Search Unity

Setting readable flag on textures loaded at runtime?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by independentcreator, Nov 12, 2009.

1. independentcreator

independentcreator

Is there a way to set the Readable flag to true on textures loaded from the Resources directory at runtime?

In particular: I'm attempting to use Texture2D.PackTextures at runtime. If I do so with the textures I've read from the Resources folder, I get:

"Texture atlas needs textures to have Readable flag set!"

There are quite a few textures in the Resources folder, however, and going through and checking a box for hundreds of them is unrealistic. I can't find anything in the documentation about passing a flag to Resources.Load or similar.

2. jonas-echterhoff

jonas-echterhoff

Unity Technologies

You cannot change the readable setting at runtime. You could, however, automate the clicking of checkboxes using an editor script, using TextureImporter.isReadable.

3. independentcreator

independentcreator

4. alok-kr-029

alok-kr-029

HI I am downloading a texture of type png from server at runtime ,Now I have to add polygon collider and use it.
    its working fine on editor but not for other devices after rnd I found out I have to enable readable and writable at runtime .. is it possible plz help