Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Single-Pass Stereo Rendering and Image Effects Question

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by Radius, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Radius

Radius

Hey, so I'm doing some optimizations for my VR game and single-pass stereo rendering is great! Really great! However I need to rely on some image effects that I had previously setup on the Steam VR camera. Currently using any of these will break the camera in strange ways.
    I could probably get away with not using some of them, but Global fog is a big one that I can't be without. Others I am using are, Amplify color, HBAO, Bloom Optimized.
    My question is can I proceed with single-pass stereo rendering and no image effects knowing that at some stage in the future image effects will be supported? or some other solution with be available? I'm still many months away from completion.
    Thank you.

2. fffMalzbier

fffMalzbier

Unity developers said that once 5.4 is out they would start work on getting the image effects fit for single-pass stereo rendering, but it hard to say when they will be done with it.
    Asset from the assetstore are mostly depended on if the developer will fix them.

Radius likes this.
  3. Radius

Radius

Hi fffMalzbier, thank you for the information, good to know that they are on the way.