Search Unity

Shooter AI – The Ultimate Artificial Intelligence Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikita68, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Zaddo67

Zaddo67

I just started playing with Shooter AI Yesterday. I am just having a few issues setting up holding the gun.

As per picture below, hands are all over the place.

My character only has 3 fingers. One with only 2 joints. In mechanim, I have set these up with Thumb, Index and Ring finger. Should this still work with the IK positioning?

I noticed on the Gun, Shooter AI has created positions for all 5 fingers. The default positions are wrong. Is there a way to ignore finger positions, so I can just start by getting hands in the correct position?

handsongun.jpg

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  2. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Zaddo67 -
    Check out this tutorial on IK setup. It was made by the developer of final IK.

Should not make a difference if you're only using 3 fingers. You can position the entire hand by just selecting right or left hand in your Hierarchy and then moving it into the wanted position.

3. Ninja Teleporter

Ninja Teleporter

Hello I have problem with Generic Spawner( i think that was called ), instead of spawning 6, it spawns millions ? Anybody with similar issues ?

4. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Make sure ur person ur spawning is set (the tag) to team 1 or team 2 as it counts ur people by tag

RyanEarpGW likes this.
  5. 99thmonkey

99thmonkey

I actually talked about that in my video here.

RyanEarpGW likes this.
  6. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@everybody -
    Hey guys for all of you looking for a great weapon system to use along side ShooterAI we highly recommend that you check out this asset, created by MutantGopher, called Easy Weapons in the Asset Store.

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/19365

Its easy to use and fully compatible with Shooter AI. It adds some great features that really complement our product to improve it even further. No programming knowledge is needed to use this asset, however you do have the ability to customize it as all of the code is included in the package.
    Again we highly recommend that you guys check it out and hope you like it as much as we do!

This link will take you to a demo of Easy Weapons which you can also find on the Asset Store page:
    http://mutantgopher.com/demos/easy_weapons_2/Shooter_AI/Easy_Weapons-Shooter_AI.html

hopeful likes this.
  7. randomperson42

randomperson42

Hello all, I'm the creator of Easy Weapons. I would like to say that it's true we're working on support for Easy Weapons with Shooter AI. However, the update is not released yet so the current versions of both packs don't yet have this function. I'll definitely update the Easy Weapons thread and see that this one is updated when the new release is ready.

hopeful and RyanEarpGW like this.
  8. Demonith88

Demonith88

I have similar problem as Zaddo67 but i get this

and error
    UPDATE: I fixed it its spine in ragdoll setup i put spine1 i just move spine without number and one thing i get error when AI attacking me i dont recieve any damage

Last edited: Jan 16, 2015
  9. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Demonith88 -
    Are you using ufps?
    Try reimporting the package, perhaps something went wrong during the import.
    Furthermore make sure that you have set everything up correctly.
    This might help:

Are you getting a hit indication without having damage applied?

10. Demonith88

Demonith88

Yes i use UFPS when i setup AI when he shot me it get that error but now damage but i can kill hem thou :) i will try that on video and see what i can do still grate job man nice work on that program :)

before i go this is all errors :/

Update: I fixed the Damage now i get damage i just need to set Global on damage if AI like in video

RyanEarpGW likes this.
  11. abhijeet1001

abhijeet1001

Why my Ai's Walk into walls ? like there is no collision :eek:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  12. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@abhijeet1001 -
    Could you go into a little more detail? There should be collision!

13. Demonith88

Demonith88

When making AI from Shooter Ai tool when all is set when i hit play then AI run through the walls and stuff

Offtopic: Can it be done to make own player like to be camera on head without removing the head and own arms like skyrim or battlefield

14. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Demonith88 -
    Don't forget to mark the walls as static whilst baking the navmesh.
    Do you mean it that when you for example look down you can see your body?

15. Demonith88

Demonith88

Yes but when i go to screen to see how it looks there is no head and arms only arms animated the normal what comes with UFPS i wont to be normal body player

16. thendricks

thendricks

For some reason my AI's seem reluctant to shoot each other, they seem to just walk around each other. Is there a setting which will make them shoot no matter what, then I can start fiddling with the controls

17. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

hi, the demos from the 1st page no longer work. One of them gets error and the other isnt hosted anymore.

Thanks

18. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@everybody -
    Sorry for the delay in support as we have been busy this weekend participating in the Global Game Jam.

@Demonith88 -
    Thats right UFPS does not feature the player's entire body. You would have to implement it yourself.

@thendricks -
    Have you set everything up correctly, e.g. tag of the team, bullet etc.?

@siblingrivalry -
    Thank you for letting us know. We will get them up and running in no time.

19. Demonith88

Demonith88

Is there anywhere a tutorial for that if may i ask :)

U are amazing for creating such a awesome asset i hope in other updates u will make something like that for full body :)

20. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Demonith88 -
    Not that i know of tbh.
    Thanks we really appreciate it a lot! We will definitely consider it now ;)

21. nikita68

nikita68

@Everybody -

Just FYI, my computer broke down on the second day of the Global Game Jam, but we didnt lose any files. Weve already ordered a brand new desktop and we should be able to have it set up this week. This may cause some delays, bad response times and other inconveniences, but i hope you understand.

Thanks!
    Nikita

22. thendricks

thendricks

A couple of ideas for the next versions:

• Allowing different play styles e.g. rushing, camping, support
    • Objective game-play with objective priorities
    • Non-mecanim support to allow for non humanoid objects (Aiming would have to be scripted by the user)
    • Alternate Routing (to allow flanking moves or escape routes)
    • Vehicle/Turret support (Bit far fetched)
    And also I'm not too sure on how the strafing works, could we have a tutorial on strafing.
    But at the moment I'm EXTREMELY impressed with shooter AI.

23. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@thendricks -
    Thanks you so much for the kind words, we greatly appreciate it!
    We'll definitely take your ideas into consideration. As for the tutorial video, we'll get started on that asap.

24. lucian722

lucian722

Hello i ave problems with zombie prefab,pls explain me how to set zombie hands attack in my unity ur zombie just search and found me but i need help for zombie attack setting tks

25. Pulov

Pulov

Hi. How hard would be to integrate these animations with your system?
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/publisher/5491

I need to add trops to my tank game prototype. I need that troops fight each other like in your demo and to attack also the tank.

Would like to implement the rifle anims and the cover anims.

26. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

Any ideas how to tell it if the enemy is behind a window (its were they saw like in COD zombie games) to have them attack the window then play anamation that has them jumping though

27. nikita68

nikita68

@Pulov -
    1) Adding animations should be relatively easy, though you might need to add custom logic for some more complicated animations.
    2) You just set the tank to have its own tag, then use the Multiple Tags script.
    3) They're coming in 3.0 ;)

@dustinwloring1988 - That should be possible with raycasting, but it is a lot of work and extra animations.

28. Pulov

Pulov

Okkk> I'll be monitoring this thread!

29. IndieScapeGames

IndieScapeGames

Questions for those who have purchased and knowledgeable, would this asset be beneficial in a top-down shooter, in kind of a military commander type of role? Think Company of Heroes..

30. nikita68

nikita68

@ChadM - From my perspective, as long as the simulation is done 3d space, everything should work perfectly.

IndieScapeGames likes this.
  31. IndieScapeGames

IndieScapeGames

Good to hear, thank you Nikita.

32. Ian094

Ian094

Hi, I've been using Shooter AI for a while now and I love the features and how it works flawlessly with UFPS.

I'm having some issues though and was wondering if anyone could help.

The problem is that my AI character doesn't hold the weapon, it just floats in the air (I've set CurrentWeaponIK to "Both Hands"). I think the issue has something to do with IKs but I can't figure it out.

This is what I mean :

AI_Issue.png

33. smokegun

smokegun

I having issues to my F***ing soldier won't kill the UFPS player?

34. Ian094

Ian094

You need to set your weapon's "Damage Model" to Global.

smokegun likes this.
  35. smokegun

smokegun

Thank you so much that works but my soldier is bugging as hell he walks everytime in my UFPS player???

36. Ian094

Ian094

Why do my AI always run to 0,0,0? They usually either do this after engaging or on start.

I've been trying to fix this for hours but no luck yet. I'd really appreciate any help.

37. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Intense_Gamer94 -
    I suggest watching this tutorial:

As for the other issue, we are currently working on that.

38. nikita68

nikita68

We just sent out 2.2.1 out to the Asset Store team, and i hope to get it up quickly. It solves a lot of issues, and i also believe it should solve the 0,0,0 bug.

39. hopeful

hopeful

2.2.1 is out. :)

nikita68 and RyanEarpGW like this.
  40. nikita68

nikita68

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
    rushbier and Ian094 like this.
  41. randomperson42

randomperson42

Hello all,
    As some of you probably know Shooter AI is now compatible with Easy Weapons. Now we're running a contest on the Easy Weapons thread - the winner will receive free vouchers for both Shooter AI and Easy Weapons. I don't know if @nikita68 is planning to say something more about this but I just thought I'd let you all know.

nikita68 likes this.
  42. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Can anyone tell me if this is suitable for navigation on large terrains?

43. Ian094

Ian094

From my experience with it so far, yeah it is.

99thmonkey likes this.
  44. JBR-games

JBR-games

Cover animations look great. And glad to here the 0,0,0 issue should now be solved.

Any chance the gateway team has looked into reworking the way animations are used to move the character (start using root motion of the animations)?

45. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

hi @Intense_Gamer94

did you use the unity navmesh or the a*?
    one large mesh/grid or several smaller?

My terraiN IS 6000 X 6000 I'm presuming I'll have to use several smaller grids as I don't have Unity Pro which suites me ok as not every area is walkable.

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first stab at AI.

46. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@JBR games -
    We actually have, it will be coming with SAI 3.0!

47. Ian094

Ian094

@sheffieldlad I'm using Unity Nav Mesh on a 500x500 terrain. They AI navigate around really well. You can set way-points for them to follow or simply let them wander.

My guess is it would also work well on huge terrains like yours. Just bake it and you'll be good to go.

sheffieldlad likes this.
  48. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

thanks. I'm gonna give buying this some serious thought. I'm going to see if I can bake a huge navmesh first though.

49. BuckeyeStudios

BuckeyeStudios

can we please have a tutorial on creating a zombie (melee attack) and using A* path finding

thanks

50. nikita68

nikita68

@Everybody!

As you may have noticed our support times have gotten a bit longer, and our updates a bit less frequent. This is because both Ryan and I are currently doing our finals in school, and its taking up a lot of our time. After the 12th May we will dedicate 100% of our time to Shooter AI. We ask you to understand this. :)

Also, some good news! :D

1) We're officially announcing our new product, the Gateway Soldier, as well as the Gateway Animation Pack! This will include AAA animations as well as a fully rigged soldier. And the best thing is, all Shooter AI 3 customers will get this included as well as rigged into SAI!

2) We're going to be announcing soon the alpha to Shooter AI 3.0. To smooth out launch, we're going to have a very long alpha + beta period, but any Shooter AI 2.X customers can get access. As with the 2.0 launch, just sent a PM to Ryan.

3) We're also confirming that Shooter AI Multiplayer will work with UFPS Multiplayer from launch! Its absolutely EPIC in our demos. ;)

@dustinwloring1988 -

1) Heres for melee:

2) Heres for A*:

Thanks!
    Nikita

randomperson42 likes this.