Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooter AI – The Ultimate Artificial Intelligence Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikita68, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Dinesy

Dinesy

@nikita68
    Hello, i recently purchased this asset and i am very pleased with everything so far, however, there is one small problem i am having. I have implemented it into my existing 'project' which utilizes the Realistic FPS Prefab asset, the soldiers work fine, however, when i shoot them they do not take any damage ?
    They are set to take damage from 'bullet' in the health manager, which is from the UFPS package, but i cannot seem to find the same bullet like component in RFPS Prefab... I have tried adding my own damage script that works with RFPS but it doesn't function and they still take no damage..
    I brought it as it said it was compatible with the RFPS asset straight out of the box and could be set up in 5 minutes, maybe i am doing something wrong ?

Any suggestions ?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@primus88 -

1. The sale will end on the 24th.
    2. Yes that is possible, as you can choose whether the AI is holding a melee only weapon or not. As for archers, you can select the model of the bow as the primary weapon and then select the model of the arrow as the bullet.
    3. http://www.policyalmanac.org/games/aStarTutorial.htm This article gives a good explanation as to how A* actually works. Yes it is possible to have the navmesh made at runtime.

@PassivePicasso -

Like in an RTS game?

Thanks!
    Ryan

3. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Dinesy -

We are currently working on a solution for your problem and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks!
    Ryan

4. lod3

lod3

What's the main differences between this and Advanced AI Pro?

Edit: Also, the link to the Manual on the store page doesn't work.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  5. Subzeroblack68

Subzeroblack68

Fixed most of my problems pretty easily by watching some tutorial videos but quick question. Why s it after I create the enemy and everything seems to be working fine, except they always shoot right above my head. I think it may be the angle of the gun or the bullet position but it seems to be aiming straight when I look at the transform. its probably a quick fix

6. CactiiPie

CactiiPie

Hello I recently bought this shooter AI, I have been messing around with it and I must say it's awesome! But I'm kinda stuck, I wanna integrate this with the Realistic FPS Prefab, how would I go about doing this?

7. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

the link to the Manual on the store page doesn't work. i need a link to manual plz....

8. primus88

primus88

Thank you.
    Since the price is so apealling and the tools seems to do exactly what I want, I will make the purchase.

9. lod3

lod3

Went ahead and picked this up. Doc said for UFPS integration you only need to add a UFPS player, but after baking the NavMesh and placing the Soldier prefab (from Shooter AI), the soldier's weapon is orientated incorrectly, and when the AI spots me - because of the placement of the gun - the AI ends up shooting and killing itself.

Moreover, I've noticed the AI will vanish under the NavMesh temporarily, then re-surface again. Is there something that I've neglected to do?

10. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

I just want to ask if the pathfinding a* system is the full and latest version from Aron Granberg?
    I have bought his system too and now want to know if i use your included one or import his from the store.
    Are there any benefits to use your version?
    Can i do more with his full version?

11. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Iod3 -

1.Link to the manual should be working asap.
    2.Did you create the gun before creating the character?
    3.Try rebaking the navmesh.

@Subzeroblack68 -

The enemies critical height might not be set correctly. Make sure it is set to a value of 1.5. Then the AI should shoot straight for the head.

@CactiiPie -

Did you already set-up a scene using Realistic FPS prefab and are now trying to implement Shooter AI?

@primus88 -

Thanks helps us out a lot!

@RandAIThor -

It's completely identical to his version only a little outdated. But you can easily upgrade to a newer version.

Thanks!
    Ryan

12. TehGamingOcelot

TehGamingOcelot

@RyanEarpGW
    Hey, I just bought the asset and downloaded it from the Asset Store. Now, I get a script error from the script MouseLook.cs:
    Assets/Shooter AI/Scripts/Camera/MouseLook.cs(7.18):Error CS0101:The namespace 'global::' already contains a definition for 'MouseLook'. I got the error as soon as I put it in my project. What should I do?
    Also, I started watching the tutorial playlist and the first step is creating a weapon by clicking the 'Shooter AI' window. In my project, there is no Shooter AI window. Only the standard ones: File, Edit, Assets, GameObject, Component, Window and Help.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2014
  13. lod3

lod3

1. Thank you.
    2. I used your Soldier prefab - is it not set up correctly?
    3. Did many times.

14. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

facing same problem,

BTW this is a top assets, can imagine so many possibilities with it, by just watching the quick setup video.

15. PassivePicasso

PassivePicasso

It wasn't my intention, but the control scheme would be similar. I'm looking to make an indirect player controller so that the player can tell his character where to go and they go there automatically. I can achieve the navigation easy enough thanks to Unity's NavMesh system, but the animation is something else entirely.

I'm also curious about the animation system. Eventually I'd like to look into allowing creates to climb walls, or even conduct parkour like actions such as vaulting over fences, sliding under rails. How extensible is the animation setup in Shooter AI, would it be feasible for me to augment the system to do this?

red2blue likes this.
  16. uvavoo

uvavoo

You recommend using FinalIK. However I run into an error after loading the package. Nor do I know how to use this with ShooterAI.

"Assets/ShooterAI-FinalIK Integration/ShooterAI_LimbIK.cs(13,24): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `LimbIK' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?"

Assets/ShooterAI-FinalIK Integration/ShooterAI_FBBIK.cs(19,25): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `FullBodyBipedIK' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?

This looks like it could be a really nice product, and it is very cheap on the Asset store at the moment, but the IK is frustrating, just can not get it to work properly. Why doesn't it work out of the box?

I have Unity Free.

17. red2blue

red2blue

This kind of RTS "Modus" Would be very interessting for me to. They fight all alone, but I could give them Waypoints to walk. Maybe giving also a targent. Is something like this possible?

@ Developer: I think I remember, that you have some kind of integration with Behavior Designer (this). Is it true? I don't remember where i read about it. Maybe I am wrong.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  18. PassivePicasso

PassivePicasso

I actually suspect that Behavior Designer would make this more feasible, however I don't have the budget to acquire it at the moment, I'm hoping that I can hack together a solution using the features that already exist.

19. TehGamingOcelot

TehGamingOcelot

Hey, how can I make it so the AI's can shoot and kill me(the player)? What script should I attach to the Player?

20. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@TehGamingOcelot -
    1.Is there a Tools tab? If not try reimporting the package.
    2.Just assign the player to the tag of the enemy in the AI controller child.

@PassivePicasso & @red2blue -
    Behavior Designer:

Animation System:

@lod3 & @Mayureshete -
    I'll take a look at it right away and get back to you as soon as possible.
    3.Try re-adjusting the navmesh agent.

@uvavoo -
    This video explains how to implement FinalIK.

Thanks!
    Ryan

red2blue likes this.
  21. Onekog

Onekog

Hi all.
    Really digging your Shooter AI - The AI solution for ANY combat situation.
    But I ran into a snag.
    I was working on my game everything was going really good.
    A few errors popped up where there where non before.
    There's one zombie that came with Shooter AI and a crow that's the players companion in the game thus far.
    I had the companion so close to doing what I wanted it to do.
    Then these errors from the crow....

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    ShooterAIReferenceObject.Awake () (at Assets/Shooter AI/Scripts/Animation/ShooterAIReferenceObject.cs:17)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    RagdollHelper.Awake () (at Assets/Shooter AI/Animations/RagdollBack/Scripts/RagdollHelper.cs:177)

Have deleted the crow and repeated the process again and again.

yes crow has ragdoll, it flops to the floor in a comical manner.

Uninstalled unity and reinstalled it aswell.

Tools-shooter AI-create new character

I've been at this for many hours some one please help.

22. lod3

lod3

@RyanEarpGW

Please do. And so far, everything you've suggested to troubleshoot was done in the first 5 minutes of setting up the test scene, prior to posting the issue here. All the obvious stuff has already been tested.

The two things you should look for, RyanEarpGW, is both the ragdoll setup on your Soldier, as well as the placement of the weapon he wields.

I believe it is the ragdoll on the Soldier causing him to keep falling out of, and back into the scene. Tested this with the Scene view on the second monitor, and the Soldier is literally falling through the Navmesh. Sometimes he will stop falling mid-air and suddenly fly back up to the point he fell, but not always.The clue came from your Zombie prefab, which has its own ragdoll, but has yet to fall through the Navmesh (though its feet stick well below the Navmesh, and even the floor, when running around).

Also, the incorrect weapon placement is likely the culprit for why the AI keeps shooting itself, as the orientation of the gun is notably incorrect as well.

Hope this accelerates fixing the issue.

23. red2blue

red2blue

Hi Ryan,

thanks a lot. That looks good. Where do I get the Actions for the Behavior Designer?

Thanks a lot
    Ingo

24. CreatureSurvive

CreatureSurvive

I'm integrating this with ufps, and all my enemy's are melee enemy's. I used the zombie prefab initially, but they seem to miss my player when attacking it's like they can't reach far enough to hit my players collider. However if I'm running towards them while their attacking they will do damage. I've tried adjusting the melee distance, but it didn't seem help, the zombie would come closer but still couldn't hit me. I've since tried creating my own melee ai character using shooter ai, but I'm still having the same issue. Im having trouble finding out how to have the zombies attack more than once as well, though that could be fixed once they are able to hit me.

I'm also having the issue of ragdolls falling through the ground, but that's not a priority at the moment.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  25. TehGamingOcelot

TehGamingOcelot

I already assigned the tag of the enemy to the player. The AI shoots the player, but nothing happends(I waited for like 5 minutes). I also tried copying and pasting the Health Manager with the scripts from the AI, but that didn't work.
    Also, the AI is so inacurate that I had to jump in the bullets to get shot at, because the AI shoots in the sky sometimes. Is it because of the Bullet Position on the weapon? I assigned that in front of my model, and it shoots in the sky... Help?

Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
  26. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

ok, there are a few problems i found from the soldier prefabs, they fall from the scene view, the weapon holding position wont look good and they shoot themselves.

tried it only with built in ik, have someone tried it with final IK if it makes a difference...?

27. PassivePicasso

PassivePicasso

@RyanEarpGW

Thanks for the links. I can't use Behaviour designer but the video still revealed to me where I need to implement my control logic. I was able to adapt my waypoint player controller to control the AI's!
    Unfortunately, I thought that the animation system was more procedural, so unfortunately it's not simple to conver my needs.

Thanks for the great product!

28. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

k found that placing bullet pos ahead of gun solved the suicide problem...

29. uvavoo

uvavoo

Thanks for the response. So I need to spend 85 euros? for the IK?
    Anyway, no problem got it to work reasonably well.
    Now the enemy won't shoot the player. I've assigned the Tag to player. Refuses to shoot just runs up to the player/follows player around.
    Does the player need anything? It is set up to use a character controller at the moment.

30. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

Sorry for the long response time!

@Onekog -

We have decided to make a crow prefab and send it to you in the following days. That should fix your problem.

@lod3 & @Mayureshete -

The ragdoll would have been my next suggestion as well. We will take a look at our soldier prefab and fix the issue as soon as possible.

@CreatureSurviive -

Make sure you have the newest version of Shooter AI installed.
    Also this might help you.

@PassivePicasso -

Great to hear that it worked!

@TehGamingOcelot -

We'll look into this immediately.

@uvavoo -

Unfortunately you will.
    Have you assigned the tag of the player to the player itself and to the data about enemies for the AI?

@red2blue -
    We will send you a basic package in the following days. And we will soon include all the Actions in our own package.

Thanks!
    Ryan

red2blue likes this.
  31. Onekog

Onekog

32. red2blue

red2blue

Hey Ryan,

thanks a lot. I am really looking forward to tweak some AI with Behavior Designer. Keep up the great work!

Cheers

33. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

did u find the solution for this yet...?, for now i just changed the name of the file and namespace to "MouseLooks.cs". and its working for now

34. TehGamingOcelot

TehGamingOcelot

Yeah I did, I also renamed it :) Thanks anyway!

35. TehGamingOcelot

TehGamingOcelot

36. lod3

lod3

Was this with the included Soldier prefabs, or your own custom setup?

37. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

its in the the weapon handling position, see the start of first video,

but when the the soldier falls off from scene and reappears he still suicides.

38. lod3

lod3

What I meant was, did you edit the included Soldier prefab's bullet position, or on a character you set up yourself?

39. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

I edited existing prefab, for now i m unable to set up new character frm mixamo, but thats not priority for now, at-least for me...

40. lod3

lod3

That's totally fine; just wanted to confirm. Thank you, @Mayureshete.

@RyanEarpGW

How does your Soldier prefab behave for you personally? From the sound of it, the prefab wasn't set up correctly. The problem with that, though - particularly when it comes to code - is that the prefab suggests a working example. It is commonly what the user learns from, by either dissecting it, re-skinning - what have you.

Could you provide an ETA on when you can upload an update, where the included AI prefabs work correctly? Thank you.

41. Soumikbhat

Soumikbhat

Nice asset. But why do the hands of the soldier holding the gun always go to the back? I did as instructed in the documentation, but the hand of the soldier holding the gun always goes to the back in a very awkward pose. Any reason as to why this is happening?

42. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Everybody -
    These are the basic actions for Behavior Designer:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/41u86c8trz9rfkz/SAIBehaviorDesigner.unitypackage

If you have a problem with the weapon placement:
    There seems to be an issue with unity 4.5 but we are currently working on fixing it.

@lod3 -

Same problem here. the position of the gun is completely messed up and the AI is falling through the Navmesh and then reappearing. However it does manage to shoot the player. Again we are doing our best to fix it as soon as possible.
    ETA of next update with the fix about 1,5 weeks.

@Soumikbhat -
    Are you using unity free or pro?

@Onekog -
    Could you send us everything you have done for the crow up until now so we can create the prefab that best suits your project?

Onekog and red2blue like this.
  43. Soumikbhat

Soumikbhat

Unity 4.5 PRO
    By the way I also have Unity 4.3.4 Free version on a diff PC, so will this asset run properly on that unity installation? What i collect from your reply to my email. is that this is a bug with unity 4.5, so I'm thinking of trying this asset on unity 4.3.4..Just confirm me if this will solve the problem or not. Actually 1.5 weeks is a bit too much for me to wait, hence this impatience and desperation to somehow get this to work :p

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  44. opsive

opsive

I wanted to give everybody an update in the ShooterAI thread with how the integration is going with Behavior Designer -

As @RyanEarpGW posted, there is a package available now which starts the integration between the two assets. This is just the beginning and I have been working with Nikita on a more complete integration. If you've taken a look at the ShooterAI code you would have seen that the AIStateManager is a pretty key class that determines what state the AI should be in. Our plan is to be able to basically replicate this class with a behavior tree. With that we will be creating different tasks that represent the various states: Patrol, Engage, Chase, Investigate, Cover, etc. There will then be conditional tasks that can be used within the behavior tree as well.

When all of these action/conditional tasks are created you will then be able to create a tree that does exactly what you want while ShooterAI takes care of all of the complicated logic. It will be in effect like you are modifying the AIStateManager without actually changing any code. For example, if you want a more conservative AI you could remove the Chase/Investigate state and then the AI will only go on patrol and engage when the enemy gets close.

I know that Nikita is planning some pretty cool updates so we don't have a time period when this integration will be done but when it is complete the two assets should play to each others strengths really, really well.

John-G and red2blue like this.
  45. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

@RyanEarpGW

thats a lots of work you are doing, good job. 1.5 week is understandable, i can wait for it as i need to use a stable version of that soldier,

i Have 1 more request, can you please make a detailed video on how to add a new character frm mixamo i tried but the character wont animate and wont hold the gun, may be i am doing something wrong in the ragdoll part,
    (Note: any character from mixamo those are free in asset store.)

TY.

46. Soumikbhat

Soumikbhat

Can someone reply to this? :mad:

47. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

@Soumikbhat
    if you have 4.3.4 version installed on other pc, why not just try that out...

Edit: never-mind, i tried it on 4.3.4 version. and the soilder prefab has same problem on both versions...

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Soumikbhat likes this.
  48. FuZZbaLL_b

FuZZbaLL_b

Hi RyanEarpGW,

I boought your asset, and was wondering if there is any exaples on how to use it with vehicles instead of characters?

I tried removing the character and replacing it with a vehicle and altough it still worked, there where a lot of references in the code that pointed to body parts. Apart from that, the rotation of the vehicle isn't pendicular to the ramps.

Hope you can help.

Greetings,
    FuZZbaLL

49. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

Sorry for the long response time.

@Soumikbhat -
    We are doing our best to have your problem fixed as soon as possible.

@FuZZbaLL_b -
    We don't support vehicles as a replacement for our characters. You could however extract everything you need from Shooter AI and build your own project based on it.

@Mayureshete -
    We are planning to release a tutorial video on Thursday.

Mayureshete likes this.
  50. TehGamingOcelot

TehGamingOcelot

So, how to make the AI kill the player?