Search Unity

#ScreenshotSaturday thread

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MutantGopher, Jun 6, 2015.

1. go0pey

go0pey

Happy Saturday! I'm not ready for a complete WIP post, but I wanted to share some shots from my robot-battling action/adventure game. The robot humanoid is (obviously) a familiar placeholder - he'll be replaced by a young boy character eventually. SS01.jpg SS02.jpg SS03.jpg

2. nasos_333

nasos_333

Playing with cloud styles and moods for my RPG.

This area will act as a central hub later in the game, when the first 4 areas have been finished.

Jamster and S4G4N like this.
  3. twistedcitizens

twistedcitizens

4. Ysgramor

Ysgramor

playing with IK and imageEffects :D
    aaa.png
    Character and weapon are from free assets store.

5. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

Character with some modular pieces for character customization, I made it just to "find" a style, it still needs lots of tweaks and polishes, though.

6. imaginaryhuman

imaginaryhuman

Progressing with my procedurally-generated environment... just integrated the rocks, but still some tweaking to do on appearance. With a procedural approach sometimes you accidentally get really nice looking results, but sometimes less so... comes with the territory. Trying to get it to be reasonable `most of the time` is my goal. This is a 'better than average' composition.

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 12.21.17 AMb.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015
  7. lloyd22

lloyd22

Hi, some new shots from our action RPG "Mighty Vikings-The Blight of Skarnolf"

mightyvikings_29_11_15_50.jpg mightyvikings_29_11_15_31.jpg mightyvikings_29_11_15_19.jpg mightyvikings_29_11_15_12.jpg mightyvikings_29_11_15_41.jpg

Not_Sure, ADNCG, AdamGoodrich and 7 others like this.
  8. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I like the feel of your terrain!
    Awesome looking game man and those textures...
    ------

Here's my screenshot for today. Open world mobile game I was making. Critters done by a coder and the girl I collaborated with. It's part of my new upcoming pack. (unfinished work)

Kona, Ruchmair, AdamGoodrich and 2 others like this.
  9. lloyd22

lloyd22

Thanks, the environment is made up of a few K4 assets packs, but has given us a good style to build on. You world looks really nice.

S4G4N likes this.
  10. S4G4N

S4G4N

go0pey, Kona and nasos_333 like this.
  11. Titutitech

Titutitech

Not_Sure, Kona, appslabs and 5 others like this.
  12. S4G4N

S4G4N

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Titutitech likes this.
  13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Stroll through my RPG woods.

14. go0pey

go0pey

Playing with ragdoll physics for some pretty fun death & explosion effects! SS05.jpg

nasos_333 likes this.
  15. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Getting 3D Radar Builder ready from the late December / Early January release !

closetgeekshow, nasos_333 and S4G4N like this.
  16. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

17. S4G4N

S4G4N

makes me think of Elite

18. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

Rightly so , We wanted to design a system that allowed game developers to create the kind of radar systems you saw in Elite dangerous and do so much more with it without ever need to write a single line of code :).

As for our game .it wont look like Elite at the end of the day.

19. StarvingIndieDeveloper

StarvingIndieDeveloper

Detail of the Red Falcon's pilothouse (new revised version):

ADNCG likes this.
  20. Titutitech

Titutitech

Today is Saturday! Yay! Time share some images from Oh My Godheads.
    Here are some character composites from screen captures taken from Unity directly:

21. PhoenixRising1

PhoenixRising1

Great looking characters. A parrot on the shoulder of the pirate would be a nice touch.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    MoonJellyGames likes this.
  22. C3P

C3P

23. nasos_333

nasos_333

Gradual dynamic moss growth for seasonal effects in my RPG.

The moss texture is applied procedurally to the bark and wall and can be adjusted per season or be removed completely in play mode. Also there are direction controls (shown in the video near the end).

A lot more nature detailing work is also in progress, with vertex color blending to the ground, wetness on grass and various other details for more variety.

24. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,

Have not posted here for a awhile.
    The latest FREE update for the Village Exteriors Kit is done and live, so wanted to show everyone just a few of the 400 new prefabs that was added.

Something very important to notice, most of the wagons are build and exported physically correct and supplied and setup with parts, with pivots and hinging in the correct places to that with code, you can make them work and operate like real ones in your game.

Cheers
    Cobus

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
    nxtboyIII, ADNCG, GameTechnix and 4 others like this.
  25. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

LOOKING AWESOME !

26. Ruchmair

Ruchmair

GameTechnix likes this.
  27. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Thought I'd show how only 4 textures, a high splat scripts and a colormap can look on a terrain with my painted pack.

Colormap

Terrain with 4 hand painted textures

28. MutantGopher

MutantGopher

Doors has changed a lot since the start of this thread:

2016-01-02_00001.jpg

macdude2, nasos_333 and Mister-D like this.
  29. S4G4N

S4G4N

Some cool new screenshots using the Village Exteriors Kit, Gaia, SpeedTree and grass from turboscalpeur

Cheers
    Cobus

30. zenGarden

zenGarden

This is real time lightening only, no baking ?

31. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi @zenGarden
    I think it is real time lighting.
    The first 4 was done by @AdamGoodrich & the last 2 by @turboscalpeur
    Sure they will come reply here with regards to any questions :);)

The buildings are my own from the Village Exteriors Kit that are part of the included assets that is provided with Gaia

Gaia's first update is coming soon with LOADS of new features and more free included assets from other publishers that with provide more greatness and give an even better out the box experience to the package owners.

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  32. zenGarden

zenGarden

Spawning houses in Gaia is useless, this good only if you are making some special games, if you target realistic you will need roads and paths between houses , orient and place them in a logical manner not randomly.

Mister-D and S4G4N like this.
  33. S4G4N

S4G4N

Users use the functionality to place them as general scattered buildings so that you do not have to go do that yourself.

Then one goes in and build the story or special locations and handcraft them as you have described.
    I love building custom hand crafted areas, can do it all day long :)

I do not think any one tool will ever be able to produce that 100% final result, that will always call for user intervention

AdamGoodrich likes this.
  34. AdamGoodrich

AdamGoodrich

A lot of what is shown off with Gaia is proof of concept. There are techniques within Gaia that can be used to make for more intelligent prefab placement, and I know there are also third party products that specialize in making roads and villages.

I view Gaia as an 80/20 thing - it can do a large part of the general environmental work for you - but you still need to actually make the game, and despite the fact that demo building placement shown above is apparently useless, it certainly makes for some lovely screen shots :)

More seriously tho - some of the beta group use the general location of the buildings, as selected by Gaia, as a way of scanning the terrain to choose locations that are actually reasonably well positioned to place their own hand crafted villages.

S4G4N likes this.
  35. Raul_T

Raul_T

Simple cave made with blender and textured in QuixelSuite

36. nasos_333

nasos_333

Some of my work on real time GI approximation in Unity 5, optimized foliage and atmospheric moods.

37. C3P

C3P

These screenshots are from a terrain i'm working on for an upcoming title.
    Special thanks go to the developer of TerrainComposer for making this possible.
    At this stage everything you see in the screenshots is placed procedurally

Performance note, i managed to keep setpass calls below 2k anywhere in the scene.

Unity shaders and tools:
    -Terrain Composer
    -RTP
    -Advanced Foliage Shader
    -Unistorm
    -Scion (with a custom LUT i made myself)

You can find more details about my work here:
    http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/terrain-generation-service.368003/#post-2439445

Last edited: Jan 23, 2016
  38. zenGarden

zenGarden

Why the demo on the Asset Store looks really bad compared to these pictures ?

Black clouds on top of blue sky looks weird.

Mister-D likes this.
  39. MutantGopher

MutantGopher

40. Mister-D

Mister-D

a WIP screen for the upcoming update of "FPS Weapons" on the asset store,showing 1 of the 3 new weapons
    thebreedscreenunity1.jpg
    note, the tripod is from a seperate package of me, i just added it to give some life to the scene

41. nasos_333

nasos_333

A new demo is coming very soon (the one i took the pics from) and uses the same system with Unity 5 features. The main difference is the use of image effects and a correction of an issue in the demo where lights moved along with the sun and thus did not always register correct as the sun moved)

The clouds can have any color at that time of day and adjustable shading also, but this is an artistic composition and not striving for realism in the specific pics.

42. zenGarden

zenGarden

On your screenshots , the Gi is applied on the upper floor, that's strange as using the plugin it reflects some GI , but it is too dark. Do you have changed some formulas also or something in the system ?
    Perhaps you will make a webplayer ? I would like to test it and see the difference.

43. nasos_333

nasos_333

If you use the Attrium demo, there is an issue where the bounce light pool is parented to the sun, which makes it move as the sun moves and thus wont work proper in all angles. The pool should be in the root to get the proper effect. Also i have done minor tweaks in the parameters, but not changed anything in the core.

I am working on this new demo and will post it soon.

44. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hey everyone,

Some new screenshots giving by @AdamGoodrich using Gaia
    A small selection of the new assets from the Wagons Update to the Village Exteriors Kit has been donated for the latest Gaia Update

Everything you see in these two first shots are included with the new upcoming Gaia Update

These are the same except @AdamGoodrich used TENKOKU as well

Important to note !!!
    Everything has been procedurally placed as well as different textures inside the homestead areas.
    Some grass was manually removed as a minor tweak

Cheers
    Cobus

45. chrissanders

chrissanders

46. macdude2

macdude2

Congratulations! I've been following this project since it beginning so long ago, looks like it could do very well! Out of curiosity, what price are you planning on charging and how long do you expect gameplay to be? Looking forward to playing it!

47. Kona

Kona

Kick-ass textures in my opinion! :) Looks really neat.

48. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Those pictures look like skyrim! So cool!
    Nice cave, actually reminds me of that scene from Starcraft 2! I also made a cave as part of game my assets...

49. MutantGopher

MutantGopher

$4.99, it's a fairly short game. Beta testers have reported playtimes generally between 1-2 hours if you actually take the time to solve the puzzles.

50. macdude2

macdude2

Nice job on the release, I'll definitely check it out! And that seems like quite a reasonable price. You wouldn't mind me asking what percentage Steam takes would you?