Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Sidescrolling 2.5D Shooter - Suggestions

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mikael-H, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Mikael-H

Mikael-H

This is a thread for any suggestions for future features regarding the package Sidescrolling 2.5D Shooter, available on the asset store here: http://u3d.as/obk

This system aims to be a base project for anyone who wants to create a 2.5D gun’n run game. The scripts follow SOLID-principles as closely as possible in order to make it easily extendible. For example, where possible UnityEvents are used to communicate between scripts so that the scripts do not need to reference each other. If you have suggestions for further improvements in this regard let us know!

Note that there is a separate thread for support questions at http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/sidescrolling-2-5d-shooter-support.384397/

Feel free to try out the WebGL demo:
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/34265144/Hackathon 2 - sidescroller/index.html

2016-02-06 (5).png

While waiting for Asset Store approval I am already at work on version 1.1
    This version adds, among other things, voxel world integration through Cubiquity:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2016
  2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

This is a fun asset to play with! Great work.

I love the fact that you are integrating destructible voxels and new weapons, etc.

Suggestions: I would love to see doors that can be unlocked and opened based on items the player may have picked up. Also, floors that can slide in and out of the wall, and floors that can function as elevators (moving up and down). I can add these myself but they might be useful to others, as well.

3. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I would love to see the ability to hang, climb along and climb up ledges, along with the ability to climb ladders (might need to add the ability for the user to "disarm" their weapon temporarily while they are performing these actions.)

4. gamezuv

gamezuv

Hi , bought it and I like it a lot . Can you make some more AIs , Guns , level and loot system like shoot many robots ? Also the controls need to be a little more tight IMO . Jumps and movement is a little floaty .

Also a loot drop and weapon perks system on guns like borderlands / destiny would really make the game shine .

Liking it a lot . Keep it up !

5. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

a 2 Player mode. With a simple start menu to choose their Input. Keyboard with mouse and Joystick supported.

Would be great :)

6. Mikael-H

Mikael-H

Great idea, I've been thinking something along this, you're thinking split screen right?

7. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I personally thought about coop on one Screen. But for others, versus with two Screens also sounds like a good idea...

Or both :)

Mikael-H likes this.