Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Skater Dash - 2D endless runner - iOS

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by DennisJensen, Nov 17, 2014.

1. DennisJensen

DennisJensen

Hi guys,

We have developed the game SKATER DASH and have just released the game. Choose your skater, Dante or Dina. Collect coins and weapons such as yoyos and spray cans. Unlock and upgrade weapons to become a better skater. We hope you will enjoy the casual endless runner game and appreciate our stylized pixel art with different landscapes and groovy music.

We have partnered with Hojio, which enable players to challenge each other in an online PvP mode for real money. You can compete against peers for the best score and win €1 or €5.

The gameplay also offers a single player mode for you to practice before challenging your peers. This mode is available for all ages.

We would love to get any feedback in order to improve the gaming experience.

NO Ads
    NO Pay-To-Win
    NO Pay-For-In-Game-Items
    NO Pay-to-Play (Pay-To-Skip-Waiting)
    Just a genuine free game without all the bull****!

Features:
    - Online Multiplayer mode (PvP real money challenge mode)
    - Single Player mode (for all ages)
    - Share replays with your friends
    - Achievements & leaderboards on Game Center
    - Runner with easy tap controls
    - DASH the cops
    - JUMP over obstacles
    - COLLECT coins
    - Pick up energy shields
    - Multiply your coins, by dashing cops in a row
    - Unlock and upgrade weapons
    - Skate through 3 different worlds

Rodolfo-Rubens likes this.
  2. DennisJensen

DennisJensen

Skater Dash is about giving a positive game experience meaning the game will never include any ads, payment walls, and pay-to-win. As professional game developers ourselves we take a risk but we believe it’s time to take a stand towards the current monetisation trends within free-to-play games and show users must be in focus and hence listen to them.

I would like to encourage everybody to support our campaign #PositiveGameExperience (link) and encourage our fellow game developers to think out the box and try to use more engaging monetisation tactics that users will embrace.

Link:

https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/19672-positivegameexperience

3. TheRaider

TheRaider

So what is your model for making money?

4. raiden

raiden

Good point TheRaider, I love games, and enjoy building them, but my company only has potential to grow if I can monetize and earn money in my apps. Also, game developing is hard work, why would anyone want to not try and reward themselves for all they work they do?

(just my 2 cents :) )

-Raiden

5. prizemonsters

prizemonsters

They most likely monetize by shared revenue from the real money head to head online tournaments that they offer. This is a very new monetization model that enables developers to move away from ad based models, payment walls, etc. We are also a new very early startup that is also going to be offering this type of monetization service that will compliment traditional monetization models already integrated.

This type of monetization model can generate really good revenue, especially if you have a very competitive game.

6. DennisJensen

DennisJensen

Hi guys,

Sorry for this late reply.

yeah we have a fee on the versus mode where we get a small procentage. It was something we wanted to try out because we didn't have a lot of different stuff in the game. And we could get rid of ads etc. that would make a better experience for the gamer. However we are still trying to get enough player for the versus mode to even be relevant.

We updated the game !!!

Awesome right :) We fixed a lot of bugs, also around the versus mode.

Cheers
    /Dennis