Search Unity

Server ONLY works in Firefox

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by okiwanben0bi, Oct 30, 2014.

1. okiwanben0bi

okiwanben0bi

I grabbed an old project to get the network code from it.
    It's a networking-test-project (nothing more here except a player-model and a level-model), so I added the whole thing.

I wanted to make a server application (run in background...), but it seems, that it only runs in Firefox.

I tried to make a server with firefox, google chrome, internet explorer, and standalone windows x86_64 application.

Did not work with 127.0.0.1, local IP and external IP (except firefox, where I only tested 127.0.0.1)

Server and client on the same machine. Is that the problem?

If it works for you, tell me. Then it is a network fault here.

(Chrome does not even ask for the firewall stuff.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

2. JamesPro

JamesPro

Umm... The Server should be a Stand along application not a web Application. You can make the Client a Web Application but you would still need a VPS, Dedicated, or Cloud Host to run the Server Application on.

3. appels

appels

If your only testing and developping, you don't need a VPS or dedicated server.
    Even running the server in a webplayer is perfectely fine.
    Just make sure the player doesn't pause when you have the second windows open.
    Application.runInBackground = true;
    And if your running server and client on your pc or laptop, use the loopback address to connect to the server.

4. okiwanben0bi

okiwanben0bi

I tried to make a standalone server but it did not work with anything, not even with a standalone client.
    Also, I tried every of the three IPs: 127, 192 and the remote one.

Maybe it's a network issue. Did it work for you?