Search Unity

Scripts cannot access internet in Editor?!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Mikeysee, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Mikeysee

Mikeysee

I posted this on Answers but got no reply so I thought I would repost here in the hopes a Unity staff may pick it up!

This is a really strange one, im not sure whats going on but it looks like none of my scripts can access the internet when running in the editor. When running on iOS or Android they are totally fine.

They used to work just fine, I cant remember at what point that they stopped working. I have a number of third party libraries, could one of them somehow be interfering with Unity's ability to talk to the internet?

Is there some setting in Unity "DisableInternetConnection" or something?

This is really strange!

2. Mikeysee

Mikeysee

Anyone have a clue on this one? Its really annoying and strange..

3. Graham-Dunnett

Graham-Dunnett

Administrator

Your question doesn't really give enough information about what's happening/not happening. What is your script code that cannot connect to remote servers? What errors do you get? Does the console show anything?

4. Mikeysee

Mikeysee

Well its anything that needs to connect to the internet. So UnityAds, Unity Analytics, Soom.la, HeyZap etc etc are all failing their connection to the internet. It used to work a few weeks ago, im not sure what has changed. They all work when on a device, just not in the editor..

EDIT: Application.internetReachability returns "ReachableViaLocalAreaNetwork"

Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  5. Mikeysee

Mikeysee

Still happening to me, I really dont want to have to create a new project and remove things one by one to get to the bottom of it..

6. jshrek

jshrek

What happens if you create a new empty project with simple "connect to internet" only script? Can this new project connect?

7. Jaimi

Jaimi

Did you change the build target to something else, like Web Player perhaps?

8. Mikeysee

Mikeysee

Nope, its on Windows Desktop as per usual. Its really strange..