Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Samsung Tizen TV support

Discussion in 'Samsung Smart TV' started by vilnyos, Mar 10, 2016.

1. vilnyos

vilnyos

Hello!

I read lots of theme and post of the Forum but i didn't find the right answers for my questions yet. So, I would like to develop a game for my TV ( it's model number: UE48J5500 (country: Hungary) ). I saw topics about Samsung Smart TV and Tizen. This type of TV has a Tizen OS, so I'm a little bit confuse, what topic's instruction I would need to follow. I tried to ask support of Hungarian Samsung about development with Unity, but They couldn't help me in this case, ( They knew only one possibility to use application, if You get the application from the Store.... :) ). Can you give me some hints to find the right way? Is the newest Unity version supports my TV's type?

Thank you very much in advance!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  2. Jaehyun

Jaehyun

Unity Technologies

If you want to develop a game with Unity you need to choose Smart TV platform.
    But, before this, you need to get an authority from Samsung.
    Only authorized game can be uploaded in Games category.
    Samsung is trying to change this step. But I'm sure when they accept all the public games.

Thanks,
    Jaehyun

3. vilnyos

vilnyos

Hello Jaehyun and everyone!

Thank You for your quick response. It isn't clearly for me, so i would have some questions. I hope You can answer for these. Do I need to get an authority for develop to this platform or I can develop a game but It will can't be upload to Store (Games category) ? First time, I wouldn't share the others. As long as it will a test version, I will need It only to personal use. I saw Unity launcher among apps on TV, so when I want to test a project, I think i can build it and then try it on my TV. Am I right? I hope i will have more time to read the experiences users solutions and as soon as come true i needn't ask simple/dull questions. :)

Thank you!

4. Jaehyun

Jaehyun

Unity Technologies

Yes, You can develop and test your game without any authority. The only thing you remember is you can not upload your game to Samsung Apps now unless you get an authority from Samsung.

Thanks