Search Unity

Shade(title un-confirmed)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Bulslayer90, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Bulslayer90

Bulslayer90

I figured it was about time i got focused on a project so i could actually get something done and published in Unity for once rather than just playing around with stuff. I started this fps shooter about 2 weeks ago. The game takes place in the future where mankind has developed tech to colonize distant planets. The story of the game is very much still in the works but you play as a cyber inhanced biped police dog with a plasma cannon for an arm. The story i have solid so far is that a local mining facility has fallen prey to the planets natural residences, Giant Alien Bedbugs, lol because spiders and cockroaches are over used. Along with her human partner Izzy Cyball fights to uncover what has happened to all the colonists. The company that owns the facility doesn't want news of the bugs to get out so they pay off someone to sabotage you're ride and leave you stranded on the planet hopping the bugs will finish you off.

(As of 4/10/2015) This game is well underway in production and there is currently a working alpha test demo available for both pc and mac, caution: I don't own a mac system so the mac version is not currently supported, I.E. I don't know if it actually works or not but a friend requested I make a mac version of the game so the App folder is available. This Link will take you where you can download either alpha build: https://drive.google.com/folderview...FLWEt2WXlIZjRuMDRMSklhMEd4ZFV0ZFE&usp=sharing

Last edited: Apr 11, 2015
    smitchell and Flamingo321 like this.
  2. jtok4j

jtok4j

Greetings,

It looks interesting and you've got a lot of details written out here. What would be helpful would be a few more screenshots or videos of gameplay, to provide a bit more imagination for the rest of us to be excited about!

Hope to see something more soon. :)

3. Peter Ples

Peter Ples

I like the dog or wolf guy

4. Bulslayer90

Bulslayer90

still working on things for the playable demo, but i took some time earlier today to work on a level not in the demo and I figured i'd share what i did as it does bring up a really important point noob devs need to be aware of. The playground in this scene seems rather sad and disappointing doesn't it? Well this is me using the Environment to help tell the sad story of how TrueOre cheaped out when they built this place. When you are making a game it is really easy to forget the environment tells as much of a story as anything else to a player, this makes it important to insure your Enviros are telling the same story as everything else. Shade 19.png

My models aren't the greatest, neither are my textures, I'll be the first to admit that, but I am at least trying to give my maps the detail they deserve. Bathrooms in living quarters areas don't just have the typical bath, toilet, sink, mirror routine, I added an open towl and toiletry cabinet with towls and toilet paper role stacks as their own objects because...well...because those are things you typically find in a bathroom. The Kitchen area is a now functional area complete with oven, stovetop, sink as well as a big fridge, pantry and metal shelves for storing plates, glasses and other supplies. Shade 18.png

I'm also trying to be careful not to put objects in places they don't belong....red metal fuel barrels don't belong in a water filtration plant for example. Things like card board boxes are great because they are generic and can go just about anywhere. Metal shelves to a lesser extent, they don't belong in hallways along with chairs or other easy to push items that are often used as barriers to block player paths. This doesn't bother everybody but people like me get annoyed when we can't simply push that stuff out of the way.

5. Bulslayer90

Bulslayer90

https://drive.google.com/folderview...FLWEt2WXlIZjRuMDRMSklhMEd4ZFV0ZFE&usp=sharing

The demos are finally updated, once again Mac users, i dont have one so i don't know if that app folder works or not, I didn't zip it cause i've read bad rumors that unity has the habit of breaking Mac app folders when zipping them on a Windows computer.

(Problem fix: I just remembered I didn't fix a trigger collider next to the pool in level 4, this trigger makes Cyball comment on a keycard in the pool and updates the objective so the player can access the Water Filtration Facility. I have updated the demo folders with the trigger fixed so walking anywhere in the general area of where the trigger object is next to the pool should trigger it), sorry for the oops.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015