takes the beta into account and have a chance to win an InfiniGRASS or Advanced FX Creator voucher.

There will be one winner of a voucher for InfiniGRASS and one for Advanced FX Creator and up to 3 more entries will get InfiniGRASS on download link.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2015
  50. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some tests with GAIA and cloud coloration