Search Unity

Shuriken Magic [EFFECT PACK]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kalamona, Jul 23, 2012.

1. kalamona

kalamona

Hi,
    I am in a bit of pain, as I don't want the compatibility with 3.5 to disrupt, but I also feel that it could be really advantageous to use the new unity, so I am kinda paralyzed :/

2. hopeful

hopeful

The new Unity is the future. The old Unity is the past.

3. Strom_CL

Strom_CL

With Unity 5 being released today I think its time to drop 3.5 and move on to 4 and 5 only. Few "slicing" errors with your animRandomizer scripts in Unity 5 as well. So far that's the only issue I've seen. :)

Roman-Ilyin likes this.
  4. hopeful

hopeful

My understanding is that virtually no one is using older versions of Unity. And with the new generous terms for indies on U5, I expect nearly everyone will move over fairly quickly.

Roman-Ilyin likes this.
  5. Roman-Ilyin

Roman-Ilyin

Do you plan to support unity 5 in the near future? We don't use 3.5.

Rajmahal and Strom_CL like this.
  6. hopeful

hopeful

All the time, almost everybody is on the latest Unity version + the one just before.

This is a snapshot from before Unity 5 was released. I wouldn't be surprised if about 50% of the user base is already on U5 now.

Roman-Ilyin and unikum-llc like this.
  7. kalamona

kalamona

Thanks for the graph! I already sent the 5.0 version to the store, I think they will accept it soon (if they didn't already). As far as I know, there will be multiple versions, one for pre-5 users, and another one for the 5+ users (content is the same).

8. Kamilche_

Kamilche_

Hi there, I'm getting a strange error after importing your package into my C# Unity 5 project:
    Assets/ShurikenMagic/Scripts/SM_animSpeedRandomizer.js(6,1): BCE0048: Type 'UnityEngine.Component' does not support slicing.

Do you know what causes that error? I can't run the project until I remove your package. I get that error before even dragging anything to the scene.

9. kalamona

kalamona

Hi, are you sure you use the latest version from the asset store? This is because of the difference how animations can be accessed in the script. Pre-5 it was something like "animation["something"].time", now it requires using the GetComponent command.

10. Kamilche_

Kamilche_

I bought the package in the store based on your WebDemo, and it works well there. It's just the demo that exhibits this behavior.

Those effects are very nice, thanks for putting it in the store!

11. eco_bach

eco_bach

Nice pack!.
    BUT, scaling is an issue as mentioned. I also purchased the Particle Scaler as suggested but it ONLY works in the Editor, NOT with prefabs instantiated via code. Is there a way to make Shuriken magic prefabs accessible via code, and to NOT run automatically on instantiation?

12. kalamona

kalamona

Hi,
    yes, the particle scaler is a bit tricky to use, but possible.
    1. place the particle system you want to scale into the scene, add the scaler script to it, set the scale on the script for something different than 1
    2. run the scene, notice that the particle system scale was changed
    3. after stopping the scene, notice that the particle system was altered by the scaler script
    4. apply the changes of the prefab. Then you can even remove the particle scaler tool, the new prefab will have scaled particles.

Sorry that it is that difficult, sadly I am not a coder :/