Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

#ScreenshotSaturday thread

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by MutantGopher, Jun 6, 2015.

1. MutantGopher

MutantGopher

The title says it all. I was actually almost surprised to see these forums didn't already have a Screenshot Saturday thread.

Edit: Also I'm gonna suggest that everyone put your images in spoiler tags in the future, that way you don't have to wait for all the images in this thread to load before seeing the new ones.

So, post your screenshots here every Saturday. I'll get it started with a shot from the game I'm working on: Doors.

dontread.png

Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. TheDarkBadger

TheDarkBadger

Small side project I've been working on, I've got it to generate islands out of Cubes (It can also do Hexs as well, Civilization style) it also randomly generates resources(In the picture you can see forests , a bunch of ores and Sugar Cane)
    upload_2015-6-6_18-49-36.png

3. Rodolfo-Rubens

Rodolfo-Rubens

The waterfall level of my farming game! :D

4. Carwashh

Carwashh

Pre-pre-pre-alpha footage of the racing game I'm working on.

5. inko

inko

Playing some games... shooting aliens... having a good time...

6. nasos_333

nasos_333

Setup made as base for my RPG camp fire (rest between combats and other functions). This will be placed at key points and can be extinguished in real time with a water spell for a special trick i have in the game.

7. Arkade

Arkade

Experimenting for environment inspiration (with Pacific Northwest asset) in my game Snowman Scuffle.
    Screenshot 2015-06-06 21.02.34.png

All thoughts and opinions welcome, especially any indifference! If it's 'meh', *PLEASE* let me know (and, ideally why) !

Not_Sure, frosted, Grimbyte and 4 others like this.
  8. MutantGopher

MutantGopher

It's #ScreenshotSaturday again, so here's another one from the game I'm working on, which by the way has been Greenlit:

room1c.png

9. g30r91

g30r91

Here's a screenshot of my new game Crafty Cube 2. If you'd like to see more - Link

_M_S_D_, frosted and Rodolfo-Rubens like this.
  10. nasos_333

nasos_333

Playing with Sky Master volumetric fog (gradient mode) for various moods and clouds styles in the upcoming Anime Countryside asset.

The volumetric grass is handled by Particle Dynamic Magic 2.0 and InfiniTREE

11. Mister-D

Mister-D

heres what i am working on, not really a game yet, but its some screenshots ;)
    screenshot2.jpg

12. inko

inko

Whooo! More #ScreenshotSaturday!

A little atmo test. But no textures because I'm a scrub...

@Mister D
    I love that expression :D

13. Mister-D

Mister-D

tnx inko, its just the models original pose, no blendshapes or skeleton in it. i like how your game is progressing , im a big fan of the alien series, your environment looks good untextured so it will look great once u put the textures on it ;)

inko likes this.
  14. S4G4N

S4G4N

Great idea :):):)

Here are screenshots from my latest package Village Exteriors Kit
    Fully modular lone standing or SUPER companion package for the Village Interiors Kit
    Using both packages, you can have seamless enter-able buildings

I have also started a BLUEPRINTS section where package owners can download more FREE prefabs
    The first 100 FREE buildings has been added less then 24 hours ago !!!

Cheers
    Cobus

15. MutantGopher

MutantGopher

Also I'm gonna suggest that everyone put your images in spoiler tags in the future, that way you don't have to wait for all the images in this thread to load before seeing the new ones.

scifipanels1.png

inko and Rodolfo-Rubens like this.
  16. nasos_333

nasos_333

WIP on Anime Countryside, with True 3D grass in Unity 5, using wind, full shadows, LOD, terrain conformation and interactivity options, using Particle Dynamic Magic 2 (http://u3d.as/71m) and InfiniTREE (http://u3d.as/aUU).

Sky Master 2 is used for the volumetric clouds, volumetric fog, lighting and sky rendering (http://u3d.as/agN)

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    S4G4N likes this.
  17. zumwalt

zumwalt

My latest project that I have started, although this is an incomplete scene, this is getting close to having the first part of this level finished, first person RPG style / rogue style game. This is the main entry point for the players, plenty more work to come.

Attached Files:

nasos_333 and S4G4N like this.
  18. S4G4N

S4G4N

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
  19. CrayderStudios

CrayderStudios

Hey guys,

This is a great idea Mutant Gopher, it's a wonder the Unity forums hasn't had a #ScreenShotSaturday thread thus far.

Here's a few screenshots and GIFs of our game Wishmere, a 2D action beat'em up with fighting game inspirations.

A typical action scenario.

One of the more complex combos, inspired by fighting games.

If you'd like to see more, check out wishmere.com or our dev log. We're working hard to get a playable build out really soon and we can't wait for everyone to get their hands on it.

Thanks guys!

20. inko

inko

@CrayderStudios
    This looks awesome!

Not sure about the spoiler tag rule. I don't think anybody is going to click on every single spoiler tag for every post. That can be up to 50 clicks per page!
    But I'd suggest a One-Image-Per-Week rule because the thread gets quite cluttered otherwhise I think.

Don't have anything to show myself but I think I hope I get something done till next weekend :)

CrayderStudios likes this.
  21. ensiferum888

ensiferum888

Last week I finally completed my prototype of wall placement code. It is now possible to completely wall off your settlement but I had no way of letting people through! Now you can place a gate on existing walls.

Each wall is made of multiple pieces (you can probably tell by the repeating textures, I really don't know how I can improve this) which are combined into bigger meshes. When the player places a gate the combined meshes are rebuilt to remove the wall pieces:

Of course with a settlement as small as this you probably won't have stone walls this early in the game this is only for testing purposes. Wooden palisades will be the next step.

nxtboyIII, frosted, ADNCG and 6 others like this.
  22. Stelitz

Stelitz

Here is a screenshot of my unfinished PSM game without name,bad quality because directly screenshotted from Vita

23. SpaceMammoth

SpaceMammoth

I have to say I love http://www.screenshotsaturday.com/ . I love the eclectic mix of styles - its an artwork in itself, and amazing it isn't abused in any way - it remains a pure window on indie dev's doing their thing, it makes me smile and there's always an intriguing or inspiring image that draws me in to find out more.

Mammoth Gravity Battles is now insanely close to being submitted to Android stores - a bit more testing to go.

Jussumman likes this.
  24. 1Piotrek1

1Piotrek1

Green.png
    I added some vegetation to my stealth game.

calmcarrots likes this.
  25. Grimbyte

Grimbyte

Procedurally generated polygonal terrain, made for a project I'm working on.

26. Archony

Archony

Happy 4th!

Voxel world, with 39 different voxel shapes (ie not all cubes; kinda like how MC has stairs & slabs). I have a bunch of procedural terrain generators, but I built them before I added these sub-voxel shapes, so I am currently in the process of rewriting the generators.

More screenshots on the project website.

nxtboyIII, Grimbyte and MutantGopher like this.
  27. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi,

Just one screenshot today.

The Village Interiors Kit HD texture Update with the addition of
    2 X Resolution Diffuse
    Normals
    Ambient Occlusion maps being added is almost complete.

This update that should be live inside the next few days, will also receive several meshes that will have all part be 100% compatible with the recently release Village Exteriors Kit.

Village Interiors Kit https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17033
    Village Exteriors Kit https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/38045

These are a tiny % of the prefabs that comes with the package with the whole package exploding with 2626 prefabs

Cheers
    Cobus

nxtboyIII, Grimbyte and Mister-D like this.
  28. Mister-D

Mister-D

use a wider texture tilling on X to avoid the obvious tilling

29. ensiferum888

ensiferum888

Problem is I'm using a texture atlas for all my buildings including the walls, I cannot tile in any directions. I guess I could simply make a separate material for the walls but since the texture will always repeat every 2 units I don't think there's a way to avoid tiling other than messing with the UVs of the final generated mesh.

Thanks for the suggestion though! I'll run some tests!

30. Mister-D

Mister-D

the ideal way to make walls is using a wide tilling x texture which is mapped to a mesh generated by a spline and a curve outline wich should be "sweeped" meshed, there is probably a plugin for this on the asset store. that will also take care of not only making rectangular walls but more smooth shapes. this is my 2 cents.really like your game @ensiferum888 keep it up!!!

ensiferum888 likes this.
  31. S4G4N

S4G4N

I used a smaller mesh object just to help break the "looooong" same texture wall>
    So maybe just a small pillar like object at regular intervals

32. Mister-D

Mister-D

yes but that doesnt solve the rectangular wall problem. decals are a good way to break tilling too

S4G4N likes this.
  33. ensiferum888

ensiferum888

Actually rectangular walls are fine for my case since the whole game is grid based. Contrary to roads I actually allow building walls in 8 directions instead of 4.

I tried looking at deforming a mesh based on a spline curve and as much as I hate to admit it it's way way beyond my skill level. So I really must fall back on this primitive method of spawning a path with a node every 2 units and then place a wall piece at every node. It's stupid simple but it works, and I understand what I'm doing!

Thanks for the suggestion @S4G4N that was one of the possible ways I could think of breaking up the tiling.

Thank you both for your help!

S4G4N and Mister-D like this.
  34. Mister-D

Mister-D

well, i was really hooked on the old age of empires series, but i was kindoff anoid by the rectangular obvious grid everything was based on. so i think newer similar games should workaround this problem, i did a quick search on the asset store and i found this splinepluginlink. it lets u clone stuff based on splines. do a quick search on the net and u will see not one medieval city is rectangular based(like usa citys). villages and citys grew and so grew the need of building walls around them. how cool would it not be to just draw a line around your village and then see a "worker" build that wall.

ensiferum888 and S4G4N like this.
  35. S4G4N

S4G4N

@ensiferum888

Those walls are part of my latest package, they modular.

I started something called BLUEPRINTS that is FREE prefabs (launched with 100)
    Have a read how works, it is easy.

Have a look, I think you will love the idea Starter FREE 100 BLUEPRINTS

Cheers
    Cobus

36. Chris3Design

Chris3Design

I did this test environment to start on a birds eye view camera system thingymabob

calmcarrots likes this.
  37. ensiferum888

ensiferum888

I'm right with you I think a spline based approach with no angle limitation would be best, unfortunately I really don't feel comfortable with that level of technical problems. Maybe for Manor Lord 2 that's definitely something I could look into.

There are some sources that clearly display a grid based town across western Europe where you had the main road leading to the castle or manor house with stalls on either sides for market days. Along that main road were secondary ones that led to people's homes and grazing lands further. Mind you it all depends on where you look I agree that the most common pattern was the organic, twisty senseless road network that we see most of the time.

Also most of the game system have been made with a grid in mind, at this point it feels like I'd throw another few months down to remake all of it. As much as I want that I think I really need to buckle up and finish the game it's been going on for 2 years (about 120 days of work)

For the walls that's exactly how it works right now, you define the "path" for the wall and then workers will build it so you can see it being built. Building stone fortifications was no cheap tasks it required a tremendous amount of money, resources and man power. It was contracted by the land owner and was "organic" at the moment of it's construction but that's it. If the city grew beyond the protection of the wall the owner would order a bigger wall to be built around it (or not). I think this is not the kind of thing I want to leave to grow and change on its own for the player. Imagine you have a contract with a neighboring town to send them a substantial amount of stones and then your population decides to take them to build new walls without your consent!! I can see a bit of whipping happening that night.

Sorry if this is getting out of scope with the thread intent.

Mister-D likes this.
  38. AKWolf

AKWolf

appslabs, nasos_333 and Grimbyte like this.
  39. Grimbyte

Grimbyte

Just an update on my low poly terrain.

Procedurally generated autumn forest w/ lake. :)

Rick-, QFSW, nasos_333 and 2 others like this.
  40. ensiferum888

ensiferum888

Really cool @Grimbyte are the trees also made procedurally or they're prefabs?

Is this for a game project or just testing procedural generation? I think it's the first time I see specular light on low poly water and I quite like it!

41. Grimbyte

Grimbyte

@ensiferum888 the trees are prefabs, but my code gives them a random rotation on all axes within a certain range. The scale of the tree is also random, and the color of the leaves is also random from a certain range. All the trees there, are the same prefab. :)

Pretty much both. I have plans to create a game at the moment, but before I get into some serious stuff I want to see what I can do with procedural generation. I was stuck between diffuse and specular for the water, but ended up choosing specular because I think it resembles real-life water more than diffuse does. I also like the 'glossy' look to it. I'm glad you like it. :)

42. MutantGopher

MutantGopher

New environments for Doors

deadwood1.png

QFSW, nasos_333, inko and 2 others like this.
  43. DefinitionUK

DefinitionUK

Our first pass of the Roman Forum (Latin: Forum Romanum). The center of Roman public life.
    www.lifeofrome.com

44. EBR

EBR

Don't even ask..... i don't know either.
    testing.gif

45. MutantGopher

MutantGopher

Please put this on the asset store. Right now.

lorenalexm likes this.
  46. EBR

EBR

haha, sure when I am all done with it

MutantGopher likes this.
  47. stationx

stationx

image.jpg image.jpg
    Mars realistic, based upon real data! Curiosity has been on this location as well.

48. S4G4N

S4G4N

Hi everyone,

The Village Interiors Kit has received the mush anticipated HD Update

The upload has also been done with Unity 5.0.0 with the contents now Unit ready out of the box

This includes the:
    - 2 x Resolution Textures
    - Normal Maps
    - Ambient Occlusion maps
    - More than 200 new meshes
    - More than 200 new prefabs

Even the FREE Blacksmith's Forge package has received the Update for you to enjoy
    Here are a few screenshots of the new look :):):)

Cheers
    Cobus

49. Carwashh

Carwashh

fieldrequired and inko like this.
  50. ensiferum888

ensiferum888

Man, your arcade has a better walk cycle than my human models..

etaxi341 likes this.