Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Simple In-App Purchase System (SIS) - Shop solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Baroni, Aug 8, 2013.

?

Which billing plugin are you using in combination with Simple IAP System?

1. Unity IAP

171 vote(s)
    86.4%
  2. Voxel Busters

10 vote(s)
    5.1%
  3. Stans Assets

13 vote(s)
    6.6%
  4. Prime31

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Baroni

Baroni

If you ever come across this again, could you please send me a repro to info [at] rebound-games.com? Commenting out the above code won't read existing data into DBManager's cache. I'm not exactly sure how that would solve your issue.

2. Subliminalman

Subliminalman

I'm not too sure how it solved it either. There is one last thing that I'm having major difficulty with. The IAP Settings window likes to crash Unity a lot and revert it's data. The only way I am able to get it to work is if I'm in my shop scene, though that will still sometimes crash in there as well. I don't know what's going on with it.

3. Baroni

Baroni

The IAP Settings window won't open if you aren't in the shop scene, as it needs the prefab and parent information (which are bound to the ShopManager in your scene). It definitely shouldn't crash though. I haven't been able to reproduce the crash, however a few users reported it on Mac OSX and I've tried to work around it in the latest version (2.1, June 12). Does it still happen with the new version?

4. Subliminalman

Subliminalman

I'm on the latest version and I'm getting crashes very frequently. It also doesn't save my data, which is where I lost a ton of time last night re-entering for testing.

5. Baroni

Baroni

Sorry about that and thanks for letting me know. I'm thinking about changing the IAP Settings editor to remain open even if you don't have a ShopManager prefab in the scene. I'll release a hotfix tomorrow. I guess waiting for Unity to fix this crash will take considerably more time...

6. trizero

trizero

how can l get which item is selected with code?or with playmake?

7. Baroni

Baroni

You can get the dictionary of selected items by using DBManager's GetAllSelected() method: Scripting Reference. We do not provide custom PlayMaker actions for this asset.

8. Baroni

Baroni

Version 2.1.1 is now live with another workaround to hopefully prevent Unity from crashing on Mac OS. @Subliminalman please let me know if that works better.

9. HollowRockAdam

HollowRockAdam

I bought your asset yesterday and love it - and left your a glowing 5 star review yesterday =)

I do have one question however: I have the IAP working perfectly, but for some reason - after making a successful test purchase - the "sold" GUI overlay is not appearing over the item icon in my store. Also, I still have the option to purchase the IAP again. So when I click on the ".99" button after already making a successful previous transaction, the screen just turns black and the game locks up.

I have tried several things, but have yet to find a solution. Any guidance you could give me on this would be helpful. Thanks!

EDIT: After some further testing, I added a second achievement to the Google Dashboard, and linked it properly in the game via the IAP Settings window in Unity.

The second achievement worked properly, but again... the icon does not display the 'Sold' banner after making the purchase. I then try to repurchase it - and the screen goes black and the app freezes.

Any idea on what I am doing wrong? Thanks again!

EDIT #2 / UPDATE - I just tested on a different device with a different account. This time the following happens:

1) purchase was successful.
    2) the SOLD text did show up (but only after I exited the shop and re-entered the shop), however...
    3) the banner graphic under 'Sold' does not show up
    4) when the purchase completed successfully, the child object "Window - Message" did not activate, which prevents the confirmation message from showing.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks again.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2014
  10. Baroni

Baroni

Thank you very much for your review, it was a pleasure to read it :)

Do you use one of the existing shop scenes and item prefabs or have you built your own? Also which billing plugin and Unity version are you using? I think with achievements you meant in-app purchases in your first edit. Nevertheless it is very difficult for me to figure out where the issue that you've described lies in this process. Any debug logs from the device or repro steps could help. You can also send me the shop scene for further investigation, this would be the fastest way to be able to help you.

11. HollowRockAdam

HollowRockAdam

Thanks for your reply. I actually narrowed down some of the issues that were occurring and fixed them on my own. I do appreciate the response though =)

However, I do have one question. How tightly integrated is the asset to storing IAP information in the DBManager? I would actually love to use my own methods of saving information in regard to whether or not the player has made in IAP.

I have done the following, please tell me if there is any drawback to the following method.

I have written my own script that is attached to the "IAPItem"'s non-active child object "Sold". When the purchase completes, the "Sold" child object becomes active and runs this script:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class iap_enable_effects : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     void Start () {
    8.         var iapItemNumber = transform.parent.name;{ // converts the "sold" child object's parent name to a string
    9.             print(iapItemNumber); // print parent's name for debug
    10.             EnableIAP(); // starts the effects of each different IAP
    11.         }
    13.     }
    15.     void EnableIAP () {
    17.         if(transform.parent.name == "IAPItem 000"){
    18.             PlayerPrefs.SetInt("iap_1_remove_ads", 1);{
    19.                 PlayerPrefs.Save();
    20.             }
    21.         }
    23.         if(transform.parent.name == "IAPItem 001"){
    24.             // custom code to enable iap 2's effects
    25.         }
    27.         if(transform.parent.name == "IAPItem 002"){
    28.             // custom code to enable iap 3's effects
    30.         }
    32.     }
    34. }
    I think it will be obvious to you what my code is doing. Basically, it is converting the IAPItem name into a string. Then it starts the EnableIAP function - which in turn compares the string name to the different IAPs , and enables the proper effect.

It works quite well actually this way. I am just unsure if I am going to run into problems using this method later on. If you see any problems with me doing it this way, please let me know.

Thanks again!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  12. Baroni

Baroni

Actually you don't need a separate script for this, as the IAPListener script already implements a callback for user purchases. Your approach is totally fine though if you don't want to modify SIS scripts. Note that your script and EnableIAP() method is called on every start (not once) for purchased items, which doesn't make a difference with hard-coded values. I can't see any drawback, besides duplicating existing functionality.

13. Nijamyang

Nijamyang

watched your video on youtube

In my IAPMAnager there's no google store key var like in the video (4:05). Can't say what version of SIS cause there's no info under about. Can't visit the homepage cause the button under about doesn't work. Can't find a documentation anywhere. Can you please tell me where to put in the google store key?

14. Baroni

Baroni

From your description, it seems that the package is either corrupted, didn't import correctly or that you have errors in your project which stop other scripts from working. Could you please try the import process (as described in the video) in a new project and check the console (Window > Console) at any time for errors.

- import NGUI
    - import Simple IAP System
    - the plugin window will pop up, select OpenIAB
    - import OpenIAB (version 0.9.6 from here https://github.com/onepf/OpenIAB/releases)

The documentation is a pdf named "Simple IAP System" located in the SIS folder, you can see it in the project at 4:05 too. If you have any issues during this process, please let me know.

15. Fllodsl

Fllodsl

Hello, sorry I'm pretty new to all this. Ive gotten everything working fine but i have a question.
    So to check if an item is purchased i can call if(DBManager.isPurchased("itemname")) Is there also one for IsSelected so i can see which item they have chosen?
    Thanks.

16. Baroni

Baroni

Hi there,

DBManager's GetAllSelected() method returns a dictionary with a list of selected ids for each IAPGroup (Dictionary< string, List<string>>). You can get all selected items of an IAPGroup by using DBManager.GetAllSelected()["your IAPGroup"] or check one item directly by calling DBManager.GetAllSelected()["your IAPGroup"].Contains("your item id"). The documentation has a link to the scripting reference, but here it is again: Scripting Reference.

17. mattSydney

mattSydney

Is there a way of reseting everything so it is like I just imported SIS (including your demo data). I have been messing around and now there is never any data displayed in any of the demo scenes, even when i set the correct prefabs in IAP Settings. I have tried reimporting from the asset store but with no luck.

Also is it possible to just use the virtual store features without needing prime31 etc. If so how would i activate this without the "You must set up the plugin" prompt

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  18. Fllodsl

Fllodsl

Sorry i must be doing something wrong but i still cant get this to work. I'm getting The given key was not present in the dictionary error. I used one of the predefined groups for testing.

if(DBManager.GetAllSelected()["Custom"].Contains("hat")){}

So it's saying it cant find that key in the selected pool, which is fine apart form it is selected and shows up as such in the store.
    Thanks again.

19. Baroni

Baroni

Have you also tried reimporting the Prime31 package (and its IAPManager prefab) under Window > Simple IAP System > Plugin Setup? If it doesn't show up regardless of what you do, the issue could be related to your project (corrupted meta files or something similar).

Sorry I forgot that you have to check for the group first, as it won't be present in the dictionary if there are no items in it.
    Code (csharp):
    1. Dictionary<string, List<string>> allSelected = DBManager.GetAllSelected();
    2. if(allSelected.ContainsKey("Custom"))
    3.    Debug.Log(allSelected["Custom"].Contains("hat"));

20. Fllodsl

Fllodsl

Still having a problem, this is now what i have:

if(DBManager.isPurchased(name) )
    {

Dictionary<string, List<string>> allSelected = DBManager.GetAllSelected();
    if(allSelected.ContainsKey(group)){
    print("foundgroup");

if((allSelected[group].Contains(name)))
    {
    print("foundname");
    }
    else
    {
    print("noname);
    }}
    else
    {
    print("nogroup");
    }
    }

So I'm getting the nogroup message, the names are defiantly identical and there are things purchased/selected in the group.

21. Baroni

Baroni

You are right, I've found a bug in how the DBManager handles its JSON code when calling GetAllSelected(). I'll be releasing an improved version including a fix (and more features) this week. Sorry for the inconvenience.

22. Baroni

Baroni

Version 2.2

Platform Overrides and Amazon/Windows Phone 8 support for OpenIAB (beta)!

Features
    - introduced platform dependent product identifiers for in-app purchases,
    which allow overriding identifiers for different stores in the IAP Editor
    - added Amazon support for OpenIAB (new dropdown in the IAP Editor) (beta)
    - added Windows Phone 8 support for OpenIAB (beta)

Fixes & Changes
    - fixed DBManager.GetAllSelected() not returning the correct list of items

Upgrade Notes:
    Please take a screenshot of your items in the IAP Editor before upgrading, as you will have to reenter them in the new format. You can now specify a global id for your products and override it per store, if necessary. Adjust your IAPListener script accordingly (only global id is needed).

23. eridani

eridani

I've been using an older version of SimpleIAP and made an android app with in-app purchases, which works fine.

I then submitted the app to Amazon and it got approved, but won't be released for a couple of days.

I thought SimpleIAP and OpenIAB (which I used for my Android app) automatically detected which app store it was registered under and automatically launched the appropriate code for the in-app purchases for that app store?

But now I see you added explicit Amazon support a few days agao, so that probably means my in-app purchases (using the previous SimpleIAP code) won't work for Amazon? But then why would Amazon approve my app?

Should I delete my app from Amazon and upgrade to the newest version of SimpleIAP in order to get in-app purchases working with Amazon? Is there a way to upgrade without having to enter all the IGC items again? (I have tons).

Please advise. Thanks Baroni!

24. Baroni

Baroni

Theoretically, OpenIAB does exactly this and your in-app purchases will work just fine on Amazon. You should test them on a real device or the emulator to be absolutely sure though.

A bit of background information: OpenIAB needs a 'store string' on initialization, and this has been Google Play for the older versions. The new version has a dropdown for selecting the store on Android (Google Play / Amazon), which sets the store string accordingly. I don't know whether OpenIAB ignores a Google Play store string, if it detects an Amazon app.

It could be that Amazon was supported before, but I have only successfully tested the new version with platform overrides on the Kindle Fire emulator. When upgrading, all IGC items should remain in your IAPManager prefab (if you don't import the new one). You will only have to reenter items for real money on the IAPs tab.

25. eridani

eridani

Ok thanks Baroni. I guess I will find out in a few days. I will upgrade to the new version at that point if things aren't working. I will keep you updated.

26. eridani

eridani

Good news, Amazon In-App Purchases seem to be working just fine without any modifications at all. Thanks for your help Baroni.

I do have a new issue now though. I'm trying to release my app to the iOS App Store using SimpleIAP and OpenIAB... I tried to follow your video tutorial which uses SimpleIAP and Unibill and I noticed that you can test purchases right away, even without having submitted the app to the App Store.

But when I try to test a purchase with SimpleIAP and OpenIAB, I always get back the message "Cannot connect to the iTunes Store." I set up all the appropriate In App purchases in iTuneConnect already. I would like to test out the in app purchases before submitting my app to the App Store for review.

I'm assuming you have successfully tested SimpleIAP with OpenIAB with the App Store. Please help!

27. Baroni

Baroni

Thanks for letting me know!

The message "Cannot connect to the iTunes Store." usually appears if billing is not supported on your device. This could be for several reasons, just out of my mind:
    - the billing plugin didn't initialize correctly
    - in-app purchases are disabled in your device settings
    - you're not logged in with a test account
    - the device does not have a stable internet connection

Did you take a look at the log in Xcode? Any suspicious issues there?

28. eridani

eridani

I was logged in with my developer account and assumed Apple would know I was trying to test! But this was the problem.

I made an Apple test account and used that instead and everything worked.

Thanks again Baroni. You are the man!!!

29. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

SIS uses a PHP script that has to reside on a server. Is there a cheap service that provides servers to host/run a simple PHP script?

30. Baroni

Baroni

Actually there are multiple free hosters which support PHP with no restrictions. A google search for "free server php" gives me 000webhost.com as the first result, for example.

31. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

Yeah. I thought someone here may know a good one off hand.
    I'm using Google App Engine for testing. Do you know if any of your customers are using that?
    Thanks.

BTW. I bought it. I posted that on your forum

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014
  32. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

+Baroni I have the latest NGUI and Prime31 assets in a new project. I import the SIS asset and it asks me which pluginin I will use. I chose Prime31 and it imports those corresponding files. Then I open the AllSelection scene. It loads the "IAP Manager" gameObject in the Hierarchy but it is displayed in red and shows that the prefab is missing. The "IAP Manager" gameObject has a child gameObject named "OpenIABEventManager" which in the Inspector shows that it's attached script is missing.

Just letting you know

33. Baroni

Baroni

No, unfortunately I don't know what service our customers use (or any who use Google App Engine). We are using a paid hoster with high uptime, everything else is secondary for us.

Thanks for mentioning the missing prefab reference, it sure is a tedious task to support all of these plugins in one package...

34. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

35. Baroni

Baroni

@TokyoDan
    Why don't you use one of the free web hosters such as 000webhost.com? Just curious, because it can't get cheaper than free and you are making a tremendous effort to rewrite our PHP script.

36. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

@Baroni
    I'm not sure I want to use some free PHP hosting service that may not be around next week.

Anyway I got the PHP script running on Google App Engine. I now know what needs to be changed in the PHP script. It is working fine except I'm getting errors related to the receipt:

"The receipt for 'TOTonlineMpService17' could not be verified."

As soon as I get it working I'll pass on to you the changes that have to be made to your PHP script for it to run on Google App Engine. Then you can put them in the script if you like. It's only 5 to 10 lines of code.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  37. TokyoDan

TokyoDan

@Baroni I got the PHP script working on Google App Engine for iOS. I get verification success. I don't know how to do it for Android. Maybe someone else can figure that out. All you need to do is comment out the curl function calls and use the URL Fetch equivalent as shown below

Code (CSharp):
    2.     /* For non-GAE (Google App Engine) PHP servers
    3.     $ch = curl_init($url);
    4.     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, true);
    5.     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POST, true);
    6.     curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, $postData);
    7.     $encodedResponse = curl_exec($ch);
    8.     curl_close($ch);
    9.     */
    11.     // For Google App Engine which uses URL Fetch instead of cURL ******************
    12.     $options = [
    13.      'http' => [
    14.        'method' => 'post',
    15.        'header' => "Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded\r\n",
    16.        'content' => $postData
    17.      ]
    18.     ];
    19.     $context = stream_context_create($options);
    20.     $encodedResponse = file_get_contents($url, false, $context);
    22.     // Use sysLog'() to send debug info to GAE Dashboard logs
    23.     //syslog(LOG_DEBUG, "Encoded Response: $encodedResponse");

Last edited: Aug 14, 2014
  38. fmarkus

fmarkus

Hello,
    Is there a way to handle Arrays with json and if so, how can I create them, and read/write at a specific position?
    Cheers!

39. Baroni

Baroni

Hi there,
    'arrays' as such are not supported by SimpleJSON (it has an array object, but it isn't functional). You can, however, create multidimensional nodes to simulate array objects. To do this, add the following code in DBManager.cs:
    Code (csharp):
    1. //for multi-dimensional nodes
    2. public static void SetPlayerData(string id1, string id2, JSONData data)
    3. {
    4.     string loc = instance.player;
    5.     instance.gameData[loc][id1][id2] = data;
    6.     Save(); //in older versions this would be Save(true)
    7. }
    and to get them:
    Code (csharp):
    1. //for multi-dimensional nodes
    2. public static JSONNode GetPlayerData(string id1, string id2)
    3. {
    4.     string loc = instance.player;
    5.     return instance.gameData[loc][id1][id2];
    6. }
    Use case:
    Code (csharp):
    1. DBManager.SetPlayerData("myArray", "0", new JSONData(200));
    2. DBManager.SetPlayerData("myArray", "1", new JSONData(250));
    3. int arrayValue = DBManager.GetPlayerData("myArray", "1").AsInt; //250
    5. //also possible
    6. DBManager.SetPlayerData("myCar", "front", new JSONData("airbag"));
    7. DBManager.SetPlayerData("myCar", "back", new JSONData("tv"));

Out of office note: we're not available until August 18, support inquiries will be answered shortly afterwards.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  40. fmarkus

fmarkus

Works great! Thanks a lot! Will this be part of the next update too?

41. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi guys I'm new with Unity and definitely in andoid dev...I buyed this great extension ....a few days ago ...i got some issues ...can't fix this one :
    1111.jpg
    I build the apk and uploaded on dev ,the ID's of products from project are the same like in DEV CONSOLE...:( no idea what cause this, the builded apk is the whole game ...i need to build only the shop scene for uploading ?

42. Baroni

Baroni

I'll make sure to include this in the next update, yes.

There are two reasons for this message to appear:
    - your product id specified in the IAP Settings editor could not be found in the Google Developer console
    - the bundle identifier for your app in Unity does not match the one specified in the Google Developer console.
    I've already wrote you an email about our YouTube channel and setup video, but here it is again:

Out of office note: we're not available until August 18, replies will take a little bit longer.

43. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hello Baroni , sorry for the trouble...my bundle identifier is the same in my project and in dev console , maybe my problem is the .apk file uploaded to google dev console ....I uploaded the hole game with billing permision there and the problem still :( thanks for your support

44. Baroni

Baroni

Well, here are some other points which could be the cause of your error:
    -the Google developer key on your IAP Manager prefab is not correct
    -you haven't published the APK on Google Play as Alpha or Beta draft (this takes up to 3 hours after submission)
    -you are not logged in with a Google Play test account on the device
    -any other errors with the billing plugin when looking through the device log?
    If none of the above points help, could you please send me more screenshots from your app and products in Google Play, the IAP Manager prefab in your first game scene in Unity and the Android project settings via email.

45. uni7y

uni7y

Hi Baroni,

Just bought your SIS asset and import it in my game and follow the tut... when I want to open a scene I get this error:
    UnityException: Input Axis Mouse ScrollWheel is not setup.
    To change the input settings use: Edit -> Project Settings -> Input
    UICamera.Update () (at Assets/NGUI/Scripts/UI/UICamera.cs:1118)

My buildsettings are on android

46. Baroni

Baroni

Hi spotdot,

thank you for buying SIS. The error you are seeing comes from NGUI and basically tells you what to do: NGUI can't find the 'Mouse ScrollWheel' axis in the input settings. Go to Edit -> Project Settings -> Input and set up a 'Mouse ScrollWheel' axis. It should look like this: image link.

If you've edited your input settings to something else and want to keep them, you should modify the scrollAxisName in UICamera.cs instead.

47. uni7y

uni7y

Thanks Baroni that did the job :)
    thanks for the fast support on this! just like your 3D Tower Defense Kit I like this very much!

48. TWaanders

TWaanders

Hi Baroni,

As you are most likely well aware of, the Unity 4.6 beta has been released! Any thoughts on supporting the new Unity GUI instead of or next to NGUI?

49. Baroni

Baroni

Integration for uGUI is already done and should be out next week, I only have to rewrite the documentation ;)

50. TWaanders

TWaanders

Amazing! Guess I can start playing with the beta soon :)