Search Unity

S-Inventory: Equipment, Crafting, Skill Bar, Item Groups, Containers & Merchant (C# & JS)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by OussamaB, Jul 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyLi

TonyLi

I don't recall if SoumiDelRio added drag-to-drop yet.

You'll have to write the script that works between S-Inventory and UFPS. You should be able to use something similar to what I posted up above in this post.

2. OussamaB

OussamaB

I'm not sure if I get this but does this code above drop equipped items?

This is done by the code above actually. I don't really know how UFPS works so this is just a suggestion: make all items' models inactive in scene and place them into array in the script above, then whenever you equip an item, use this code to check if the equipped item name matches one of the models, deactivate the last equipped item model and activate this one.

In the InventoryUI inspector, tick the DestroyOnDragToWorld variable and this feature will be enabled.

3. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

I'm having a problem with S-inventory and drop type - spawn. The object it spawns is blank, not the original item. For example even in the demo scene if I change drop type to spawn and remove object, all that comes out is a blank cube with no item in it. Only once did it actually spawn a sword. When it spawns empty it contains the following components: Name: Defaultitem(Clone)(Clone), Box collider, Mesh renderer (only material is default-diffuse), Item Script with the correct item listed. However the item itself is not actually there. Again this happens 9 times out of 10, I only managed to get one sword working which spawned correctly.

BuckeyeStudios likes this.
  4. OussamaB

OussamaB

It seems like the spawn drop type is broken because the system is not saving items' models, I'd have to find another way to drop items in world. You might have to place the items prefabs in the resources folder along with the items sprites so that the script can load the item model correctly. Please PM me your invoice and e-mail and I will send you the fixed version.

5. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Please send over the fix when you get a chance, msg'd

6. Joseph-Townsend

Joseph-Townsend

I am back...this time with maybe something more easy, I was wondering if anyone had a method, script, plugin, or kit to work with crafting making the crafting system a bit different; I am looking to have the outcome item placement be maybe like H1Z1's where you hold the item out for placement and it sort of glides, or like the forest to where you lay the items in a set line like fence and building are done, etc... to where there is not a crafting "grid" the two examples are below. Most will be happy to hear while yes I am building a survival-ish game, I am in fact NOT building another zombie based one.

H1Z1 Crafting

The Forest Crafting

7. OussamaB

OussamaB

I've sent you the fixed version in an e-mail.

If you'd like to use the destroy drop type, you'd have to place the item prefab in the resources folder under the name "ObjectNameJS" for the JS version or "ItemNameC" for the C# version. This fix will be included in the next update.

8. OussamaB

OussamaB

This suggestion seems really interesting but I can't promise it anytime soon.

9. Joseph-Townsend

Joseph-Townsend

What about the H1Z1 style, can't that be done in just a few hours by making a craft "type" and when under this particular "type" the outcome game object is a giant rigid body with some constraints....I found a start that it could even be based off of so a lot of the coding is already done. Check out the video and the unity package here

10. OussamaB

OussamaB

It can be done with rigidbodies but it will not function correctly since it won't necessarily stay in the position you drop it at. I believe the H1Z1 style depends on the terrain like placing buildings in RTS games. I'll see what I can do.

11. Joseph-Townsend

Joseph-Townsend

I see, anything helps :D I am putting the equip weapons/items from inventory on hold for now; but really want to do something with s-inventory so I was hoping for some type of crafting like these I can use; again I really like and in the end would love to have both styles but at this point any step forward and I can at least start mass building my recipe list.

12. RealAspireGames

RealAspireGames

Ok so there is a bug where if I move the player from the RFPS and S-inventory package the inventory does not show up at all nor does the skill bar or anything! I really need help setting this up with RFPS, It worked great last update but now with the new GUI system things are a bit more complicated!
    Please help or any support would be greatly appreciated

thank you

13. TonyLi

TonyLi

Make sure you're moving the player and the InvCanvasC# at the same time, and that your scene has an EventSystem. The player's S-InventoryC# scripts have references to the UI elements in InvCanvasC#. If you move them separately, the scripts will lose their references to InvCanvasC#.

The easy way is to Ctrl-click !!!FPS PlayerMain, InvCanvasC#, and EventSystem in the Hierarchy so all three are selected. Then copy them to the clipboard (Command-C/Ctrl-C). Open your scene and paste them in (Command-V/Ctrl-V).

The last I recall, you could hear the open/close sounds but nothing showed up onscreen, so it's probably a hookup issue like this.

14. Joseph-Townsend

Joseph-Townsend

Is there a step by step guide for getting rfps and inventory working? If so I may switch to that as it stands I am just watching each day go by without being able to move forward.

15. TonyLi

TonyLi

Hi @Trim Studio Designs - If you use the Dialogue System as an intermediary, you can use these steps. If you don't use the Dialogue System, parts of the documentation might be helpful anyway.

OussamaB likes this.
  16. Joseph-Townsend

Joseph-Townsend

@TonyLi this is great thank you. I do not use Dialogue system yet....however I already have plans to make a "skyrim like" game and am already mapping the schema to use it for that down the line, right now since I am a one man team trying to tackle 1 game at a time lol.

RealAspireGames likes this.
  17. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Soumi I am having some trouble keeping the windows anchored with ugui, do you have any suggestions what to start adjusting because theres a lot of panels etc...I notice it most on the xp bar. Thank you. I bought s-quest by the way too, its a perfect compliment to s-inventory!

18. OussamaB

OussamaB

If you'd like to position the UI panels on the screen with the provided code, you'd have to set the UI panels anchors to the center of the screen so that the system can position them correctly depending on the starting position you choose from the inspector. If you don't want to use the default positions, comment out the "SetDefaultPosition();" line in Awake in the UI panel script and choose the starting position of the panel directly in the editor view and choose the anchor depending on what you wish to achieve.
    Thanks for purchasing S-Quest as well, positioning UI panels there works the same way.

19. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Cool thanks, sorry used to using ngui!

20. 455224

Hi,
    I recently purchased the inventory module, but when it comes to installing it I keep getting Null References. I've tried re-assigning everything on the scripts mentioned in the console but to no luck.

Specifically:
    InventoryManager.cs:117 and :99
    Equipment.cs:132 and :47
    InventoryUI.cs:261

From what I can see two of them can only be the 'DefaultItem', of which I am referencing the asset supplied, so have no idea what is going wrong. Setup wise I am using the following structure:

http://pasteboard.co/Pkk71eW.png

Any ideas on how to solve it would be hugely appreciated!

Many Thanks

21. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Did you try installing in a fresh project? I just installed on Unity 4.6 and Unity 5 without any errors, and my Unity loves throwing errors my way if it can. It could be a conflicting script.

22. 455224

Thanks for the info, nice (in a way!) to hear its just my issue. Will throw it on a fresh project tomorrow and see what happens!

23. TonyLi

TonyLi

If that doesn't work (or if you want to try this first), inspect your InventoryManager[C#] GameObject. Add the C# if you're using the C# version. It's a child of S-Inventory[C#], which should be a child of your player. Find the field "Default Item". Make sure it's assigned a prefab. Click on the field to highlight the prefab in the Project view. Then inspect that prefab. Make sure it has an Item script.

24. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

One other tip and maybe someone has a better way of doing this, but the initial setup for a scene can take a little bit, to speed it up I open 2 versions of unity and one has the demo scene and one has my scene. And then I just match everything in my scene the way it appears in the demo scene -- as opposed to having to use my terrible memory of which goes where. Making the items prefabs and then putting them in a scene does not keep the bindings so you have to set it up manually.

25. TonyLi

TonyLi

If you're talking about binding the UI elements in InvCanvas to the player's S-Inventory scripts, I found that it's pretty easy to open the demo scene, multi-select S-Inventory and InvCanvas at the same time, and copy them to the clipboard. Then I open my own scene and paste them in. The bindings stay intact. Finally, I move the S-Inventory GameObject to be a child of the player and customize the appearance of the UI elements in InvCanvas.

26. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

Does that work for you? I am unable to paste items from scene to scene. What kind of sorcery are you using to accomplish this task which I have sought after for so long haha. I'm not kidding though if you do a quick search I don't think your supposed to be able to copy between scenes, so seriously share your secret!

27. TonyLi

TonyLi

I use Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V on Windows, and Command+C/Command+V on Macs. Here's a video:

28. JRRReynolds

JRRReynolds

I'll be damned. You want to hear the funny part. If you use Edit, Copy - Edit,Paste this doesn't work. Shortcuts man. Always use them when you can.

29. 455224

Thanks for this, I will give it a try in a bit and see how it goes. I don't know if it is relevant (can't see anything that should affect it, but I could be wrong, esp. with the transforms?) but i'm trying to add it to a 2D game. If worst comes to wost I'll just ctrl + c, ctrl +v from the demo and hopefully it will run smoothly!

30. Joseph-Townsend

Joseph-Townsend

@SoumiDelRio RFPS Prefab was a fail; way to buggy compared to UFPS, so if you can get your crafting and inventory system working with UFPS I will get you $50 at the end of this month when I have more money. That will mean all in all you have made $80 off of me when all is said and done; and made it compatible so you can keep making money of off people using UFPS.

31. OussamaB

OussamaB

Sorry for the late reply! This has been a busy week for me.

Well, If I'm going to add UFPS support, you won't have to pay anything because it will be available to everyone who purchases S-Inventory. However, I'm currently working on uGUI update for my 2D Endless Runner and Bomberman assets as well a game with my friends for a competition so that will take a while but UFPS support will be available eventually. I didn't have the chance to work a lot this week due to my busy schedule so I apologize for not replying fast.

32. charles01

charles01

Please how can i make a potion in the skillbar consumable when left or right click on it the skillbar , i thought i had it working but didn't work :(
    Am calling it from another script.

What i have after some tries

Skillbar.css

public void RemoveSkillSlotItem(){
    //Trigger skill items keys:
    for(int k = 0; k < SkillSlot.Length; k++) //Starting a loop in the skill bar slots.
    {
    if(SkillSlot[k].IsTaken == true)
    {

SkillSlot[k].Icon.color = Color.gray;
    RemoveFromSkillSlot(k,1);
    //SkillSlot[k].UseTimer = SkillSlot[k].UseCoolDown;
    CustomEvents.OnSkillBarItemUsed(SkillSlot[k].Item.gameObject.GetComponent<Item>().Name, SkillSlot[k].Name);
    SaveSkillBar();
    Debug.Log("health +10");
    }

//if(SkillSlot[k].UseTimer > 0)
    // {
    // SkillSlot[k].UseTimer -= Time.deltaTime;
    // }
    //else if(SkillSlot[k].UseTimer < 0)
    //{
    // SkillSlot[k].UseTimer = 0;
    if(SkillSlot[k].IsTaken == true) SkillSlot[k].Icon.color = Color.white;
    // }
    }
    }

Otherscript.cs that am calling it from in update

if(Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.U))
    {

_skillBar.RemoveSkillSlotItem();

}

if i had 2 different potion in skillbar it take 1 of each off at the same time , i just want to be able to left click on them to use them.

Will keep trying as i wait for reply :)

thank you.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  33. OussamaB

OussamaB

Sorry for the (very) late reply. I had some pretty important exams in the past week and I needed to pass them. Anyway, to answer your question:

- Open the "SlotUI.cs" script and replace this:

Code (csharp):
    2. public void SendSkillBarClick () //When the player clicks on a skill bar item:
    3.     {
    4.         if(SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].IsTaken == true && SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].UseTimer == 0) SkillBarPanel.Click(SlotID);
    5.     }
    6. {
    with this:

Code (csharp):
    2. public void SendSkillBarClick () //When the player clicks on a skill bar item:
    3.     {
    4.         if(SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].IsTaken == true && SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].UseTimer == 0)
    5.         {
    6.             SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].Icon.color = Color.gray;
    7.             SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.RemoveFromSkillSlot(SlotID,1);
    8.             SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].UseTimer = SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].UseCoolDown;
    9.             SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.CustomEvents.OnSkillBarItemUsed(SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].Item.gameObject.GetComponent<Item>().Name, SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].Name);
    10.             SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SaveSkillBar();
    11.         }
    12.     }
    This will disable the ability to double click skill bar to move them back to the inventory though.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  34. charles01

charles01

np hope it went well.

35. charles01

charles01

Ty it works but I took out this part, cause when i have 3 stacked potion and i used 1 it doesn't let me use again, changed the cooldown but no change .

Code (csharp):
    2.             //SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].UseTimer = SkillBarPanel.InvSkillBar.SkillSlot[SlotID].UseCoolDown;
    I got it working as i wanted tnx to you :), i have 3 different types potion in my game when the player have the right potion they can use it on the right skill.

One other thing you can add to the next update is being able to add items from inventory to the once in the skillbar if the item are the same and its not maxed,
    also if the items in the inventory sort and arrange them self when the window is closed.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
    OussamaB likes this.
  36. OussamaB

OussamaB

Would you mind explaining more your suggestion?

37. DS_Game

DS_Game

Please help! I used your system only 2 days and i'm just a beginner in scripting. Help please. I am adding to item script
    public GameObject ObjItem;
    I want to make in InventoryEvents event when weapon slot is equipped than
    in InventoryEvents I add
    public GameObject goW; // Weapon

goW = GetComponent<Item> ().ObjItem;
    goW = Instantiate(goW) as GameObject;
    goW.transform.parent = GameObject.Find("Sword").transform;
    goW.transform.localRotation = Quaternion.Euler(0, 0, 0);
    goW.transform.localPosition = new Vector3(0, 0, 0);
    everything what i try nothing help me, please help I don't know what to do (((

38. TonyLi

TonyLi

SoumiDelRio added C# events in v1.21. If you have the latest version of S-Inventory from the Asset Store, you can use code like this:
    Code (csharp):
    1. void Start() {
    2.     // Tell S-Inventory's InventoryEvents to call our OnPlayerEquippedItem method:
    3.     FindObjectOfType<InventoryEvents>().PlayerEquippedItem += OnPlayerEquippedItem;
    4. }
    6. void OnDestroy() {
    7.     // When destroying this GameObject, tell S-Inventory to stop calling OnPlayerEquippedItem:
    8.     FindObjectOfType<InventoryEvents>().PlayerEquippedItem -= OnPlayerEquippedItem;
    9. }
    11. void OnPlayerEquippedItem(string ItemName, string EquipmentSlot) {
    12.     // Do this when the player equips an item:
    13.     // (Your code goes here. S-Inventory gives you the string name of the item.)
    14. }

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  39. DS_Game

DS_Game

I have, but i don't understend what i mast write in this function to make what i want.
    I want to make in InventoryEvents event when weapon slot is equipped than
    in InventoryEvents I add
    public GameObject goW; // Weapon

goW = GetComponent<Item> ().ObjItem;
    goW = Instantiate(goW) as GameObject;
    goW.transform.parent = GameObject.Find("Sword").transform;
    goW.transform.localRotation = Quaternion.Euler(0, 0, 0);
    goW.transform.localPosition = new Vector3(0, 0, 0);
    Please help!
    1. void OnPlayerEquippedItem(string ItemName)

40. DS_Game

DS_Game

Can you write the example of code for example if item equipped to slot 2 than war=1;

41. TonyLi

TonyLi

I'm not sure I understand. I think you're trying to instantiate a weapon in the player's hand when the player equips an inventory item. Here's a simple way to do it.

1. Create weapon prefabs with the exact same name as the S-Inventory item name (e.g., "Sword", "Axe", etc.).

2. Add this script to the player GameObject, and assign the weapon prefabs to the Weapons list in the inspector.

3. Assign Hand, which is the transform where the weapon will be parented when equipped.
    Code (csharp):
    2. using UnityEngine;
    4. public class WeaponEquipper : MonoBehaviour {
    6.     public Transform[] weapons; //<-- Assign this in the inspector.
    7.     public Transform hand; //<--Assign this in the inspector.
    9.     void Start() {
    10.         // Tell S-Inventory's InventoryEvents to call our OnPlayerEquippedItem method:
    11.         FindObjectOfType<InventoryEvents>().PlayerEquippedItem += OnPlayerEquippedItem;
    12.     }
    14.     void OnDestroy() {
    15.         // When destroying this GameObject, tell S-Inventory to stop calling OnPlayerEquippedItem:
    16.         FindObjectOfType<InventoryEvents>().PlayerEquippedItem -= OnPlayerEquippedItem;
    17.     }
    19.     void OnPlayerEquippedItem(string ItemName, string EquipmentSlot) {
    20.         // Abort if it's not a weapon:
    21.         if (!string.Equals(EquipmentSlot, "Main Arm")) return;
    22.         // Destroy the old weapon in the player's hand:
    23.         foreach (var child in hand) {
    24.             Destroy(child);
    25.         }
    26.         // Instantiate the new weapon into the player's hand:
    27.         foreach (var weaponPrefab in weapons) {
    28.             if (string.Equals(weaponPrefab.name, ItemName)) {
    29.                 var weapon = Instantiate(weaponPrefab) as Transform;
    30.                 weapon.parent = hand;
    31.                 weapon.localRotation = Quaternion.identity;
    32.                 weapon.localPosition = Vector3.zero;
    33.                 goW.transform.parent = GameObject.Find("Sword").transform;
    34.                 return;
    35.             }
    36.         }
    37.     }
    38. }
    I just typed this straight into the editor, so it might have typos. I added comments to make it easier to understand and fix.

OussamaB likes this.
  42. OussamaB

OussamaB

I have finished working on items' equipment attributes. It works like this:

- Set the attributes you need in the equipment inspector with their default values.
    - Assign the attributes that you want the item to modify (positively or negatively).
    - Use the static function "Equipment.GetAttributeValue(NAME)" to get the value of attributes in your code.

This and more updates/bug fixes will be available in the asset store in the next week.

43. sheffieldlad

sheffieldlad

Anyone got a link to the manual? All I get when I click the link is Error establishing database connection.

44. TonyLi

TonyLi

Me too. SoumiDelRio's host must be down temporarily. In a pinch, you can hit Google's cache. Just enter
    Code (text):
    1. cache:http://soumidelrio.com/document/s-inventory/

sheffieldlad likes this.
  45. OussamaB

OussamaB

Sorry for that. The website is now working again.

sheffieldlad likes this.
  46. OussamaB

OussamaB

S-Inventory v1.22 has been submitted to the asset store:

- Fixed dropping items from the inventory to the game world.
    - Fixed a bug in saving and loading items.
    - Added equipment attributes: create, customize and assign attributes to inventory items and use a custom function to get their values in your code.
    - Added the option to re-order items in the inventory and container UI panel.
    - Added the option to merge skill bar items if the amount hasn't reached the specified maximum amount.

47. DS_Game

DS_Game

Please Help! How can i make when i touch the button Z inventory items saved, when I touched button X inventory load

48. ahaykal

ahaykal

Hello Soumi,

First off, thank you for this asset,

I am having trouble with some aspects of this plugin (Only S-Inventory).
    I am trying to start the C# demo scene and it is not working as intended. The inventory is not showing, only a blank page opens. Also, when I try picking up items they don't disappear from the scene however I get the debug message : "Just added Sword to the inventory" (However, I get the same message 11 times for one click).
    Sometimes when I start the scene, I can't move and from the editor view I see these items blocking my way: DefaultItem(Clone).
    If it helps I am using Unity 4.6.3 and I don't get any error in the debug.

Please check the attached image.

Any help would be appreciated thank you!

Attached Files:

49. AbsoluteZero

AbsoluteZero

Hello Soumi,
    I am facing the same issue mentioned above, kindly assist.
    Thanks,

50. OussamaB

OussamaB

Hello, have you tried importing the asset into a new project and test it? Could you take screenshots of the Inventory UI and Inventory Manager inspector while you play the demo scene? If you have an older version of Unity, please try to test the asset on it.
    What is the version of Unity you're using with the asset? And please do the same thing as above.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.