Search Unity

Simple Town, Military, People, Zombies, Cars, Building and more ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by syntystudios, Feb 12, 2015.

?

What pack would you like next?

Poll closed Jul 8, 2015.
  1. Simple Farm

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. Simple Airport

23 vote(s)
    46.9%
  3. Simple Harbour

10 vote(s)
    20.4%
  4. Simple Racer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  5. Simple Industrial

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  6. Simple Suburbs

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  7. Simple Rails

8 vote(s)
    16.3%
  8. Simple Construction

4 vote(s)
    8.2%
  9. Simple Roads

5 vote(s)
    10.2%
  10. Simple Characters

7 vote(s)
    14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. phil-harvey

phil-harvey

What is the expected date of release for both Apocalypse and farm or too early to say?

2. syntystudios

syntystudios

We will post images and submit Simple Farm at the end of the week :)

As we have just taken on a 3rd artist we are bringing him up to speed on everything simple (vehicles, buildings, characters) so it is hard to say when Simple Apocalypse will be out.

UnleadedGames likes this.
  3. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Does Farm contain a DOG and a HORSE? I really need them

4. Alima-Studios

Alima-Studios

Hi

Do the assets include collision mesh ?

Thanks

5. pixxelbob

pixxelbob

@syntystudios Looking forward to seeing Simple Farm.

On a separate point. I'm also using Simple Sky which compliments all your other assets well.
    The only problem is it's using a mesh rather than a proper unity skybox material. So I can seem to get it working for GI ambient.
    Would it be possible to make a proper skybox material from it for U5?

Thanks

6. syntystudios

syntystudios

Devision4 - Simple Farm will have a Chicken and a pig. Simple Animals will come in the future with a ton more :)
    Alima Studios - Nope, it's easy to add and not everyone wants it so we haven't added collisions.
    pixxelbob - Will have to do some research into Skybox materials as we haven't used them before.

7. Bones.303

Bones.303

Would it be possible in the military pack to add animations to move the arms up and down while aiming (like the head and body vertical parameters)?

Also with the Apocolypse packs, the teaser picture you released looks like there might be melee type animations, will these be included in this pack?

8. syntystudios

syntystudios

Bones.303 - Arms up and down would be a good addition (will try to add it when we do new animations for Apocalypse)

9. wilxr

wilxr

You're planning to add curves to simple town? and perhaps some tunnel ?

syntystudios likes this.
  10. TheCell

TheCell

For the Free pack, do you intend to add 1 character animated? It seems to have a bit of everything, except a character. I'd like to test some idea out with a character before investing in a character pack.

orchard800 and syntystudios like this.
  11. syntystudios

syntystudios

wilxr - We have been thinking about how to make Simple rail without curves... not sure it's possible so yes there will be curves.

TheCell - We don't intend to add a character at this point.

12. FyreDogStudios

FyreDogStudios

I think curves would be okay, you have assets that are ideal for a racing game other than the roads. Curved modular roads could be a big seller.

orchard800 and syntystudios like this.
  13. Serepa

Serepa

Would be AWESOME if you'll fix the rig of your characters in Apocalypse that it will be usable with another animation not only with your. But now maybe it's to big deal for you because already lots of assets with this pretty ugly sceleton... so I don't believe you'll do it, but you could at least remove all this weird bone rotations.

P.S.: Ow, ow... and I hope you'll add the holster model and holster/unholster animation.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
    orchard800 likes this.
  14. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Yes, I really recommend that you overwork the Skeleton of the Characters. They should be compatible to standard humanoid animations.

orchard800 likes this.
  15. Serepa

Serepa

Yeah, and it will be great if you'll add at least some melee combat animation in Apocalypse, like hits with knife and crowbar. But it would be much better if you'll just provide a good rig and let us use any external animation without such pain in the ass. Also it will be INCREDIBLE AWESOME if someday buildings become walkable inside.

16. syntystudios

syntystudios

Last time we checked, humanoid animation worked fine, can you give us an example animation from the asset store that doesn't work? The hip rotation is on our to fix list as well as adding ragdoll.

17. Serepa

Serepa

Most of the problems with hand animation. But I've noticed that not always, with some animations it works ok. Top 2 pictures is Mixamo's animation currently unavailable from asset store. Bottom is from Kubold's pistol and rifle animsets.

Attached Files:

18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Yes, Hand/Arm Coordination and Head is crazy on with other animations.

19. gamedevassets-sean

gamedevassets-sean

Hi @syntystudios

I've just bought your Simple People asset pack, and would like to chime in to request ragdoll support please :)

Thanks!

20. syntystudios

syntystudios

Serepa - Thanks for the example. Shoganator, Devision4 We will look at fixing this when we work on Simple Apocalypse ... lets hope it isn't as much work as we think it will be :S

orchard800 likes this.
  21. syntystudios

syntystudios

SIMPLE FARM - SUBMITTED

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    im, orchard800, Maxxamillion and 5 others like this.
  22. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Looks great!

syntystudios likes this.
  23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Which 3d Software do you use?

24. syntystudios

syntystudios

Maya

pushingpandas likes this.
  25. syntystudios

syntystudios

26. UnleadedGames

UnleadedGames

Any chance for a couple of intersection dirt road pieces for the Farm pack?

27. syntystudios

syntystudios

Should be easy to add once the pack is out :) also connect it to Simple town roads etc

Also we forgot to add a scarecrow (we will add this too)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    UnleadedGames likes this.
  28. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

please add a dog!!!!! please please please!!!!!

29. syntystudios

syntystudios

We will have a dog in Simple Animals, we had intended to have a pig and chicken in farm but we wanted more time to spend on them. We also started a horse :)

FyreDogStudios and pushingpandas like this.
  30. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I know you have many on your roadmap. But I think a INTERIOR for the AIRPORT would be awesome. The map is sooo huge and great and would benefit a addon with interiors. Also do you plan to release more Zombies? We need more with more zombie-like animations.

31. iTsMeOlee

iTsMeOlee

Okay this is beyond ridiculous now! I really love your assets and I am TRYING to use them for a project. I am using your Simple Military pack and I have read your 'ReadMe' notes that says to change the int value to change the weapon, but that still doesn't make the process of how you have done this any easier. I am trying to make sense of how you handle the animations and every time I think I understand what is happening, I go and try to add a new character to my scene with a different weapon provided by you - and it doesn't work! The animations that I want to play don't, and the weapon joints aren't attached to the character meaning they aren't animating at all! I am obviously being an idiot here but it's just frustrating. I am hardly new to Unity, just new to the Animator. Can you please give me 5 mins explaining how I would add a character (in the pack), along with a certain weapon (in the pack), and decide which animation are meant to be played. For anyone out there that will just link me to the Unity documentation for the Animator, please don't bother as I have looked at everything and still can't make sense of how this pack works. I just find it ironic how the name of the packs has the word 'Simple' in and I can't even work out how to use it. Please reply, and this isn't hate, just a guy who is frustrated from spending 3-4 hours trying to figure it out.

32. syntystudios

syntystudios

Devision4 - More zombie yes, airport interiors, we will see.

ScripterToBe - (I'll do this as I type so I don't miss anything)
    - First of all, make sure you have the lastest version.
    - Drag a character prefab into the scene
    - Select the "SimpleMilitary_Characters" root gameobject
    - In the animator window set the WeaponType_int to 4 (Shotgun)
    - Select the weapon geo to show where the weapons are located in the rig (or see the readme.txt)
    - Activate the shotgun and Disable the pistol
    - Hit play and they should look like this (provided your speed is at 0)

Let us know if you can't get to this point

33. iTsMeOlee

iTsMeOlee

EDIT: I am an idiot, it is working, I just needed to change one thing, all sorted, thanks a lot guys!

Okay first of all thank you so much for the fast reply! Secondly, apologies for not seeing how simple this really is. Okay so I did everything and the character does not turn out like the image you posted, it is playing the rifle_idle, not the shotgun_idle, I tried setting the int value to 4 for the shotgun, but it started playing the shoot animation, that is obviously because the shoot bool value is set to true, so i set it to false and it didn't make any difference. One thing I do not know how to fix however is when the character starts its idle animation, the weapon doesn't move realisticly with it, almost as if it isn't attached to the character gameobject. This seems apparent in your demo scene, the two RPG characters are not in sync with the RPG objects. The speed is set to 0.0f as well.

syntystudios likes this.
  34. Serepa

Serepa

Hey, what about separate the RPG body with RPG rocket that it could be fireable? I really love your assets and I wish I could join you guys to make it even better but unfortunatelly I'm not an artist but coder. So I think it would be very nice if you'll prepare your packs more carefully and ATTENTIVELY because I find some flaws in almost every your asset. Like some skipped models or textures or prefabs... I mean things like two prefabs for the same model and no one for another. Like couple unused textures because someone just forget to make prefab with this textures... It's not big deal, but just very annoing and dissapointing sometimes.

UPDATE:
    Ahhhh, and what happened with fire effect and whole SimpleMilitary demo scene? It's F***ed up! I don't care about demo scene, but your lovely fire now is just white. And if I were religious I would beg God that you'll add interiors to ALL of your buildings, not only from airport pack. And I agreed that it would be nice to have models with already prepeared primitive colliders.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  35. pixxelbob

pixxelbob

Farm looking lovely, great job.
    I agree with @UnleadedGames, it needs a few more dirt road options to be 100% useful along with joinings to the Simple Town roads.
    One question? Maybe it's just my eyes but is the lighting different to your other packs? Obviously we can't get this yet so I can check, assuming it's waiting review, I want to know if will fit seamlessly with Simple Town aesthetically?

36. mroyusa

mroyusa

Does anyone know how to make a script/code for weapons to fire a bullet or rocket or anything else. I added the simplemilitary_fps prefab but i see the ends of the arms like its not connected to a character when tilting head down, How to fire the pistol so it looks like its firing. I am not a coder and need help with code for charater for synty characters. I am sure someone has already done all this. I can paypal some money to anyone that helps me out with some script or code to animate synty characters.

http://imgur.com/a/yNfWE

37. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

go purchase UFPS in assetstore and switch models. easiest way.

38. syntystudios

syntystudios

Serepa - We will be looking at a bunch of these today, Thanks for pointing some of them out :)
    pixxelbob - Simple Farm fits aesthetically with all our other packs

39. iTsMeOlee

iTsMeOlee

Hi again, okay so it is all going well so far! I do have one question though, I'm doing the movement mechanics now and I'm trying to play the idle, walk or run animation depending on the certain key presses I am doing. I understand that by changing the Speed_f value - the character begins to idle, walk or run, however the model also moves forward which isn't what I want. How would I go about playing specifically the run animation when I hold down Left Shift and W? I attached the 'Run' animation to the Animation Component which I attached to the Character gameobject, however it says the Default clip could not be found or something along those lines :( - please help me - essentially I am trying trying to play specific animations which do not effect say the position of the model. Thanks!

40. phil-harvey

phil-harvey

Working with the Simple World, Simple Military and other assets from this set to work on a XCom style game. Currently called Simple Tactics. Once the apocalypse pack is out, will be setting it up so that it is multiplayer teams, in coop or PvP rescuing people from the a city of zombies.

Just a demo, definitely not how movement will happen. Probably will be time based with timers to force players to make instant / quick sudden decisions.

syntystudios and Manny Calavera like this.
  41. syntystudios

syntystudios

Hi,
    If you want the character to not move you can check the static checkbox in the animator controller, this will not move the character when they walk/run.
    Hope that helps :)

orchard800 likes this.
  42. iTsMeOlee

iTsMeOlee

Hi, it seems I am having some trouble finding this static checkbox you are talking about :eek:

43. mroyusa

mroyusa

44. syntystudios

syntystudios

@ScripterToBe - It is a parameter like speed_f but it is called Static_b

45. syntystudios

syntystudios

46. phil-harvey

phil-harvey

Nice congrats, now the one I waiting on Apocolypse :)

syntystudios likes this.
  47. mroyusa

mroyusa

What comes after apocalipse?

48. mroyusa

mroyusa

What are you using for multiplayer intergration?

49. Serepa

Serepa

Hey! Maybe your rig not so bad actually. Mecanim just blends somehow animations from skipped bones (like shoulders, for example) and SOMETIMES it's give a such result like I showed erlier. I'm not an artist so I killed whole day trying to rerig your characters and find out few things: if there is NO shoulder bones (like in your rig) sometimes it results in some weird hand position, otherwise "shoulders" moves and hands flyes around the body a little bit. If there is NO additional spine(chest) bone than sometimes it results in weird hips tilt, otherwise (like in your rig) we have some problems with had and hand rotations... Aaaaahhh, it's complicated! ... but maybe only for non artists, like myself.

And also I thought: "Hey, how about Simple Kids?". Ofcourse I can just scale down every character and it'll be like a kid, but maybe you'll wanna add some children models? And also I'm VERY interested in Apocalypse! So... WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN???:)

orchard800 likes this.
  50. orchard800

orchard800

Hi Synty Studios,

Please help!

Further to previous emails, I am still having no luck trying to use 3rd party animations on your characters.

As you advised, your characters only come with run and walk forward movement animations. But this is making my purchase of the military pack pretty useless now - which is a shame because its beautiful and I can see the other packs fitting around my game :(. I'm trying to create a top-down TPS with mouse aim. However, unless my character is idle or moving forward, they're either sliding or doing the Moon Walk - which looks terrible! I simply want to use the WASD keys.

I like @Serepa ^^ and others before have spent literally weeks taking apart your mecanim controller to try and add other animations. I've even scrubbed the AC and created a 2D blend tree, but with no luck. I figure if I completely replace the animations with another pre-written AC, I'll lose things like holding and firing the weapons. My skill level hasn't reached 'layer masking' yet.

Can you (or anyone else on the forum) please give me some advice? Has anyone else experienced this? Or ideally, PLEASE add strafing and backwards movement to your ACs !! :D

Update: forgot to add, vehicles are all facing backwards on the z axis, so need to be attached to rotated empty gameobjects to drive them forwards. Fire texture still not attached to fire prefab on last update :p

Dave

Last edited: Oct 22, 2015