Search Unity

samsung galaxy s2 problems

Discussion in 'Android' started by nshack31, Dec 2, 2011.

1. nshack31

nshack31

Hi all, i have created an apk and have been testing it on a samsung galaxy s2. the build settings are...

minimum api 2.0.1
    armv6 with VFP
    opengl es 2.0
    .net 2.0 subset

the galaxy is running Gingerbread 2.3.5. when i run the app the "Powered by Unity" splash appears but it goes no further. The apk works fine on other devices. the app also uses input touch phases (as ive read that these can cause issues). Can anybody offer any general advice on how to find the cause of the problem? sorry if i've been too vague.

2. nshack31

nshack31

it also fails in the emulator, im not sure if the log helps (possibly a bad idea as the emulator problem could be a different one)......

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  3. Tseng

Tseng

Without reading the log (sorry, to big. Filter it it our no one is going to read it), there could be two reasons:

a) You're using the first, buggy version of Unity3d 3.4.2 instead of 3.4.2f2. If so, download the latest and rebuild your game
    b) I've learned that Unity likes to crash if you add Analytics, AdMob or OpenFeint if then Main application is derived from "UnityPlayerProxyActivity". Deriving it from UnityPlayerActivity works, UnityPlayerNativeActivity seems to have problems if you use Java Plugins (*.jar files) to add ads, OpenFeint etc.

4. mrKaizen

mrKaizen

Hi
    me to ^_^,
    I had the same issue on my SamsungGalaxy S SCL that is powered with a 1.00 GHz CPU ( TI OMAP3630 - Cortex A8 - ARMv7), and a PowerVR SGX 530 GPU (so, your device is sure better.. ) and the solution was update the editor to 3.4.2f3.

I set on my projects (but also demos like penelope and AngryBots which is NOT available on the market for my device but works fine):

minimum api 2.0.1
    Armv7 only
    OpenGL ES 2.0
    .net 2.0 subset

I posted my problem here, and, again, the solution was simply update the editor to 3.4.2f3.

5. nshack31

nshack31

thanks so much for your help.... 3.4.2f3 did the trick :)