Search Unity

Shaders from assetbundle are broken on MacOS

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by pahe, Jul 20, 2015.

1. pahe

pahe

Hi.

I'm currently having some issues with my shaders I load from my assetbundles. Weird thing is, that it only happens on MacOS. Windows, Android and iOS version are fine though.

When I load my battle scene, I load the terrain and all other props from my assetbundle. You can see in the screenshot that the used shaders are not lighted correctly or are rendering the textures in pink (clearly a sign of something broken in the shader, as the material has all references set correctly).
    Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-20 um 12.38.51.png Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-20 um 12.39.06.png Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-20 um 12.39.15.png

In the case of my background billboard, I use a shader "Unlit/Transparent Cutout" from NGUI. Now, if I choose again the shader from the drop down in the menu, everything liks fine again, but I have to do it everytime I start the game in the editor.

Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-20 um 12.39.33.png Bildschirmfoto 2015-07-20 um 12.39.28.png

Again, it works fine in Windows editor, Android and iOS. I also adjusted my assetbundle build script to explicitly include all shaders, but it didn't solve the problem.

Has someone else a tip what else I can try to fix the problem? It's pretty annoying and I fear that this may at some point cause problems in one of my other platforms.

Thx 4 help!

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. rmoussouni

rmoussouni

its weird. I got that problem on iOS too.

I got a lot of problem with asset bundle too.

what version unity are you on? 5.1.2 for me.

3. pahe

pahe

Same for us.

It seems to be related to OpenGL rendering, but we haven't figured out yet how to fix it. It's pretty annoying as most of us are working with Macs where the bug appears.