Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Shooter AI – The Ultimate Artificial Intelligence Solution

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by nikita68, Oct 8, 2013.

1. GayanJayasundara

GayanJayasundara

Hi...

I brought Shooter AI and UFPS. I am going to make shooting game using Shooter AI and UFPS. I want some tutorials how to setup Shooter AI for UFPS .

Thnaks

2. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

3. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Hi guys,

Just wondering if you had a estimated release date for the beta? August is coming soon and I just want to make sure I have my work schedule planned out.

I like plans.. :)

Thanks

4. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Muralidaran -
    We have not set a specific date yet. But it will probably turn out to be late August. We will let you know as soon as we set a date. And information on how to take part in the beta will follow soon.

Thanks!
    Ryan

5. secondToOne

secondToOne

Thanks for the product and your continuous support. I have gotten everything to a point that I am happy with.. but I am still having 1 issue that the previous 11 pages didnt really resolve for me.

Every few seconds, my AI Character's head will sometimes slowly start looking down and roll into his chest. I'm trying to find where I could just FREEZE the rotation of the neck/head on the model, as I'd rather just have it stationary as opposed to rolling around and looking crazy. Any suggestions on how to achieve this? I tried putting scripts to monitor the transform.rotation but didnt really work.

Thank you for your continual support, this is still the best AI asset I have purchased!

6. simonii

simonii

I cant get my characters to behave, their arms look mangled and they twitch, then fall to the ground. I tried filling in the "parent of bones" field as in the attached tutorial, but that option is not available. Has this problem now been fixed and I am encountering a completely different problem?

Attached Files:

7. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

they are working on a completely new version, beta will soon be released. even i am eagerly waiting.. :)

RyanEarpGW likes this.
  8. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@secondToOne & @simonii -
    Sorry for the long reply times! As Mayureshete said, we are working on a complete overhaul for ShooterAI. This will feature fixes for all of the bugs. The Beta is going to start soon and we will let all of you know how to participate in time.
    You will have to be patient, but as soon as you have access to the new version hopefully all of your problems will be fixed.

Thanks!
    Ryan

Mayureshete and red2blue like this.
  9. Alexarah

Alexarah

Hey Ryan, I'm curious of how to implement the Player into Shooter AI without UFPS. Because I'm looking into making a third person shooter so UFPS is out of the question for me. By the way I'm using Game Camera from the asset store as the main camera for my third person shooter project.

10. OnePxl

OnePxl

May not be useful to you now, but UFPS' roadmap includes a third-person controller in the near future.

11. nikita68

nikita68

Hey guys!

Sorry for being absent for a while, i've been in Russia without an internet connection, BUT i have been developing Shooter AI 2.0 with good progress along the way. We already got the core working (brain, cover system, eyes, ears, health etc...), with very nice and steady results. Right now we're working on the IK and buying AAA animations from a very good animator.

As Ryan mentioned before, we will be starting the Beta soon (2-3 weeks max) and anybody who has bought Shooter AI can get access by contacting Ryan with an order confirmation.

I will be releasing more detailed info soon, and i hope you're all as excited as we with the coming launch of Shooter AI 2.0!

12. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

you can use any third person controller free or paid in asset store, and you just need to make sure you have get familiar with the shooter AI "Tag" assignment to work with any third party controllers..

in the demo of Shooter AI in runtime environment just change any AI tag to "player" all other bots will start to target him

RyanEarpGW, nikita68 and Alexarah like this.
  13. Alexarah

Alexarah

Thanks Mayureshete for the advise and I never even thought of approaching it that way. I'll be sure to look into that and thanks again for helping me bro!

RyanEarpGW and nikita68 like this.
  14. thendricks

thendricks

Sending the message "ApplyDamage" will make the AI's take damage, write this if you aren't already using it, in your Gun script

Code (CSharp):
    1. hit.gameObject.SendMessage("ApplyDamage", 10, SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReciever);
    the hit refers to the raycast hit

Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  15. uvavoo

uvavoo

Hi, I'm having problems. In the AIController Child (script). I have tried to change a setting in the 'About AI Character' section namely the Y coordinate of the 'Relative Eye Height', but it refuses to 'stick', always changes back to the default 1.5 value. (note I am changing these values in edit mode not Play mode). I need to change this value otherwise the AI does not shoot at the player for some reason. Any help would be appreciated.

16. nikita68

nikita68

@thendricks - Thank you very, very much for your help.

@uvavoo - You can try changing the value directly of the AIStateManager.

@everybody!

Heres a video of the features of 2.0:

hopeful, John-G and Mayureshete like this.
  17. uvavoo

uvavoo

Thanks. But where is the variable in the AI State Manager?

18. nikita68

nikita68

Its called "Enemy Height" in AIStateManager. Its in the lower half.

19. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Looked good, and the soldiers didnt fell off the ground ;) and the animations/physics looked clean even after death.

I am sure many of us have bought shooter AI with the advertised modularity, so what i mean is, i am expecting to use shooter AI in following manner,

Import the character > apply scripts> change the available variable values in Inspector window > set patrolling waypoints.

I might be missing a step or two above, but eagerly looking forward for the further development news..

RyanEarpGW, red2blue and nikita68 like this.
  20. nikita68

nikita68

Just found out why the AI were acting weird in the video: i was doing tests with fear before and they had a really high setting :D

21. uvavoo

uvavoo

@Nikita - Doh!, just me being stupid. Because I had used a prefab, I had to 'Apply' the changes, then they stuck!

Just a further question or two.
    1 I can't seem to get my AI to seek cover. Always runs up to me. How and what do I change to get it to behave more intelligently.
    2 When I shoot the AI from a distance, AI doesn't react at all!!?? (unless he sees or hears me) Just stands there taking the hits!
    3 Is there a value I can put in to stop the AI character coming too close (always comes very close). I would like to tell the AI to not come any closer than say 10 metres. Is this possible?

Finally, I look forward to the new release, looks like you have listened and acted on comments/criticisms. If you need any help testing or whatever I would be happy to help.

22. simonii

simonii

Looking forward to version 2, my game has been on hold for a while.

23. thendricks

thendricks

an idea for the IK in version 2 would be additive aiming, using mecanim blend trees, this doesn't only look much more realistic it also runs far better

Mayureshete likes this.
  24. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

Also multiple enemies, like more than one "enemy tag".

hmm, hope you get what im saying lol...o_O

25. DGordon

DGordon

Hey,

I already picked this up a while ago ... just deciding if its the proper thing for my current project. I'm going to have a mix of melee / ranged / casters as enemies (semi-rpg) ... can Shooter AI allow an enemy to choose what action he should take depending on (xyz)? As in, pick which spell he should cast, or go melee, etc?

Also, is there any way to get the AI to dodge incoming projectiles (ie: the wheel of time game,
    ) by sidestepping if a hostile projectile is approaching? If not, any idea how hard that would be to graft into the overall package?

Thanks!,
    Dale

[Edit -- PS: I didn't watch the video, at work ... if this doesnt show what I mean just let me know, I watched a couple that did earlier ...]

26. Weezel

Weezel

I'm trying to test this out with the UFPS system using melee attacks. When I equip the UFPS mace and hit an AI enemy it doesn't seem to do any damage. I just watched the tutorial for this and I got the ranged UFPS weapons to work just fine. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

27. thendricks

thendricks

I have footage of my game using shooter AI, feedback/questions are welcome and please like the video

uvavoo likes this.
  28. simonii

simonii

Hows Shooter AI version 2 coming along?
    Looking forward to it.

29. Muralidaran

Muralidaran

Yeah. Any word on a release date yet? I am starting to eye other AI options.....

30. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

Sorry for the long reply times!
    @Everybody -
    Shooter AI Version 2 beta will be starting next week! To participate you'll have to contact me with an order confirmation.

@Weezel -
    We will be uploading a tutorial concerning your problem asap.

@DGordon -
    This is possible. The AI should by default if in possession of a melee weapon choose to use this when close enough.
    Could you explain what you mean a little more in depth?

@uvavoo -
    This might be useful:

Try increasing the AI's hearing range and see if it makes a difference. If not please let me know.
    Finally try increasing the min distance to destination in the AI movement controller.

Thanks!!
    Ryan

31. simonii

simonii

Good news!

32. Deleted User

Deleted User

I've seen a few people ask about trying this with 2D. I'm working on a 2D* sprite based top down game. (2.5D in the sense that some levels might have a mezzanine, and that some objects like tables are only good cover if you're ducking.)

Has anyone had any luck applying this on a 2D spite based game?

Or, to the developer, could you guess as to what kind of compatibility issues might come up with a 2D game? Would it be a question of optimization and turning a few things off? Or quite a bit more work?

This is the kind of thing that people would gladly pay for! (Myself included.)

33. GenOli

GenOli

Will Shooter AI 2.0 be a patch for existing customers or new purchase?

Does Shooter AI 2.0 fix the bug where you run behind the AI and it takes ~10 seconds to start attacking you again?

34. Dumad123

Dumad123

I am having a bug where the ai instead of crouching goes halfway through the ground. Any clue what to do?

35. Setmaster

Setmaster

Hey Ryan, sent you a pm about the beta.

36. uni7y

uni7y

Me too :)

37. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@Everybody -
    Sorry for the long reply times guys I've been a little busy. From now on the support will be more regular again!
    Thanks for all the interest in the Shooter AI v2 Beta, it is really helping us out a lot!!
    If you want to participate send me your order confirmation either via pm or e-mail.

@Setmaster - & @spotdot2 -
    Just saw it and sent you the beta :)

@Dumad123 -
    Are you using Shooter AI v1 or V2 Beta?

@GenOli -
    Shooter AI V2 will be a patch for existing customers.
    Definitely should be fixed!

Thanks for all the support all of you have given us by posting here!!!
    Ryan

hopeful, red2blue and chelnok like this.
  38. eliteslayer

eliteslayer

Would it be possible for a future update for the AI to be able to throw grenades and also die from grenades and knife kills? I cant seem to get it to work thank you! Also i just heard about Shooter Ai V2! is it going to be replacing the Shooter Ai or will we have to buy another package? Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  39. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@eliteslayer -
    That would be possible and it sounds like something we would implement into Shooter AI V2 which will replace V1 after its full release. If you'd like to be part of the beta just send me your order confirmation and i'll send you a copy.

Thanks!
    Ryan

40. thendricks

thendricks

Is there a release date for v2

41. RyanEarpGW

RyanEarpGW

@thendricks -
    Have not set a release date yet. We will let all of you know as soon as we do.

Thanks!
    Ryan

42. Venged

Venged

The links to the manual are not working. How can i get the manual? Thanks

43. Mayureshete

Mayureshete

44. Venged

Venged

45. nikita68

nikita68

Hello everybody!!!

Everybody who has a access to either SAI or SAIM 2.0 Beta, update as soon as possible! We're coming close to a release. :)

Requests for tutorials/documentation for 2.0 are now open! Send them best to Ryan, as he's handling our beta procedure.

Thanks!
    Nikita

Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
    Mayureshete likes this.
  46. nikita68

nikita68

Huge beta update out! The IK now looks really AAA. :D

id0 and Mayureshete like this.
  47. nikita68

nikita68

Seeing we're coming closer to the release, we wanted to remind you that the prices for both SAI and SAIM will go up by $20 with the release of 2.0. Be sure to get our products while they're cheap! :)

48. uvavoo

uvavoo

Is this new version in the original download location?

49. nikita68

nikita68

50. Pulov

Pulov

A teaser video would help to jump in. Because saying that a feature is AAA is easyer than amking it and recently in other assets there has been tons of txt about how AAA an asset was without showing a sh*t.