Search Unity

Runtime Level Editor

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JohnParask, Aug 31, 2014.

1. JohnParask

JohnParask

RLE is based on Unity 5, it will not run in Unity 4.x.x

davem250 likes this.
  2. davem250

davem250

Hi GreekStudios0, I am still playing with the RLE and it is awesome so far ;) i have however noticed that inside the RLE it says beta 3 and not version 1.0 for example?! is that made on purpose or just a Little mistake?

JohnParask likes this.
  3. JohnParask

JohnParask

I changed it in order to build the third Open Beta and i forgot to restore it :p

davem250 likes this.
  4. JohnParask

JohnParask

Shorting items with categories is coming.

davem250 likes this.
  5. RandAlThor

RandAlThor

Great to see you are working on this again.
    Still hope for a mobile (ios) version and that we can configure the view for that.
    I know you wrote it will come as a free upgrade but at the moment it is the only thing that hold me back from buying.

Also i am sorry to not answer on your playerprefs question, just found it after reading this thread again.
    I am not such a good coder so i can not tell you the limit for that on ios. I only know that the webplayer has a limit of 1mb. But all others should not have a limit.

JohnParask likes this.
  6. JohnParask

JohnParask

When i add a mobile version it would be as a free update of course. I will work on this quite soon.

davem250 likes this.
  7. RobertOne

RobertOne

Hey! looks cool :) but i have 2 questions for you:
    can you define a grid and let objects snap on it?
    and how is the UI done? ngui, ugui or hard coded?

JohnParask likes this.
  8. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey, you can create snap IDs for group of object types. For example you make a snap group for the walls, then you can use the CTRL + 1/2/3/4 keys to snap the object on each direction.
    You may see the example video here : http://greekstudios.hol.es/eshop/runtime-level-editor , the title is "Snap System"

The UI is made using the Unity 4.6/5.0 UI.

davem250 likes this.
  9. RobertOne

RobertOne

hey! sorry, thats not really what i meant with snapping :)

i think i will better expain what i mean with snapping or what i need it for.
    basically i want to build up a ingame voxel editor. so if you want a minecraft out of the birds-eye view.
    somehting simmilar to this:
    or

from the videos that i see, there is no grid right?

i know i could buy the "Voxel Editor 2" from the asset store but its only working in unity. not as standalone (yours is working as standalone if i get it right? so i can make a build with the editor correct?)

JohnParask likes this.
  10. JohnParask

JohnParask

Yes, i undrestood what you mean now and i will try to add this, i'm not sure how though.

Yes RUNTIME Level Editor works at runtime :p and you can allow players to design/save/share and play their own levels, and the whole scene is has a very small file size.

RobertOne likes this.
  11. JohnParask

JohnParask

Runtime Level Editor is submitted to the Asset Store and it would be uploaded within the following week.
    The released version is the v1.1, you can view all the new features here : http://rld.url.ph

davem250 likes this.
  12. im

im

sweet!

JohnParask likes this.
  13. JohnParask

JohnParask

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
  14. soldier11213048

soldier11213048

wo had buy this asset, how can i get this book?

JohnParask likes this.
  15. JohnParask

JohnParask

It is not possible. The cost of production of Physical copies is very high. :(

16. HakJak

HakJak

Omg I can't believe I didn't find this sooner! I bought a different level editor a couple months ago, but it doesn't have near as many features as yours! Does it work on Mac/Linux yet? I'm shooting for a simultaneous release on both Windows and Mac around April 2016.

JohnParask likes this.
  17. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey, sorry for late replay.

Yes the new patch supports all standalone platforms.

18. HakJak

HakJak

Thank you... so good to hear from you!

I almost didn't make a purchase because I was worried that there wouldn't be good support behind this product after I couldn't reach you. I tried your external forum site as well, but kept getting access denied errors when trying to post. What is your preferred method of contact so I can reach you more easily in the future?

User-made levels will be a very important aspect of my game project's success, so I have to be sure there's good support behind the asset I use. I went out on a limb and bought it anyways and should be ready to try it out pretty soon, so I might have some questions down the road....

19. JohnParask

JohnParask

I had some problems and i really apologize. The easier and faster way to contact me is via E-mail. You will get an answer within 2 days. (9 out of 10 times the same day).
    Email : paraskevlos@yahoo.gr

To share levels is very easy, it's only one .rld file for each scene. If you have already bought my asset please email me to send you the 1.3 version which supports mac/linux because the 1.3 version is not online on the asset store yet.

20. HakJak

HakJak

Thank you! When I'm back to my development computer later today, I'll find my asset store receipt and email you.

JohnParask likes this.
  21. HakJak

HakJak

Hi GreekStudios0... can you please send me the new version? I sent you an email to the address you posted here. You can try sending to my other email, in case the first didn't work for some reason. hakjakgames@gmail.com

JohnParask likes this.
  22. JohnParask

JohnParask

Hey, i don't know what is wrong, i sent you the link, i will try again.

23. HakJak

HakJak

Thanks that was a super quick reply! I'm not sure what happened. The first email never came through, but the one you just sent did. I'm downloading right now. Thanks again for the quick reply.

JohnParask likes this.
  24. JohnParask

JohnParask

No problem and sorry for the inconvenience, i though you got it with my first email :/

25. HakJak

HakJak

No worries :) Looking forward to trying this out. I'll let you know how it goes.

JohnParask likes this.
  26. JohnParask

JohnParask

Nice :) Make sure to contact me for help if you need it too.