1. Missing a module? More about the new installer in 5.3 here
  2. VS Code Unity debugger extension preview
  3. Unity Developer Contest here

Selling on the Unity Asset Store - Earn 70% each sale, non-exclusive!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Snupiman

Snupiman

Hey caitlyn,

I was wondering if it;s possible to publish assets to asset store as community. We are currently working on 14 day Unity Slovakia Challenge project from which we will have an asset that we would like to publish to Asset Store.

Is it possible for a community to be a publisher?

2. squared55

squared55

After releasing a product on the store, what would be the fastest way to get in touch with the asset store team?

3. nasos_333

nasos_333

Is there a way for publishers to see the distribution of scores on an asset ? This is extremely useful to gauge the current state of the system, possible issues that can cause downvoting that may have mot been grabbed during testing etc

A simple reference of how many 1-2-3-4 and 5 stars are in the hidden scores would be great to have as preview option.

4. Killbix

Killbix

5. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

You can't; it's up to Unity to pick them. Keep in mind there are thousands of assets on the store.

--Eric

6. Killbix

Killbix

thx
    thx for the answer

7. QFSW

QFSW

Is VAT taken before or after we get our 70% cut? I'm assuming the latter, but official word would be nice
    Do we need to deal with VAT manually or is it done before we are paid?

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

If you want to promote your asset, start a topic about it; don't post in this topic. This topic is a discussion about selling on the asset store.

--Eric

9. Xamur

Xamur

Ok, I'm sorry! :)

10. Executioneer

Executioneer

I was planning to release an plugin on the AssetStore. It is my first one so far, so I hope this is the right place to ask some questions.

I wanted to inquire if Unity helps you out with anything in the process of selling the asset, whether it be marketing or community building or any other help for that matter. I know they can discount it, which probably gives you visibility and what have you, but that's as far as I know.

11. TonyLi

TonyLi

A bunch of developers have put together a list of tips here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/how-to-make-better-code-assets-for-the-asset-store.366355

For discounts, make sure to fill out the Asset Store Sales Sign-up Form on the Info tab of your Asset Store Publishers administration page. The waiting list is quite long. It might take more than a year to get on a sale.

The rotating carousel on the Asset Store's front page is curated. If a new product catches their eye, or if a product fits a certain theme, it might make it on.

Once you're selling on the store, contact the Asset Store folks to request an invitation to the asset publishers Google group where you can communicate with other publishers and the Asset Store devs. One of the tips shared there recently is that YouTube is a major avenue into the Asset Store. Make sure to include links to your product(s) and your publisher page in each video's description.

And good luck!

12. Executioneer

Executioneer

That's a really good thread going on and thanks for the tips.