Search Unity

Simple suggestion on device checks

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by bac9-flcl, Feb 21, 2015.

1. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

It seems that iOS devices are only checked against provisioning profile once, then receive a cookie telling them whether they can download builds or not. That mostly works, except for one case: when you change authorized devices in the Apple Developer Center, export a new mobileprovision file and import it to Cloud Build. Despite being authorized to run the builds, new devices won't be able to download anything since Cloud Build page would rely on an old cookie issued after a check against an old provision file.

There is a workaround for it which allows you to rerun the device check, and that is to purge all Safari data. But a simple fix would be to invalidate device detection on mobileprovision change, forcing a user to do the check again to ensure that access cookie would be issued from a check against an up to date file.

Or maybe I misunderstood something and there is a way to recheck a device hidden somewhere in the site UI :)

2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the feedback! We will have a look into this issue. Do you use private mode in your browser?

3. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Thanks. No, I'm not using a private mode, otherwise I would not have been able to use the devices that were provisioned in the first .mobileprovision file at the moment of first check. Device check properly persists, it's just that it's performed only once on first visit, not on every .mobileprovision file change.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  4. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Please go to https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/device/ with your effected devices. This should re-detect the device UDID.
    Please be advised that you also need to make a new build after uploading the new mobileprovision file to UCB! Please let us know if it works!

Otto_Oliveira likes this.
  5. bac9-flcl

bac9-flcl

Seems to work, thanks!

P.S.: I'm aware of the need to create a new build after uploading a new mobileprovision file and created the thread after confirming it with a fresh build, but yeah, it never hurts to recheck.

David-Berger likes this.
  6. ottolb

ottolb

Thanks @David Berger, it worked for me. But I had to click on the arrow button on the left side of Install button and then click on "Reset Provisioned Device".

David-Berger likes this.
  7. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

That's the updated website the function was moved to where you discovered it. :)

ottolb likes this.
  8. GalxyzStudios

GalxyzStudios

We may be seeing an issue connected to this and its extremely frustrating. Trying to download iOS build on an iPhone 6 plus and it keeps giving the error "Your device is not provisioned for this build" Have tried resetting UDID several times but to no avail. We need testing done and this is just frustrating! Please help!

The UDID is updated on apple's website and updated provisioning profile has been installed din cloud build and builds triggered from those. One thing we have noticed it that the profile doesn't seem to install no matter how many times you try to install it, it stays at install every single time?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  9. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

10. domdev

domdev

I try to follow everything was listed but none of one fix the "Your device is not provisioned for this build" even the "install" button appeared, cause if the provisioned the "detect device" will show in the button.

same problem here :( I after pressing install in install profile, it just directed me to UCB and no confirmation if it installed or not :(

11. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Please let us know:
    • Did it work on this device before?
    • Did you factory reset the device?
    • Which iOS version are you using?
    • Is Safari in private mode?
    • Is the device set to allow to install the profile?
    • Does it work on other iOS devices?
    • What's the device?