Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

SHADER - Epic Mickey 2 - Shader Paint

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by Deleted User, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

1. that link leads to youtube anyway
    2. there are many effects in the vid
    3. bye

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

The only effect it's the propagation effect when the paint hit with the object, and this position occure the propagation effect, I would like to know about just the propagation effect.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Looks like simple decals because vertex blending would not be so predictable. So it's not a shader technique, but decals instead.

For something where you're spraying paint you would probably need a different approach, but this looks like decals. You can tell because the same texture clearly overlaps multiple times in proximity.

5. Michal_

Michal_

I think OP isn't talking about the decals but about that effect where the semi-transparent objects are "painted into existence". For example, 2:30 in the video. Am I right? This effect is usually used to fade objects out in games. To burn/dissolve dead bodies for example. Something like this. Here it is used the other way, to fade objects in. It could also be used to blend between two materials..

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yes, this effects it's created by shader, not with decals, the decal it's just a projection texture, in this case it's a propagation mask to blend 2 diferente materials or textures... mi question is about how to get the position to start the propagation about vertex.

7. Michal_

Michal_

I used Physics.Raycast() in that video. Get a world space position of the ray/object intersection, send it to shader and compute distance to vertices...
    Just google "dissolve shader" if you want more information. I'm sure there's plenty of examples.

Edit: found you a nice tutorial

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

Great, thanks for the help this is a good one

Thanks,
    Deo