Search Unity

Utilities Script Inspector 3

Discussion in 'Tools In Progress' started by Flipbookee, Aug 10, 2013.

1. schplurg

schplurg

Nooope ;)

Building for iOS. I'll try it again soon and see what happens....

Nope, same error, and my Si3 script pages go blank

:(

2. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Can you please send me your Editor.log?

3. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@Flipbookee : I will find the signature of the error and send you later, still quite rush right here :D Also, I got a bad news for today, and it's really bad that I still not know why it happens in the first place ... seems not be able to reproduce here... SI3 stop working after that, can not save my modification, can not make SI3 to recompile scripts ... so I need to open the file in another editor then copy / paste from SI3 ...

Code (CSharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. ScriptInspector.CsParser.Tokenize (System.String line, .FormatedLine formatedLine) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/CsParser.cs:866)
    3. ScriptInspector.CsParser.LexLine (Int32 currentLine, .FormatedLine formatedLine) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/CsParser.cs:193)
    4. FGTextBuffer.FormatLine (Int32 currentLine) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextBuffer.cs:2334)
    5. FGTextBuffer.UpdateLexer (Int32 fromLine, Int32 toLineInclusive, Boolean keepLastChangeId) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextBuffer.cs:2222)
    6. FGTextBuffer.UpdateHighlighting (Int32 fromLine, Int32 toLineInclusive, Boolean keepLastChangeId) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextBuffer.cs:2170)
    7. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.ProcessCodeViewCommands () (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:5368)
    8. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.DoGUI (Boolean enableGUI) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:3138)
    9. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.DoGUIWithAutocomplete (Boolean enableGUI) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2580)
    10. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.OnWindowGUI (UnityEditor.EditorWindow window, UnityEngine.RectOffset margins) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2459)
    11. ScriptInspector.FGCodeWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGCodeWindow.cs:1022)
    12. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
    Flipbookee likes this.
  4. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@thienhaflash, you must be using a beta version of Si3 - there's no line 866 in CsParser.cs anymore :p but thanks, I'll check is that something that may still happen in the latest code. Can you please send me that line just in case if I can't find it in my older code?

5. schplurg

schplurg

Sent via PM/private conversation :)

6. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks! I've activated a new trial key on my Mac, so I can try it myself... and I get the same error... investigating...

7. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@schplurg, may I ask what is your Mac model? Or the processor type if you know? I'm downloading an update for Xcode. Can't open the source project with my outdated version :p

On a side note, I got really depressed after realizing that only 0.0015% of the registered Unity developers own a Si3 license! 20% of that happened in September 2012... Maybe I'm good at making cool stuff for Unity, but I seriously suck at marketing. Feel free to ask me for advice if you want to suck too and learn from the best :p

Fronne likes this.
  8. schplurg

schplurg

It's a hackintosh, maybe that has something to do with it? It runs all software great.

Intel Core i7-3770K Quad-Core Processor 3.5 GHz 8 MB Cache LGA 1155 - BX80637I73770K

I downloaded Si3 because I hate some of Monodevelop's behaviors. Sometimes when I open a file it closes other tabs or reloads itself, and I don't use debug so I don't need that. Unity would freeze for 30 seconds or longer (or forever) and I read Mono may be a culprit. Hasn't happened yet since I downloaded Si3, though Unity will crash sometimes, as usual.

I have no problems with the hackintosh with any other software besides Unity so I don't think it's my machine. If Si3 cured the constant freezes then that alone was worth the switch! I use it full time as my code editor now. I don't require some of the other features that Monodevelop has so I don't miss it one bit.

If you need more info let me know. I'd really like the shortcuts to work, though in a way it's nice to hit ctrl-S and accidentally save my scene all the time :) On the other hand, undo and redo shortcuts drive me a bit crazy.

My game, Daredevil Dave, did very well in the appstore so I guess I'm okay with the marketing advice ;) We'll see how the sequel does though.

I think Si3 is awesome and I'm glad I found it. Maybe Unity should buy you out and add it to their editor :D

Fronne and Flipbookee like this.
  9. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks @schplurg! It feels great to know how people find my work useful! :D

I just realized I suck at math as well - the correct percentage is 0.015% which makes me feel 10 times less bad now :p

Fronne likes this.
  10. SpectralRook

SpectralRook

Maybe it would help if assetsreporter.com were to review SI3. Since they say they "test and review the very best of the Unity3D Asset Store", they pretty much have to review Script Inspector. Not sure how they would prefer to be contacted. They have a forum account Assets Reporter , a forum thread and twitter @AssetsReporter.

Flipbookee and Fronne like this.
  11. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Bad news for today, just type

Code (CSharp):
    1. new Color().
    Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidOperationException: objectCreationExpression
    2. ScriptInspector.FGResolver.GetResolvedSymbol (ScriptInspector.BaseNode baseNode) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:9646)
    3. ScriptInspector.FGResolver.GetCompletions (IdentifierCompletionsType completionTypes, ScriptInspector.BaseNode parseTreeNode, System.Collections.Generic.HashSet`1 completionSymbols, System.String assetPath) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:9560)
    4. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    5. ScriptInspector.FGResolver:GetCompletions(IdentifierCompletionsType, BaseNode, HashSet`1, String) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:9604)
    6. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:Autocomplete() (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:6049)
    7. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:DoGUIWithAutocomplete(Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2587)
    8. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:OnWindowGUI(EditorWindow, RectOffset) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2464)
    9. ScriptInspector.FGCodeWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGCodeWindow.cs:1024)
    10. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Flipbookee likes this.
  12. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@SpectralRook, Thanks man, I'll try that! :)

@thienhaflash, Si3 wouldn't rock as much as it does without your help!!! Very nice find! Seems like I've forgotten a few things in that part of the code :p - Si3 version 3.0.2 will be released later today...

13. Fronne

Fronne

What about the 24 Hour Sale? When I look at myself, 90% or more of all my Assets I purchased with the 24H Sale or one of the other Sales from Unity. I have over 150 Assets right now and only use 5 or 6 of them in my current project...

I never heard about most of these Assets before the Sale, but every day (even on my vacation) I just have to go there and see if there's something I like. I think most people will wait for a Sale to buy something unless they really need it...

Si3 was on my wish list with 80 more Assets for a long time, I knew about the Discount you offered before the "Code Completion Version" but the price wasn't the issue for me waiting so long. I would never purchased Si2 without Code Completion, after some time it just slipped my mind. I was looking for another Asset and in the results Si2 came up again and I remembered it and wanted to see the progression. After visiting the forum I decided to go for the Beta, I didn't even thought about installing Si2. Perhaps others are waiting for Si3 but don't know Code Completion is done...

Nobody want to pay more than necessary, everybody likes a Sale, if I where you I would increase the price for Si3 a little bit and offer it for 50% of the price every now and then at the 24H Sale...

Si3 is worth every penny but if only 0,05% of all Registered Unity Users heard about it, your not doing so bad. Can you imagine what happens if 10% of them hear about Si3... ;)

Cheers,
    Franco Palmieri - Fronne

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Flipbookee likes this.
  14. Fronne

Fronne

I agree 100%...

Flipbookee likes this.
  15. Fronne

Fronne

Hi Flip,
    I still miss the CONTROL + ' option, directing me to the online Unity Scripting API, any news?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2015
    Flipbookee likes this.
  16. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Whoops! I totally forgot about that :p I'll add it to today's release

Fronne likes this.
  17. Fronne

Fronne

Thanks!!!

18. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Ha, ha! I just implemented the double-click on SI Console log entries for exceptions thrown by methods inside Unity, .Net, or any precompiled DLL. Now it jumps to the line where the call-stack comes from your scripts! :D The built-in Console can't do that :p (at least in Unity 5.1)

Now you'll be able to double-click a logged exception such as this one:

mcmorry likes this.
  19. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Bad news for today

Code (CSharp):

Flipbookee likes this.
  20. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

He, he, that's the same as the one in my last post above. I've found it and it's fixed already ;)

This and the other fixes were supposed to be released already, but Si3 started learning a new trick yesterday and it was having trouble understanding it until now, so version 3.0.2 will be coming later today... It's a cool trick, you'll like it :cool:

21. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

The line's code currently is
    Code (CSharp):
    1. var inactiveLine = formatedLine.regionTree.kind > FGTextBuffer.RegionTree.Kind.LastActive;

Flipbookee likes this.
  22. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Thanks @thienhaflash! I fixed a similar crash today, but it was followed with some other exceptions? Did you have that as well?

Si3 version 3.0.2 will have this fix and a couple of other fixes related to extension methods and overloaded methods, an option to use online Unity Scripting Reference instead of your local copy, automatic suggestions for enum literals and constructors after typing "new" (that's the trick Si3 learned these days), and will include the two file opening extensions posted here (so you'll have to remove your own copies of those if you have them). :cool:

23. schplurg

schplurg

Any news on the Keyboard shortcut error I was getting?

24. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Bad news for today

Code (CSharp):

25. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Oh, @thienhaflash there's a new version available on Asset Store! It was released two days ago and I see now I only posted about that here - I should have done that here as well, I guess... Take the update, it's a great one, you won't regret doing that! ;) In version 3.0.2 you are getting auto-suggestions for enums and constructors after typing "new", of course if the type expected there is known. :D There are a lot of fixes as well, mostly related to the recently added features - extension methods, resolving method overloads, and generic methods, and also smooth scrolling.

Thanks for finding this issue! I'll check is it still present in v3.0.2... Is there any known repro case?

@schplurg No news, I was busy trying to get the most recent release out, and then people started freaking out about it in the official thread and on Twitter, so I was all busy with that. ;) I was also hoping @inventor2010 will show up from somewhere and rescue the situation :p

You guys follow my Twitter account, right? :rolleyes: It's @FlipbookGames, see you there soon ;)

26. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

@Flipbookee Actually my AssetStore always saying that SI3 is of version 3.0.1 :( never know why ...
    Anyway, I'm busing with something, can not update right now, just paste here so maybe you can have a look first .. The line number is different but the code should be somewhat similar, I will post together with the line of code in the mean time. Will check the assetstore once I finish working on this ...

Code (CSharp):
    1. var inactiveLine = formatedLine.regionTree.kind > FGTextBuffer.RegionTree.Kind.LastActive;
    Code (CSharp):
    2. ScriptInspector.CsParser.Tokenize (System.String line, .FormatedLine formatedLine) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/CsParser.cs:579)
    3. ScriptInspector.CsParser.LexLine (Int32 currentLine, .FormatedLine formatedLine) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/CsParser.cs:209)
    4. FGTextBuffer.FormatLine (Int32 currentLine) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextBuffer.cs:2335)
    5. FGTextBuffer.UpdateLexer (Int32 fromLine, Int32 toLineInclusive, Boolean keepLastChangeId) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextBuffer.cs:2223)
    6. FGTextBuffer.UpdateHighlighting (Int32 fromLine, Int32 toLineInclusive, Boolean keepLastChangeId) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextBuffer.cs:2171)
    7. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.ProcessCodeViewCommands () (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:5392)
    8. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.DoGUI (Boolean enableGUI) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:3162)
    9. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.DoGUIWithAutocomplete (Boolean enableGUI) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2596)
    10. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.OnWindowGUI (UnityEditor.EditorWindow window, UnityEngine.RectOffset margins) (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2473)
    11. ScriptInspector.FGCodeWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Thuan/ScriptInspector3/Editor/Scripts/FGCodeWindow.cs:1024)
    12. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

27. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

28. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Bad news for today, this time 3.0.2 :D
    Code (CSharp):
    2. ScriptInspector.MethodGroupDefinition.CollectCandidates (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 argumentTypes, ScriptInspector.Modifiers[] modifiers, ScriptInspector.Scope scope) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:3351)
    3. ScriptInspector.MethodGroupDefinition.ResolveMethodOverloads (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 argumentTypes, ScriptInspector.Modifiers[] modifiers, ScriptInspector.Scope scope) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:3472)
    4. ScriptInspector.ConstructedMethodGroupDefinition.ResolveMethodOverloads (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 argumentTypes, ScriptInspector.Modifiers[] modifiers, ScriptInspector.Scope scope) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:3657)
    5. ScriptInspector.MethodGroupDefinition.ResolveMethodOverloads (ScriptInspector.Node argumentListNode, ScriptInspector.SymbolReference[] typeArgs, ScriptInspector.Scope scope) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:3302)
    6. ScriptInspector.SymbolDefinition.ResolveArgumentsNode (ScriptInspector.Node argumentsNode, ScriptInspector.Scope scope, ScriptInspector.Leaf invokedLeaf, ScriptInspector.SymbolDefinition invokedSymbol, ScriptInspector.SymbolDefinition memberOf) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:6926)
    7. ScriptInspector.SymbolDefinition.ResolveNode (ScriptInspector.BaseNode baseNode, ScriptInspector.Scope scope, ScriptInspector.SymbolDefinition asMemberOf, Int32 numTypeArguments, Boolean asTypeOnly) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:7548)
    8. ScriptInspector.FGResolver.ResolveNode (ScriptInspector.Node node) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:9959)
    9. UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    10. ScriptInspector.FGResolver:ResolveNode(Node) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTypeSystem.cs:9965)
    11. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:GetTokenStyle(SyntaxToken) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:4352)
    12. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:DoGUI(Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:3958)
    13. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:DoGUIWithAutocomplete(Boolean) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2595)
    14. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor:OnWindowGUI(EditorWindow, RectOffset) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2461)
    15. ScriptInspector.FGCodeWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGCodeWindow.cs:1056)
    16. UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

Flipbookee and UnLogick like this.
  29. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Nice! Thanks :D

30. inventor2010

inventor2010

...And here's the rescue! :cool:... I hope! :p

I don't have Unity 4 pro on a 10.6.8 mac. But this *should* work that far back, and with 32 or 64 bit.

Unfortunately, the Objective-C compiler has changed a bit since 10.6.8, so I had to downgrade some stuff in my code. So let me know if it doesn't work!

This is just a library replacement, so you still need to install every thing else normally first. I can't test it in unity, so, what I got atm...

Attached Files:

Flipbookee likes this.
  31. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Hey @inventor2010, the 32-bit bundle works perfectly for me! Thanks a lot! :D
    @schplurg, Does it work for you?

inventor2010 likes this.
  32. schplurg

schplurg

No, but maybe I did something wrong? OSX 10.9.5 here...

- installed the keyboard shortcut package
    - removed MacKeyboardHook.bundle from assets\plugins
    - tried replacing it with 32 bit version, then deleted that and tried the 64 bit version. Restarted Unity both times to be sure.
    - still receiving the missing dll error. It scrolls through the console constantly.

DllNotFoundException: MacKeyboardHook
    ScriptInspectorMods.MacKeyboardHook..cctor () (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/MacKeyboardHook.cs:218)
    Rethrow as TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for ScriptInspectorMods.MacKeyboardHook
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.RunClassConstructor (RuntimeTypeHandle type) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Runtime.CompilerServices/RuntimeHelpers.cs:101)
    UnityEditor.EditorAssemblies.RunClassConstructors ()

33. inventor2010

inventor2010

@schplurg Are you remembering to delete the 32 or 64 at the end of the name when you put the new one in plugins?

If that's not it, try this one (it's 32bit). It's the same as above, except compiled specifically for 10.9. I don't think you should need that, but let me know if you do.

Attached Files:

34. schplurg

schplurg

Aw crap no didn't realize that, though it makes sense!!! Sorry I'll try it asap.

35. schplurg

schplurg

It works!!! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:)

ETA: I didn't download the newest version you posted.

Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    Flipbookee likes this.
  36. thienhaflash

thienhaflash

Bad news for today
    Code (CSharp):
    2. FGTextBuffer.GetTokenSpan (ScriptInspector.Leaf parseTreeLeaf) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextBuffer.cs:2348)
    3. FGTextBuffer.GetParseTreeNodeSpan (ScriptInspector.BaseNode parseTreeNode) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextBuffer.cs:2376)
    4. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.GoToSymbolDeclaration (ScriptInspector.SymbolDeclaration declaration) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:8951)
    5. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.GoToDefinition () (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:6595)
    6. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.ProcessEditorKeyboard (UnityEngine.Event current, Boolean acceptingAutoComplete) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:6704)
    7. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.DoGUI (Boolean enableGUI) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:3305)
    8. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.DoGUIWithAutocomplete (Boolean enableGUI) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2596)
    9. ScriptInspector.FGTextEditor.OnWindowGUI (UnityEditor.EditorWindow window, UnityEngine.RectOffset margins) (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGTextEditor.cs:2464)
    10. ScriptInspector.FGCodeWindow.OnGUI () (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/ScriptInspector3/Scripts/FGCodeWindow.cs:1024)
    11. System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

Flipbookee likes this.
  37. mcmorry

mcmorry

I think that an easier way to have always the updated version of this package would be to have it on the asset store, or to bundle it directly inside Si3.

Thanks @inventor2010 for your support!

Flipbookee likes this.
  38. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@thienhaflash That's from an older version of Si3 :p, please update! The error might still be valid though, I'm checking now... Do you know how did that happen?

39. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@inventor2010 Thanks man! Great job :D

I would only suggest if the 32-bit version of the native plugin works for everyone else to only distribute that instead or the one you made before that. Then there will be only one .unitypackage to import for everyone - much easier than trying one or the other one. ;)

40. inventor2010

inventor2010

Agreed! I wasn't actually sure if it'd work for all though since I couldn't test it on older machines. With compile time libraries I know mixing the 2 (32 or 64 bit) can cause issues (ie, not compile!). I wasn't sure how it'd work with dynamic ones... But, apparently it does! :p

Plan on it! :D - Just wanted to make sure it worked for everyone first. - Now just have to remember *how* to do that! :p

@Flipbookee Your welcome to just toss it in with SI if you like. It's all open source here, so it's not like I'd ever charge for it... Seems unnecessary to have a separate asset for something so "simple" and so desired!

Flipbookee likes this.
  41. inventor2010

inventor2010

My bad... It doesn't work. 32 or 64 bit would have to be detected and the library switched. I just forgot to restart Unity:(... Honestly, I kinda wanted to avoid this cause I figured 32bit would be relatively un-common. But looks like I'll have to code around that.

Flipbookee likes this.
  42. UnLogick

UnLogick

Could you make an option to make the End key break intellisense popup and jump to the end of the line rather than jump to the end of intellisense list... for me typing more specifics as well as the key right to accept more letters is the proper way to limit options to something manageable in rare cases I do use page up and page down.

Flipbookee likes this.
  43. UnLogick

UnLogick

Also I found this strange visual artifact on Unity 5.1.2 and Win7 64 bit after compiling. All indenting is tabs, both black and brown. It seems to be every indent who is exactly 3 tabs.

Flipbookee likes this.
  44. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@UnLogick, I think you're totally right about Home and End in the completion list! I don't think anyone would expect those keys to work on the list but rather to move the caret, so I'll change that right now... I must have picked that up from MonoDevelop :p Visual Studio seems to work as expected ;)

That's search results highlighting ;), you've searched for 3 consecutive tabs... It looks odd, so I'll disable highlighting of whitespaces only.

You've searched for 3 tabs unintentionally, I bet. This happens for example if you press Ctrl+F or do a quick-search without any selection, and the caret is at the beginning of line where there's no touching word to search for... I'll come up with something to avoid that!

45. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Well, this change is too trivial - you can easily do that yourself if you wish:
    1. Press Alt+Shift+O (Alt-Cmd-O on OS X) and type fglistpopup to find the file and open it.
    2. Search for "home" (no double quotes) and comment out the two "case" blocks used for handling the Home and End keys in the list.
    3. Save that, and there you go! :cool:

UnLogick likes this.
  46. Novack

Novack

Hey Flipbooke!

Im working without ScriptInspector in the current project due to contractual reasons, and thought to come up with requests for some features I use a lot on MonoDevelop:

• Right click over a member, "Find References".
    • Right click over a member, "Refactor - Rename".
    Of course I dont mention Find in Files/Project as I know you must be bored to hear from that one at this point.
    Thanks!

Flipbookee likes this.
  47. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

I see, that must hurt :p

Find in Files works in my Unity already and I found it helpful a few times. It needs a little more love before release, so expect that these days :)

Once that's done Find All References will be the first next thing and it will be relatively easy at that point. I miss this feature the most!

Once that's done the Rename feature is a trivial thing - a simple combination of find references and replace with some extra checks for conflicts with the existing code...

Thanks for bringing this up! :cool:

Novack likes this.
  48. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

PLEASE DO NOT DISABLE HIGHLIGHTING OF WHITE SPACES ONLY!
    Sometimes we do want to search for white space (eg. unintensional or left behind) to get rid of it!
    If some users unintentionally left white spaces in their search box, that's their problem. Its not a design fault!

Flipbookee likes this.
  49. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

@I am da bawss Oh, I see! It should be optional then ;)

There are two alternative solutions to unintentionally left whitespaces at the end of a line: a) make them visible; and/or b) auto-remove them on save. Would that be cool?

I am da bawss likes this.
  50. mcmorry

mcmorry

Maybe a small alert box, similar to a tooltip, near the search box that notifies that in the input there are only white spaces.

I am da bawss and Flipbookee like this.