Search Unity

Shooter AI – The Ultimate Artificial Intelligence Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikita68, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Alex3333

Alex3333

Carefully read all the forum and understood) ) . Just came upgrade to 2.2.3 . Updating )))

hopeful likes this.
  2. jkdey

jkdey

Hello, when I shoot at the default Soldier it does no damage. I'm using UFPS. What am I missing?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  3. jkdey

jkdey

Just fixed it, was an issue with asset serialization in my editor settings. I was forcing text for use with Perforce. As soon as I set it back to mixed, deleted, and redownloaded ShooterAI into my assets folder it worked.

4. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@everybody -
    We are finally done with our finals and will return back to normal with the support starting monday!

@jkdey -
    It would have also worked to set the damage model to global instead of region based.

hopeful likes this.
  5. hailegia

hailegia

Hi @Nikita, @Ryan,
    Please checkout this video
    . Your zombie now can damage my player (UFPS) but the what's wrong with it's animation? I really neet this to be fixed for my game prototype. And 2nd question, if I want to use my own zombie, will this happen to my bought models also?

6. hailegia

hailegia

This is just my guess when I take a quick look through the code. Everything's working fine for the soldier prefab because when firing, they don't do any animation, just sitting/standing. But when it comes to the zombie the issue is the following snippet is called too many times:
    if(fireType == FireType.Melee)
    {
    brain.modelManager.ApplyMeleeAnimation();
    }
    (from: void Fire( FireType fireType ))​

Is this correct?

7. jkdey

jkdey

@RyanEarpGW I had already set the damage model of the weapon to region-based on the Soldier. Do I need to do that to my UFPS Player as well? Is there a way?

8. nikita68

nikita68

@Everybody! We're finally through with most and hardest of our exams, meaning we will be now working full time on Shooter AI (and other products ;) ) up until September! We are extremely proud to have such a supportive, understanding and patient community! Much <3 to every single one of you awesome people, from all of us here. :)

Massive shoutout to @abhijeet1001 !!!!! You are seriously epic for the support that you've given whilst we were absent. We're introducing a new policy, where anybody helping out on the forums will get all of our products, as well as any upcoming betas/alphas and new products.

As you may see, 2.2.3 finally got accepted, as well as the update to SAI Multiplayer! We've now made it so that the multiplayer asset is an addon to the single player version, and made it 20$. Also, we've got drag and drop support with UFPS Multiplayer!

We've noted the 2.2.3 zombie non-stop killing error. We're going to get a patch out today/tomorrow. This should also fix the animation error then.
    EDIT: Try this fix: https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbkiz2lt3wgdx3i/GatewayGamesWeapon.cs?dl=0
    Also added option so melee doesn't allow team killing.

In regards to 3.0/SUPREME AI, we're going to aim at giving a much nicer experience with more custom animations and better melee. We're also working on something (not confirming yet if we'll be able to release it) that's hopefully going to change the way SAI is seen as an asset. ;) We're also setting up our own green screen to get custom animations really quickly.

We've probably missed out most of the questions, and we're very sorry for the inconvenience, but could everybody with open questions repost their question on this thread? We'll get through much quicker this way. :)

Last edited: Apr 27, 2015
    abhijeet1001 likes this.
  9. hailegia

hailegia

Cool, @Nikita. I'm waiting for the zombies animation for a while (refresh this page every 1 hour to see news). I will try your fix. :)

10. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@jkdey - If im not mistaken setting the damage model to global will work with ufps.

11. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

ha m glad to help you guys ^_^ keep up the good wrk

12. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

ok i tried the fix but it didnt seem to fix my issues , the zombie still acts up n animation loops wierdly and dayum lol , as soon as zombie comes into range its like woosh drains all my health to 0 almost instantly , i have the damage of zombie setup as 0.1

then i check above and saw the time between shots was 0 , so probably zombie was doing non stop damage i set that up to 2 seconds now zombie still has wierd flickering animation but now i get damage every 2 secs so m not dying instantly , hope it helps in fixing the problem

13. nikita68

nikita68

@Everybody! We're now officially announcing a planned feature coming with SUPREME AI/3.0..... drum roll please..... visual FSM editor, built into the SAI framework!

So what is this exactly?

We're building a Finite State Machine editor, which looks and functions on top of the Mecanim animation system. This means that you will be able to add in custom logic at critical events, either overriding the default AI logic, or make it work alongside!

So, now SAI will be used as the base, and optimized, behaviour, providing a powerful API for features such as cover finding, suppression fire etc.., with you being able to visually customize how everything works.

Example:
    - AI starts engaging
    - AI goes into cover
    - AI executes your custom behaviour to run around in a circle
    - AI goes back to engaging using built in logic

We will providing some base behaviours from the launch, and will be adding a LOT more, based on demand.

We're up for any questions. :)

@abhijeet1001 - Yep, just noticed the error on my side. Regarding the flicking, setting "Melee Default Length" on the weapon script makes the animation play ok on my side.

Heres a fix, that now runs the animation smoothly, and the correct time :D
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/2mwhld8994j4px3/GatewayGamesModelManager.cs?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/vbkiz2lt3wgdx3i/GatewayGamesWeapon.cs?dl=0

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  14. hailegia

hailegia

Thank you @Nikita for the quick reply. :)

15. hailegia

hailegia

@Nikita, I've tried your new scripts and it's not working on my side. :(. These are the values in my settings:

1. GatewayGamesMovementContoller.minDistanceToDestination = 0.9f
    2. GatewayGamesWeapon:
    a. Max distance to shot: 1.5f
    b. Damage method name: Damage
    c. Time between shots: 0.1
    d. Damage Model: Global
    e. Damage: 0.001 (small number so I can take a clip)
    f. Melee default length: 0.3f
    g. Melee Attack distance: 1.5f​

This is the result:

Any suggestion?

16. hailegia

hailegia

I made some chnages to the code based on my guess (prev post). So the current GatewayGamesWeaponManager.cs, from line 394 (from what I downloaded):

if (currentHoldingWeapon.GetComponent<GatewayGamesWeapon>().Fire()) {
    var w = currentHoldingWeapon.GetComponent<GatewayGamesWeapon>();
    recoilOffset = Quaternion.AngleAxis(w.recoilAmount * (1f + Random.value * 0.3f), w.recoilVector);​
    }
    if(fireType == FireType.Melee)
    {
    brain.modelManager.ApplyMeleeAnimation();​
    }
    And this is the modified version:

bool canFire = currentHoldingWeapon.GetComponent<GatewayGamesWeapon>().Fire();
    if (canFire) {
    var w = currentHoldingWeapon.GetComponent<GatewayGamesWeapon>();
    recoilOffset = Quaternion.AngleAxis(w.recoilAmount * (1f + Random.value * 0.3f), w.recoilVector);​
    }
    //make the animation play if needed and only if we can make a fire
    if(fireType == FireType.Melee && canFire)
    {
    brain.modelManager.ApplyMeleeAnimation();​
    }​

Now the animation's working fine for me. Is this correct? Can you confirm because I don't have time to read all the sources. :(

17. nikita68

nikita68

@hailegia - Yep!!!! You're better with my own melee system that me :D Though I have checked out and it runs fine for me without the code. If it works for you, then I'll make this an official fix.

18. hailegia

hailegia

19. tapticc

tapticc

I'm getting this on the latest version downloaded this week, turning off crouching stops it but should be able to crouch?

20. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@tapticc -
    If your asking if the AI should be able to crouch, then the answer is yes. Or are you asking why this problem is occurring?

21. tapticc

tapticc

Hi Ryan,

I am saying I would prefer to be able to use crouching AI, but currently can't as the AI drops to waist height into the ground. the mesh separates from the hit colliders it seems.

22. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

a pic wuld explain the problem more nicely , i think its the problem with ragdoll setup or some sort of Ik prob ? it walks and does other things properly other than crouching ?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
  23. tapticc

tapticc

Walking, shooting, combat is all fine, when crouching is activated the model drops to his waist, I've attached a pic so you can see what is happening :)

Attached Files:

24. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

ok i tried both the fixes n strangely none wrked ? :eek: , tried the hotfix nikita gave n it didnt changed anything , tried @hailegia fix , so it did stopped flickering like crazy but it still keeping swinging head left - right left right

25. hailegia

hailegia

26. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@tapticc -
    Nikita let me know that your problem was fixed by simply reimporting the package. :)

27. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

seems to wrk fine now had to close n open unity again though , but all good now ^_^

nikita68 likes this.
  28. hailegia

hailegia

The only difficult for me now is the IK setup with my own mecanim models. It's quite tricky. :(

29. tapticc

tapticc

Yeah all good now :)

RyanEarpGW and nikita68 like this.
  30. hailegia

hailegia

Hi, back to my old question about pausing game. Should I edit the Update method of GatewayGamesBrain? For example, adding the code like this:
    if (GameManager.instance.pause) return;​

1. Is this enough or I need to do the same on some other scripts? Will this pause all the AI's activity?
    2. Do you have any plan to implement this in next version, let say, expose an public Pause function so we can call? I don't like to edit the code because it would be painful when upgrading to a newer version. :(

31. Walton

Walton

Hi please came somebody help

Iv just installed the latest release for the first time i have never used Shooter AI before, I followed the tutorial on setting up an enemy ai. the first time i used one of my own models, the first problem i see is that i do not see a purple line on the floor to show the way points and second Unity just crashes when i try and run my level. So i tried a second time following the tutorial this time i used the Solider model that comes with Shooter and still Unity crashes ( i am using Unity 4.6.1f1 )

32. Walton

Walton

OK quick update i did not have a NavMesh in my level... lol.. ( I am just learning..lol ) now i have Nav mesh no crash

Thanks for a great Package...

33. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@hailegia -
    1. Yes this is sufficient and will pause the AI's activity.
    2. Yes we are planning on implementing this in the future.

@Walton -
    So everything works fine now?

34. hailegia

hailegia

Thank you @Ryan, I'll try that. :)

35. markb123

markb123

Hi

So far this is working really well - custom characters weapons and multiple teams all working, one question though I dont have much experience with animating but can use Fuse etc to create decent chararacters with many animations - if I want to use these charcters with their custom animations (from Mixamo not my own animations) how would I get the animatins to be recognised? e.g I have an Elvis character that I want to run with a zombie animation from Mixamo - how would I get this custom run animation to be used in Shooter ai? via a script? You obviously have a move /idle/ ruin and attacke animation attached to any character that I import (this is working fine) so would how could I use my custom animations?
    thanks
    Mark B

36. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@markb123 -
    This might help you, it's our tutorial on how to integrate a mixamo character into SAI.

MarcusWatson likes this.
  37. Walton

Walton

@Ryan all is ok at the moment... ( still learning )...lol

Thank you

38. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

Some Tutorial on Setting up Zombie character and Animations please ? i have seen the custom animation tutorial for soldier models and when i tried today that in zombie it wasnt same infact i wasnt able to change the locomotion at all , didnt had options showed in the video ( didnt bothered to check the soldier model if that shows me that options though cause i just need to omdify zombie) i was able to change Melee attack animation but it didnt changed the attack animation at all . Help needed

39. jkdey

jkdey

Hi again,

The A Star controller seemed to work fine in the last version of Shooter AI. However, after upgrading to the new one, any AI's created that use A Star zig zag and go from node to node on the navmesh instead of the smooth path it used to adopt. Can anyone help with this?

40. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

41. MarcopoloR

MarcopoloR

Hi, Just a quick question, you mentioned it takes care of the animation part. Can this system work with non-humanoid AI's, like monsters, dinosaurs, etc? Does the animation work with it, and if not, can this still be used and customized on non-humanoid entities. I am also planning on using it with UFPS from the Asset store.

42. sonnolo

sonnolo

i ave remove this line but dont work in line 1211 i ave } symbol here

43. sonnolo

sonnolo

Hello i ave same problem when try to closed for Windows help pls :/

44. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

it works mate , just download latest version from asset store and delete the line , if not wrking means u did something wrong retry

45. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

it shuld wrk , i mean thats what is done with zombie model ( i think ) but still m not sure as i havent seen the setup tutorial for zombie yet .

46. sonnolo

sonnolo

Halloooooooooo i ave request help for close my game on unity 5 with shhoter ai brain script problem,pls i need helppppppppppppp,insult me or something but stop ignore my request tks

47. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

no one is ignoring you , the answer is already given i havve tried it and it works PERFECTLY FINE , download latest version from asset store it works fine , i been compiling game multiple times a day to do testing without probs

48. thenamesace

thenamesace

Just a quick question using ufps i notice you can just walk through the soldier model or zombie one is there anyway to stop this happening as its not very realistic if you can just run through them if cornered ?

49. sonnolo

sonnolo

No! i ave latest version of unity(5) and latest version of shooter ai and dont work fine,just in editor.I request help to developers here,private message,youtube profile and website but just ignore my request.

50. sonnolo

sonnolo

No,i ave letest version of unity and latest version of shooter ai.

Attached Files: