Search Unity

Grab Yer Assets (GYA) v3 - UnityPackage Import & Management

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Xeir, Feb 18, 2014.

1. lod3

lod3

Sigh, never got a thread notification from this. But considering how much time has past, has this feature been added to the current GYA? I haven't updated GYA since I first posted here, as it was getting overly-tedious trying to remember which assets were grouped and which weren't.

Please let me know.

2. Xeir

Xeir

Heya lod3-

That feature was added as per request back in August in version 2.14h27a. Click the Categories button, the 2nd button from the left, and select 'Ungrouped Packages'.

Hope that helps. Hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas!

3. lod3

lod3

Nice, thanks for the quick reply. Hope your holidays are going well, too.

4. Saxi

Saxi

Does this update assets? I go into the asset store inside Unity daily to check for updates and it drives me crazy how slow it is. I suspect it doesn't since I don't think Unity exposes that functionality, but I would love to be able to download assets outside of unity and get daily release notes notifications for asset changes.

5. OnePxl

OnePxl

No, it does not.

6. Saxi

Saxi

Is there a way to make it, or does Unity not expose anything that would let it do it?

7. Flipbookee

Flipbookee

Oh, such a feature would be amazing!!! I can't remember how many times I wanted to check is there an update available for an asset, but when I think how finding that out may easily take 20 minutes of my time I'd rather skip that "for now" and hope I'll remember to do that later (which will never happen).

8. Saxi

Saxi

That and having easy access to release notes for assets that changed. Right now the system sucks, it's crazy slow.

9. Fubeca

Fubeca

I bought this last night because I've gotten to the point that all my purchased assets are becoming unwieldy. I like how it is fast and lets me search by category.

I have a couple feature requests:
    • Make it so it can take my user folder (that I have dumped a backup of all my assets into due to my roaming profile being on small drive) and create folders and organize them by category. Maybe only include any that I leave in the root user folder, which at the moment is all of them. :)
    • If I download an asset and then choose to use the Backup option, it would be nice if the asset weren't listed twice for the same file and version. Perhaps some kind of indicator that it's in both locations?

10. Xeir

Xeir

As OnePxl was kind enough to mention, no it does not. I have been looking deeper into the internals but as yet, can't say what may or may not be possible on that count. For most everything else however, GYA does make things simpler as others will attest to.
    I am still working on providing an update indicator for assets along with a few other things. Time was just a tad limited more often then not recently, but things seem to have mellowed a bit. This is a feature that I certainly want as part of GYA, so I'm sure you'll hear from me.
    You'll be happy to know that folder organization for the User assets folder is something that is planned.
    Also, a UI update is planned to better handle/display multiple copies of an asset in the list. Trust me, i can relate as I currently have 23 copies (each released version) of GYA in my list for backwards testing/comparison when required.

Glad it is making things easier for you and hope that it continues to do so!

Happy New Years everyone!!

11. Saxi

Saxi

Just picked this up, looks awesome.

Had a few questions.

I set it to persist mode, but I don't see the asset in Standard Packages folder, where do you put it? I ask because there are a few packages I want to do this to myself that are not maintained by the asset store but I need for every project. For example UnityVS, I can't even edit scripts without that loaded once you install UnityVS plugin. So that's the first thing I do for all new projects. I thought about moving it into standard packages so I can always access it from the menu.

Is there a way to have multiple user folders? For example UnityVS asset is stored and updated in program files under Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for Unity.

When selecting Auto Consolidate Assets, how do you trigger this? I set this setting, but I still see lots of versions of Asset Store assets that were downloaded over time.

I know I mentioned it before, and I suspect there is no way but if there is a way to get this to update assets from store without opening up the dreaded asset store window inside of unity that would be flipping awesome. Especially if you have it do the initial download as well.

I really love the asset, Unity should have done something like this a long time ago. The promote the asset store like it is the best thing in the world, but they treat it like it's insignificant and an after thought.

12. OnePxl

OnePxl

Yes, I have multiple user folders: one for assets from GitHub, and one for assets I've modified myself.

13. Saxi

Saxi

I see there is a main user folder, and an "alternate" one for modified or whatever, but that's it. I can't see a way to add more. I'd like to keep the alternate for ones I modified but have a way to pick others for specific cases like UnityVS. I might just create a script that moves it from Program Files whenever it gets updated.

14. OnePxl

OnePxl

You'll notice a second 'Set' button under the alternate folder. Click that one.

15. Saxi

Saxi

Ahh nice, when you add one, it gives you a new set button. Perfect. Thanks! I can just set it to the parent of the Visual Studio Tools for Unity and it will list any plugin versions under there. Works great.

16. Xeir

Xeir

Well, 2015 has arrived and we're all still here .. With that, here's some new info for the new year.

UNITY 5 NOTICE: While the current 2.14 versions of GYA will work with the Unity 5 beta, it will not properly handle any functions involving the 'Standard Packages' folder due to Unity 5 replacing it with the 'Sample Assets' folder. What this basically means is that GYA will not show packages inside the 'Sample Assets' folder and 'Persist Mode' will not work.

Version 2.15+ is required to properly handle the changes that have been introduced by Unity 5.

New version has been submitted: 2.15a01c
    - Added: Unity 5 handling as follows:
    - IMPORTANT - While 'Sample Assets' is optional when installing Unity 5, this is required for GYA's 'Persist Mode' to work. Without the 'Sample Assets' folder, GYA will NOT be able to update itself, nor will it show up under 'Assets->Import Package'!
    - If running under versions OLDER than Unity 5, GYA will look for and use the 'Standard Packages' folder.
    - If running under Unity 5 or NEWER, GYA will look for and use the 'Sample Assets' folder.
    - References to 'Standard' regarding the 'Standard Packages' folder have changed to reflect the difference between Unity 5 and older versions. GYA will now show 'Standard Packages' for versions older then Unity 5 and 'Sample Assets' for Unity 5 and newer as appropriate throughout the UI.
    - GYA will now dynamically rescan the Standard Packages/Sample Assets folder when loading the existing JSON file. This is to ensure that the proper folder is displayed in the UI even when changing back and forth between versions of Unity.
    - Update: Refreshing in Offline Mode will now reload the current Offline version of the JSON file.

17. Xeir

Xeir

Heya Saxi-

Persist Mode: When you enabled it, it should have automatically copied GYA to the 'Standard Packages' folder. This has changed as noted above in Unity 5 which uses the 'Sample Assets' folder. If it did not copy for any reason, GYA should report an error in the console. You can also try hitting the Refresh button in the upper right corner as that triggers 'Persist Mode's' refresh/update cycle as well.

Multiple User Folders: Looks like OnePxl got you pointed in the right direction already.

Auto Consolidate: Checking now .. You are correct, it is not functioning as it should. I will look into it and push an update when it is fixed. Thanks for letting me know!

Download Assets: Have to admit, it would be nice to simply have an option to right-click and have an Update/Download option. I honestly do not know if it is possible or not. I would think so and who knows, maybe I'll run across the right bits in time.

Really glad to hear that you like GYA so far. Ease of access and importing assets is what brought GYA about.

18. Saxi

Saxi

I found the standard asset thing, it was working I just was curious where it was going. Looks like it puts it in a different folder than the regular standard assets. It's in virtualstore unity then standard assets there (which is default empty). I'm curious what this second standard assets folder is all about. But with the changes in Unity 5 seems to make it a moot point.

19. Xeir

Xeir

New version has been submitted: 2.15a01e
    - Fixed: Auto Consolidate is functioning as expected.

Saxi-
    That is likely from Windows UAC security settings for that folder.
    Let me know if you have any problems with the Auto Consolidate.

20. unicat

unicat

Getting two errors here in U5 b18:

GYA - LoadJSON: Comparison threw an exception.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    GrabYerAssets:LoadJSON() (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:4381)
    GrabYerAssets:RefreshPackages(Boolean) (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:4127)
    GrabYerAssets:OnEnable() (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:547)
    UnityEditor.EditorWindow:GetWindow()
    GrabYerAssets:Init() (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:428)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    GrabYerAssets.<ScanProject>m__80 (.Packages x) (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:4045)
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[GrabYerAssets+Packages].RemoveAll (System.Predicate`1 match) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Collections.Generic/List.cs:514)
    GrabYerAssets.ScanProject () (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:4045)
    GrabYerAssets.RefreshPackages (Boolean showRefresh) (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:4130)
    GrabYerAssets.OnEnable () (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:547)
    GrabYerAssets:Init() (at Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor/GrabYerAssets.cs:428)

21. Xeir

Xeir

Unicat-

Checking into it now & started a conversation so we can chat back and forth.

Edit: Haven't heard back from you, are you still having the above error. And/or did you try any of the suggestions I mentioned.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  22. Xeir

Xeir

New version has been submitted: 2.15a29a

NOTE: This version still requires GYA’s data files in the “Asset Store” folder. An upcoming version will remove this dependency by moving them 1 folder down.

2.15a29a
    - Duplicate files within “Asset Store” and “Asset Store-5.x” handled properly

2.15a26c
    - GYA now scans the “Asset Store-5.x” folder as well if it exists.
    - Change: ‘Package Info’ last line has been changed from showing the assets collection to showing it’s folder path.

2.15a20a
    - Updated: Now handles the ‘Standard Assets’ (Unity 5b19+) folder in addition to ’Sample Assets’ (Unity 5b14-b18) & ‘Standard Packages’ (Unity 3-4) depending on the version of Unity being used
    - Changed: Deleting an individual asset will no longer reset marked assets
    - Fixed: Issue with null being returned if the ‘Asset Store’ folder is empty

23. Saxi

Saxi

Is there any way to turn off the duplicate assets between 4 and 5?

I was thinking about just creating a junction point/sym link for 5.x->4 asset folder. Any reason this would cause problems until this is all sorted out?

24. Xeir

Xeir

There is not a built-in way to hide the duplicates between the "Asset Store" & "Asset Store-5.x" at the moment. I am looking at other options now for handling the changes presented by Unity 5. One of the things I'm planning on adding is to have multiple versions of an asset shown as a foldout. No time frame is set for this currently.

As to the sym link, I had the same thought the other day, but with everything else, haven't had the time to test anything. I would highly recommend backing up your assets just as a precaution prior to testing it out.

Something I just noticed, that I'm looking into now, is that with the inclusion of scanning the AS5 folder, GYA may show Old assets in the AS5 folder with the New asset (Green) color designation. So, just something to be aware of for the time being.

I've added code to show which assets are in the AS5 folder as well, just need to work on a proper icon. This will be included in an upcoming version.

I have an inquiry into Unity requesting some clarification relating to the changes brought about by Unity 5.

25. Saxi

Saxi

Ask them is there a way to force an "Update All" for assets via an api. I tried snooping the UnityEditor.dll to see if I could find something I could hook into but I couldn't find it. Would be awesome to be able to update without going into asset store.

Another thing that would be awesome and should already be in Unity is the ability to install/uninstall/upgrade assets, keeping track what version and what files of an asset are installed in a project.

26. OnePxl

OnePxl

Is there a way to sort packages on the modification date?

27. Xeir

Xeir

Sorting by Version ID is effectively the same thing, as the Version ID is an incremental number whenever a package/update is submitted. So the higher the Version ID, the more recent the package is.

Hope that helps.

28. OnePxl

OnePxl

Thanks, I'll try that!

29. OnePxl

OnePxl

I tried it, but it doesn't do what I expected. My use case is that I would like to sort on date modified of the unitypackage file. I have so many assets now, that it's unwieldy to have them all on disk, so I want to clean up the most recently downloaded ones every once in a while. Is that easy to add?

30. Xeir

Xeir

Ah yes, sorting by Version ID will not work on exported packages. No worries however, sort by Creation Date will be included in the next version.

31. OnePxl

OnePxl

Awesome!

32. Xeir

Xeir

New version has been submitted: 2.15c04a

- IMPORTANT: Please DELETE GYA from your project PRIOR to upgrading a version of GYA older than 2.15b20b !!!

If the prior version is not deleted first, it MAY cause a conflict as GYA's project folder and data files have moved in this version. If this occurs, simply delete the old "GrabYerAssets" folder from the root of your project. This change was required for proper Unity 5 integration.

Note:
    - This will probably be the last version that officially supports Unity 3.x. Future submissions will be for Unity 4 & 5.

2.15c04a
    - Minor tweaks to the UI and verification of functions with the Unity 5 release.

2.15c03c
    - Fixed: Moving Asset Store files between Unity versions would not work under Windows

2.15c02e
    - Added: Progress bar when Refreshing

2.15c02a
    - Added: Main Menu option “Move Asset Store Assets”:
    1- “To Unity 5 Asset Store-5.x”, will move ANY assets located in the OLD “Asset Store” folder over to the NEW “Asset Store-5.x” folder. Duplicates between the (2) folders will be left untouched at this time.
    2- “To Unity 4 Asset Store”, will move ANY assets located in the NEW “Asset Store-5.x” folder over to the OLD “Asset Store” folder, EXCEPT Unity 5 specific assets. Duplicates between the (2) folders will be left untouched at this time.
    3- “Delete Empty Sub Folders”, will scan BOTH Asset Store folders and remove any empty sub-folders & delete any “.DS_Store” files if it is the only file within the folder.
    - Added: Unity 4 specific Categories:
    1- “Packages: Unity 4” = Packages that are tagged as being Unity 4 or older as per the “unity_version” tag AND any packages that do NOT have the “unity_version” tag.
    2- “Folder: Asset Store”, ANY package within the OLD “Asset Store” folder.
    - Added: ‘Invert Selections’ for multiple asset handling

2.15b20b
    - IMPORTANT: DELETE the existing install PRIOR to upgrading from an older version !!!
    - IMPORTANT: GYA's project files have been relocated:
    Old location: "Assets/GrabYerAssets/Editor"
    New location: "Assets/Plugins/Editor/GrabYerAssets"
    - Added: Put GYA in a namespace, for Unity 4.2 and newer

2.15b19d
    - Added: Sort list by Creation Date
    - Added: Unity 5 specific Categories:
    1- “Packages: Unity 5" = Packages that are tagged as being Unity 5 as per the “unity_version” tag.
    2- “Folder: Asset Store-5.x”, ANY package within the NEW “Asset Store-5.x” folder.

2.15b17b
    - Moved: GYA Data Files have been moved for better handling with Unity 5,
    Old location: “../Unity/Asset Store/”
    New location: “../Unity/”
    What was moved: “Grab Yer Assets.json”, “Grab Yer Assets User.json” and the “-Grab Yer Assets (Old)” folder

2.15b17a
    - Fixed: Asset color in the list may have been incorrect when handling duplicate and/or old versions between the “Asset Store” & “Asset Store-5.x” folders

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  33. ThunderTruck

ThunderTruck

Hi,
    This is my error with the last version:

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
    System.IO.Directory.Move (System.String sourceDirName, System.String destDirName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.IO/Directory.cs:403)
    GrabYerAssets.GrabYerAssets.GYAPreProcessor () (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/GrabYerAssets/GrabYerAssets.cs:586)
    GrabYerAssets.GrabYerAssets.OnEnable () (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/GrabYerAssets/GrabYerAssets.cs:710)
    GrabYerAssets.GrabYerAssets:Init() (at Assets/Plugins/Editor/GrabYerAssets/GrabYerAssets.cs:448)

- I have follow yours instructions (obviously)...
    - I have Unity 5f4 on Windows 7 x64
    - I use mklink to creates a symbolic link for “Asset Store” & “Asset Store-5.x” folders in other drives

34. Xeir

Xeir

Hey ThunderTruck-

Might be something with the permissions of your Old Assets folder "-Grab Yer Assets (Old)". Quick fix, manually move it as mentioned here:
    Old location: “../Unity/Asset Store/”
    New location: “../Unity/”
    What was moved: “Grab Yer Assets.json”, “Grab Yer Assets User.json” and the “-Grab Yer Assets (Old)” folder

The reason they moved is because the AS folder was for Unity 3/4 and with Unity 5 using a new folder, needed to make the location non-version specific.

I'll see about addressing the permissions problem.

35. Xeir

Xeir

With some people using mklink for creating symlinks, I'm not sure what, if any, effect it will have on the way GYA handles processing the asset files.

The few possible that I can think of offhand are:
    - permission issue?
    - GYA will show duplicates in the list due to it, in essence, scanning the same folder twice.

I am already looking into both.

36. ThunderTruck

ThunderTruck

Ok, the probem was "-Grab Yer Assets (Old)"... I have remove it from 'Asset Store' Location and now work...
    For "permission issue" it's sure but the problem is born with the GYA last version, I update always...
    Anyway, all's well that ends well.

37. Xeir

Xeir

Yup, knew it was the "-Grab Yer Assets (Old)" folder as the GYAPreProcessor() method tried to move it to the new location, but apparently there was a permission error.

Working on this now as mentioned AND I think I've got everything in place for GYA to ONLY scan either the "Asset Store" or "Asset Store-5.x" folder for whichever version of Unity is currently active. Still checking to make sure no other functions are affected by the change.

This can be toggled by means of "Menu->Settings->Scan All Asset Store Folders", default is DISABLED.
    DISABLED = Scan "Asset Store" if running Unity 3/4 ..OR.. Scan "Asset Store-5.x" if running Unity 5, automatically determined at run-time.
    ENABLED = Scan both the "Asset Store" and "Asset Store-5.x" folders.

The "Move Asset Store Assets/To Unity (4 || 5)" functions have been affected by this change as they rely on having the complete asset list form both folders. So these functions will require "Scan All Asset Store Folders" to be ENABLED to perform the move for the time being. I will probably change the way this processes in the future.

Think my next step after this is to work on some extended documentation.

38. exiguous

exiguous

Hey Xeir,
    i'm interested in the changes Unity 5 introduces to the Assetstore as you mentioned that gya has a function to "move" the already downloaded assets to a 5.x folder. Can you explain why UT has changed this? And how i must proceed to the process since there are mentioned some issues/difficulties here.
    I have all my Assets downloaded under 4.x and have installed 5.x now. So what must I do with gya to be able to use the assets without redownloading them all?
    thanks.

39. Xeir

Xeir

Hi exiguous and welcome aboard!

With Unity 5 the default Asset Store folder is now "Asset Store-5.x" whereas previous versions of Unity used the "Asset Store" folder. This was apparently done as there can now be multiple versions of an asset package; i.e.- 1 version for Unity 5, 1 version for Unity 4 and so on. And depending upon which version of Unity you're running AND what versions of a particular asset have been submitted, determines what version you download. It can get very confusing to say the least. And I'm still adding more features to deal with this and provide more options to the users, myself included. However, it's much less confusing if you're only using the latest version of Unity.

With the last version of GYA, it scans both folders to display the assets available for import so that you can see everything no matter which version of Unity you're running. This is mainly for people running multiple versions. I am adding more ways to show only the assets appropriate for a given Unity version, etc.

If you are going to be working in only one version of Unity, Unity 5 for example, then it makes sense to move any assets you've already downloaded to the new "Asset Store-5.x" folder.

You can move your files manually between the two folders, or this can be done with GYA by selecting from the Main Menu option “Move Asset Store Assets->To Unity 5 Asset Store-5.x”. This will move all assets except for duplicates. In essence I added two routines to help people move assets back and forth if there was a need to.

Hope that helps and if you have any more questions, let me know.

Regards!

40. Xeir

Xeir

Here's what to expect in the next version at minimum:

2.15c05f
    - Added: Right-click drop-down “Copy Path To Clipboard” for selected asset or by clicking on one of the asset versions listed below for it’s path
    - Added: Main menu, there is now a ‘*’ after the currently active Asset Store folder just as a quick visual reference.
    - Fixed: ‘Persist Mode’ will now only copy a newer version of itself if the package.unity_version is <= Application Unity version. This will prevent a Unity 5 version from being copied into the Unity 4 Standard Assets for example.

2.15c05d
    - Fixed: A possible Windows error when moving the User file.
    - Fixed: A possible permissions error when attempting to move the Old Assets folder.
    - Added: ”Menu->Settings->Scan All Asset Store Folders", default is DISABLED.
    1- DISABLED = Scan "Asset Store" if running Unity 3/4 ..OR.. Scan "Asset Store-5.x" if running Unity 5, automatically determined at run-time.
    2- ENABLED = Scan both the "Asset Store" and "Asset Store-5.x" folders.
    - Added: Progress bar when copying files

41. exiguous

exiguous

Xeir, thanks for the infos and the clarification. Yes I intend to run only 5.x from now on. So I guess I will just copy the files manually. I just thought that requires some sort of conversion but when its only the folderstructure it feels more "safe" with filebrowser.
    For me the whole Asset Store and Package import/update is broken. Unity could keep track of imported packages and their files easily and remove/update all package contents even after renaming/moving. Now you are forced to accept Package folder structure because something could break if you change it. And since every asset has their own naming convention it gets a mess really quickly once you import a dozen packages. Very annoying.

42. Xeir

Xeir

Is it broken in the Unity AS? or in something with GYA? Just want to clarify, grin.

Now, I did perform an update of GYA without deleting the old version first. And it did overwrite the correct files even though they were in the old folder. So the GUID portion was working. Which in 1 case I like and another I don't.
    1- Even if the user moves the asset somewhere else, it will still get updated. Nice for user of course.
    2- In my case, I've changed my main project folder to be more out of the way and project friendly folder wise. BUT, it never gets changed as in the prior case since it's updating to the old folder.

Did another test upgrading from a different version, and I ended up with duplicate files instead. The later however, was due to me recreating my project AND copying the files over manually which did not copy the meta files. Therefore the GUID's were no longer the same. Which lead to me recommending that people delete the existing version of GYA prior JUST in case.

In regards to Unity 5'spackage handling, some changes I like, others will take a bit to get used to. It's the way of change.

43. OnePxl

OnePxl

I think @exiguous is unhappy with unitypackages in general, because the folder structure is too rigid.

44. Xeir

Xeir

Is what I was figuring, BUT wanted to make sure.

It would be very nice if we had the option during install to override and thereby have the option to allow the GUID reference to either replace files in the existing folders OR put them in the new locations dictated by the asset package AND the importer would then give the option to remove the old version. It would make things a lot easier.

45. Xeir

Xeir

New version has been submitted: 2.15c06j

2.15c06j
    - Changed: Moved the new Packages & Folder entries to the top of the Categories section, to better portray their intent. They are now labeled as “Show Actual Contained In:”. These 4 entries will show what is ACTUALLY there regardless of the “Settings->Show All Asset Store Folders” so that there is always a quick way to get to these files even if you normally prefer to hide them from the current version of Unity that is running.

2.15c06h
    - Added: Under the Search bar drop-down, “Sort->by Package ID”

2.15c06g
    - Added: Settings option “Open URLs In Unity”, ENABLED by default
    - Added: Improved permission handling to copy/move functions

2.15c06f
    - Changed: ”Menu->Settings->Scan All Asset Store Folders", default is now ENABLED.
    1- ENABLED = Scan both the "Asset Store" and "Asset Store-5.x" folders.
    2- DISABLED = Scan "Asset Store" if running Unity 3/4 ..OR.. Scan "Asset Store-5.x" if running Unity 5, automatically determined at run-time.
    - Added: ”Menu->Settings->Show All Asset Store Folders", default is DISABLED.
    1- DISABLED = Show "Asset Store" if running Unity 3/4 ..OR.. Show "Asset Store-5.x" if running Unity 5, automatically determined at run-time.
    2- ENABLED = Show both the "Asset Store" and "Asset Store-5.x" folders.

2.15c06a
    - NOT-ENABLED: ‘scannedFolders’ tag to the json file to note the last scanned AS folder and if it matches GYA’s settings for the current Unity version. This is to auto refresh data when switching between Unity versions. Disabled this in lieu of the changes made in 2.15c06f

2.15c05f
    - Added: Right-click drop-down “Copy Path To Clipboard” for selected asset or by clicking on one of the asset versions listed below for it’s path
    - Added: Main menu, there is now a ‘*’ after the currently active Asset Store folder just as a quick visual reference.
    - Fixed: ‘Persist Mode’ will now only copy a newer version of itself if the package.unity_version is <= Application Unity version. This will prevent a Unity 5 version from being copied into the Unity 4 Standard Assets for example.

2.15c05d
    - Fixed: A possible Windows error when moving the User file.
    - Fixed: A possible permissions error when attempting to move the Old Assets folder.
    - Added: ”Menu->Settings->Scan All Asset Store Folders", default is DISABLED.
    1- DISABLED = Scan "Asset Store" if running Unity 3/4 ..OR.. Scan "Asset Store-5.x" if running Unity 5, automatically determined at run-time.
    2- ENABLED = Scan both the "Asset Store" and "Asset Store-5.x" folders.
    - Added: Progress bar when copying files

46. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

Hi

Rigth now when i check "Folder: asset store" to filter only Unity 4 assets, GYA becomes slow as hell.

For example: If i don't filter anything selecting any asset is almost instantly. If i select "Folder: asset store" selecting any assets is like 20 seconds until the asset is selected.

In acse you need some numbers, I have 550 assets in the Unity 4 folder and those are also replicated in the Unity 5 folder

47. Xeir

Xeir

I just did a quick test and not experiencing anything so far.

Just duplicated my Asset Folder for a total of 811 total assets, 345 in each asset store folder and retested, I'm not getting any slowdown on this end, even checking it with the profiler.

Were there any error messages, symptoms or anything else that might help in determining to what is causing it?

I'll keep looking into it.

48. Xeir

Xeir

Question: By replicated, are they actually copied/duplicated or is it a hardlink/symlink? Asking just to make sure that there's not a circular path issue occurring.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2015
  49. b4c5p4c3

b4c5p4c3

By replicated i mean actually copied (Ctrl - C + Ctrl - V in windows explorer)

50. Xeir

Xeir

Just tried it with 1500+ files and nothing to note so far .. Will keep investigating, if you find anything on yer end, please let me know.