Search Unity

RUCTION now on Steam Greenlight! (is now GREENLIT!)

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by supadupa64, Jun 12, 2016.

1. supadupa64

supadupa64

RavenOfCode likes this.
  2. GIDARREN

GIDARREN

Upvoted :)

3. supadupa64

supadupa64

Thanks!!

4. ToolbeltTechnology

ToolbeltTechnology

I upvoted as well because the game looks great! Hopefully you guys can spend some time cleaning up some animations. For example, in your first video from 0:30-0:35 the characters feet are skating as the person is moving their arms. Other than that, the game appears to have lots of potential with it's variety of content and depth in it's game mechanics.

5. supadupa64

supadupa64

Thanks for the support! I'm trying to figure out the animations right now. I've got some sorta of problem with my main character and adding animations.

6. supadupa64

supadupa64

Now moved into the top 100 games on Greenlight and currently hold the #85 position.

top100.jpg

7. supadupa64

supadupa64

MD_Reptile likes this.
  8. supadupa64

supadupa64

Has anybody else running a greenlight noticed the vote conversions are low?

9. supadupa64

supadupa64

10. supadupa64

supadupa64

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  11. supadupa64

supadupa64

I heard Steam may be choosing games this Friday for greenlight. We'll see though.

12. supadupa64

supadupa64

The word on the street is that Steam is choosing games today to be Greenlit! We'll see!

13. Rombie

Rombie

Best of luck on the greenlight.

supadupa64 likes this.
  14. GIDARREN

GIDARREN

I think it may be good not to be picked today with the summer sale on, we may go under the radar. I am at #15 now but still not greenlit. There may be a time protocol, like we need at least a month on the greenlight. Never know.

15. RavenOfCode

RavenOfCode

Congrats on getting so far, its a nice game! :)

supadupa64 likes this.
  16. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Congratulations!! Looks awesome. How many are you in the team?

supadupa64 likes this.
  17. siblingrivalry

siblingrivalry

Upvoted :)

supadupa64 likes this.
  18. JVGameDev

JVGameDev

Upvoted!

supadupa64 likes this.
  19. supadupa64

supadupa64

Thanks! I'm a one man team. =)

RavenOfCode likes this.
  20. supadupa64

supadupa64

Welp, I think there were a few games that were greenlit recently. The wait is on!

21. supadupa64

supadupa64

Game update, new area!

shot40.jpg

RavenOfCode likes this.
  22. supadupa64

supadupa64

Today I was looking at a bunch of games that were greenlit on Steam a few days ago. Here's what I found. I personally feel that it's a low blow to developers making games by imo providing miss leading information about how Steam selects games. I understand that they want to make money and select games they think people will purchase which is totally fine. But when they tell you they choose games based on the amount of traction they are getting, and then choose games imo that barely have any traction at all it just seems unfair to every developer out there. I saw a game that was greenlit the same day it was put on greenlight. Now come on, how can a game gain enough traction in one day for it to be greenlit? Maybe I'm totally wrong about all this, but this game had no more than 15 comments. That doesn't really seem like traction.

Let's just see what Steam says about choosing games on greenlight. From their website:

"How many votes does a game need to get selected?
    The specific number of votes doesn't matter as much as relative interest in a game compared with other games in Steam Greenlight—we need customers to help us prioritize which games they want to see made available on Steam.

We're going to be reaching out to developers as we see their games getting traction regardless of whether they have achieved a specific number of votes or are sitting 1st or 2nd place at any given time. We are most interested in finding the games that people want, not requiring them to hit a specific number of votes."

By the way, from what I saw, an extremely large amount of greenlit games are Virtual Reality games, ever lame ones imo. What I'm saying is that Steam could at the very least tell developers they will be mostly excepting VR games for the next while, even if they are lame for the next year or so. But maybe that's what they mean when they say "We are most interested in finding the games that people want," but what's weird about that is that (from what I've read in comments on VR games) people don't have the HTC vibe or whatever you need to even play a VR game. I don't that much about VR games so maybe I'm totally wrong and I'll just stop. From what I've seen though it looks like they accept basically every VR game on the market, lame or not. It also looks like Steam is making a huge push to let those games through since they probably think VR is the future of gaming, but then again people though the Wii was the future of gaming and that was pretty successful, so who knows. The end.

Having said all that, now go vote for my game! lol ;)

23. supadupa64

supadupa64

manpower13, Rombie and RavenOfCode like this.
  24. supadupa64

supadupa64

Thanks Raven!!

RavenOfCode likes this.
  25. Rombie

Rombie

Congrats on the greenlight.
    Keep up the great work.

supadupa64 likes this.
  26. PrawnJeremy

PrawnJeremy

Congrats! Nice work. That also explains why my greenlight standing increased this morning, they greenlit a bunch of the higher voted stuff.

supadupa64 likes this.
  27. GIDARREN

GIDARREN

Congrats :)

supadupa64 likes this.
  28. supadupa64

supadupa64

Let the fun begin! What do you guys think of this set up on the Steam store?

ruction_on_steam.jpg

RavenOfCode likes this.
  29. supadupa64

supadupa64

So, has anybody used the Steam SDK achievement software?

30. GIDARREN

GIDARREN

Hey, how's your game doing?

31. supadupa64

supadupa64

I've been setting up the Steam page, working on finishing up some things and getting it ready for early access atm.

Since I have quite a few game objectives (quests/missions) I've been testing them a lot to make sure everything works perfect.

Once I feel its perfect, I'll move everything in its correct location and get it going.